Today, when I was texting with my curve (8320), I don't know what happened, but basically the phone turned off, and it wouldn't turn on again. Its not a nuked blackberry because I can't even to get it to turn on to go into that infinity loop of resets. I tried everything, pulling out the battery, plugging it into my computer, charging it. Only when i plugged it into my computer, a picture of a charging battery appeared, and noo, my phone is not drained of battery because I was running on 85% battery life when it turned completely off, and I even charged it and nothing happened. How do i fix this?!
    12-25-08 03:02 AM
    Sounds like its nuked. Try to use the how to recover a dead berry thread, I would post it but I'm in wap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 04:09 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

12-25-08 06:33 AM
    Did you try syncing it with desktop manager?
    12-25-08 06:39 AM
    It's also possible that the battery itself is bad. I have two batteries where ever I go, plus mobile charging options.

My recommendation, for $20 you can buy a replacement battery. If you try a new battery and it won't charge or otherwise work for you, then there's some other issue with the device.

I hope it's a simple fix for you.

12-25-08 06:54 AM
    Or do you have a lot of msgs/emails/etc. on your BB? Clean out what you don't need to free up memory.
    12-25-08 07:33 AM
    I had this happen to me when the BB was 6 days old. Called TMobile store where I had purchased it - they just opted to replace it for me.
    12-25-08 12:44 PM
    I agree with the above. Sounds like a bad battery for sure. I'd take it to a tmo store and have them try a new battery before you go out and purchase one. You never know they might just replace it. Any luck backing it up with DM?

12-25-08 01:53 PM
    I dono, I cant get it to sync to the desktop manager, and its not a battery problem either because I tried one of my friend's pearl's batteries, and it still didn't work. If I'm still within my one year warranty and I'm on T mobile, what are the chances they'll let me take it in for an exchange because of my warranty?
    12-25-08 05:05 PM
    I tried a pearl battery in my curve when I upgraded and it dosent work it has a red circle with a line through it on the screen you need to try a battery for a curve they are not the same batteries

12-25-08 05:20 PM
    Whenever the phone shuts off and does not turn back on it is a battery problem. I justed asked my girlfriend that works for TMo and she said it is your battery.

If your phone is still under warranty they'll replace it free of charge.

Also, the Pearl battery IS different then the Curve, just because the battery fits doesn't mean it is sending the right voltage/info to the curve.

12-25-08 06:24 PM
    I tried another battery, and it still didnt work :[
    but if i were to just bring it to the store i bought it in within a year of when i bought it, they would replace it free of charge right then and there at the store?
    12-25-08 06:31 PM
    The exchange after 30 days is done by mail. Call them and follow their instructions. But trying a friend's battery my not work for you - it's from a Pearl. I don't think they will exchange it in the store.

If it will start while plugged in to your PC, try to make a backup copy for the new (refurbished) device.

Last edited by exelant; 12-25-08 at 08:03 PM.
    12-25-08 08:01 PM
    I've found with faulty devices, due to no abuse from the owner, they may make an exchange, but most times will make you use the insurance clause in your contract (provided you paid for insurance) and will send you another phone... 95% of the time the phone they send is REFURBISHED.
    12-25-08 08:07 PM
    I'm on wap and can't see the carrier, but if it is TMo, I recently received an addendum to my warranty/insurance policy combining the two. It also says all claims will go through Assurion and be handled by mail.

12-25-08 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD