Hi I just wanted to share a problem I had as a Noob BB owner. When I first got this 3 days ago I could not compose a new text message, I only had the option to send email and Instant Message. I also was not able to setup a email, Because the I only had the Enterprise option, not personal. So after several calls to Tech Support, I finally came across a person who pointed out that I did not have the Data Plan added to my account. This is required (Data Plan) once they add the data plan to your account they will then send out a refresh to your phone aswell as have you pull the battery. after that your good to go but...

You will not see the option Compose message, text, etc.... You are now looking for MMS, a little different than what most are use to but eh... From your contacts list select the person you want to text, then you will press the BB button or Menu button, same difference. Then select MMS bob <--- or whoever.

Next you will see the format for texting that will look much like a email. Just scroll down from the --SUBJECT-- field and type ur text in the --BODY--. there isnt really a need to type stuff in the subject field. People on the other end of ur text wont even see the subject field unless you fill it out.

Hope this helps some people, cause for 3 days, I thought my phone had issues but it dont. After Data Plan was entered I could finally go on the internet, text, GPS etc....

Alright im going to further explore my phone now peace.
    12-25-08 08:31 AM
    As an 8330 user, I frequent the 83xx forum. There are quite a few posts there about the 8350i including the MMS/SMS issue. I imagine you'll find some good stuff there. Happy exploring!
    BlackBerry Curve 83xx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 12-25-08 at 09:49 AM.
    12-25-08 09:45 AM
    hi!

i'm from indonesia (in asia) and i am planning to buy the unlocked BB 8350i (which will be my first BB) through e-bay.

i've read almost the user's review upon BB 8350i in this site and others. The way i see it, the main problem with BB 8350i is in the text messaging service.

I have the following questions:
    1. Does the problem of text messaging lies in the BB 8350i itself or in the carrier (the nextel)?

(NOTE: 'cause if the problem lies in the BB, then it cannot be solved and i think i will not buy 8350i. But if the problem lies in the carrier, then, i might buy the BB since indeed I will not use nextel as my carrier here in Indonesia. So i just get my own carrier here and such problem may be solved. Is that correct?)

2. How about the battery life? I heard BB has a short battery life. How long does the battery last for BB 8350i? a day? or half day?

(NOTE: i read from official BB site that compared to other Curves, 8350i has the shortest stand by time, which is 168 hours (8310 n 8320 has 480 standby time). Just wondering how the user of 8350i actually feel it)

many ..many thanks for your favorable reply!

cheers from indonesia,
    12-26-08 07:10 AM
    The problem described by the OP is simply an error setting up the services, which can be rectified by the cellular provider. Mistakes happen but this is unlikely to be a problem for most other users. Unfortunately the Christmas holiday seems to be delaying the fix.

Battery life - watch for other user feedback. The quoted standby life is much shorter than other members of the same family but talk time is similar. I wonder if they used a new method of testing to get something which is closer to real life expectation.
    12-26-08 08:49 AM
    My problem is i can't text, internet and i only can call and receive call and the it and it want connection usb cord
    11-14-09 01:54 PM
    register the host routing table... its in your advance options

try a different port, ones on the back of the computer work the best
    11-14-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD