I'm trying to add my boyfriend to Blackberry Messenger, I enter is PIN number in and send a contact request but he never receives any message of any sort. It just sits in pending. Even if I attempt to send him a message it doesn't work. Whats wrong?
    Any help is appreciated .
    12-23-07 11:26 PM
    Trevor posted a great thread about BB Messenger here.
    12-24-07 05:11 AM
    Also, if you two are using 'Pearls', make sure the name you chose does not have spaces or funny characters in it...
    12-24-07 07:14 AM
    I've reviewed the link posted above, but it doesn't say anything about getting somebody OUT of the pending slot. My hubby & I both got new 8130s for Christmas, and although we receive PIN messages from each other, we're still showing in 'pending' and not in 'conversations' and I don't understand what we're doing wrong.
    12-28-07 12:52 PM
    Did you add using PIN? When you add a contact it will take you to your address book. Highlight the contact (don't click on it) and then hit the menu key (left of trackball.) Then select Request via PIN.
    12-29-07 12:20 AM
    I am having the same kind of trouble... I sent a PIN to my friend he got it and can see me but when I message him it goes to busy or idle basically with the little clock. He says he gets the message and replied to it but I never got it. Is there any fix for this? I know he has one of the first Pearls and I have the newest... Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
    06-11-08 02:21 PM
    I am Having an different Issue with my messenger. when I got to menu while highlighted on 2 seperate contacts it will give me the options email.. sms.. etc but when it come to the mms it give me an enitrely diferent name yet the correct phone number
    06-12-08 08:54 PM
    I am having the same kind of trouble... I sent a PIN to my friend he got it and can see me but when I message him it goes to busy or idle basically with the little clock. He says he gets the message and replied to it but I never got it. Is there any fix for this? I know he has one of the first Pearls and I have the newest... Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
    did you ever find a fix for this?
    11-27-08 10:16 PM
    hi there sry to post in here i couldnt find how to make a new thread but i have bb pear with telus and i paid the $300 to not be on a data plan with them so i can just use it like a regular phone and today my friend told me that the blackberry messenger is free so to use it have have to turn my data services on i was wondering if i would get charged for using it because im using the internet data service? or is it free with the blackberry? thank you
    11-28-08 03:14 AM
    i have a 8330 curve and my bb is always a pain in the **** to add contacts. But, how come I can send 2mB picture files but can't send a 54kB audio file? I received a message that the limit is 15kB. I ended up using another messenger.
    11-30-08 12:05 AM
    my bbm doesnt open when i go to it, it always say Uncaught exception: Wrong Presence status.. is there any way i can fix this i need my bbm thanks alot
    04-29-09 11:20 AM
    Having the same problems as these folks and even called ATT about cleared up my cache and everything but I am unable to get my pendings to become contacts etc... ANY HELP would do...
    07-16-09 02:57 PM
    Did you by chance get your problem fixed? I am having the same thing going on. UGH>
    07-16-09 03:07 PM
    can I send you a request to see if works?
    07-16-09 03:08 PM
    Did you by chance get your problem fixed? I am having the same thing going on. UGH>
    Yeah I did get this to work. I h ad him delete me from his BB and I deleted the whole messenger and re-installed it. I had him send me a request and now we are golden. I am really not sure what was up with it but it was pretty annoying.
    07-17-09 06:41 AM
    Having same problem as above with my wife. Two Pearl 8100's.
    Both running latest OS now.
    Adding eachother by PIN doesn't work.

Problem solved by uploading the new 5.0 BBM !!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by samsams; 07-18-09 at 06:02 AM.
    07-17-09 08:49 AM
    I have the curve 8330 from sprint and I downloaded the NEW blackberry messenger which is for 5.1 but my blackberry is 5.0 which i just found out...Sometimes on my bbm i cant click any chat so then i have to restart my phone in order for it to work any advice on how to get the old bbm back or when they will update the new bbm...thanks!
    01-11-10 06:43 PM
    I have the curve 8330 from sprint and I downloaded the NEW blackberry messenger which is for 5.1 but my blackberry is 5.0 which i just found out...Sometimes on my bbm i cant click any chat so then i have to restart my phone in order for it to work any advice on how to get the old bbm back or when they will update the new bbm...thanks!
    There is no 5.1 OS, and from your post I have to asume you have the leaked 5.0 on your Curve. The latest BBM, 5.0.0.57 will work all 4.5 and higher OS. I have had apps mess it up as you describe, and my best solution is to delete BBM, and install it again. As long as you have remote back up enabledf, it should go smoothly.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 11:43 AM
    so my problem is completely different, whenever i try use bbm it either doesnt register that i clicked on a contact, wont register that i pressed the menu button, or will just freeze for a little whille and then just not doing anything after it unfreezes. HELP
    03-14-10 12:01 PM
    I've had that problem on some OS, and usually clicking on the contact in my message folder got it going. When that fails, rebooting is the only solution.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 12:06 PM
    Hi I am having some problems with my Blackberry Messenger on my Bold 9700

1. Contact pictures - I can now long see any pictures of my contacts on BBM
    2. Sending pictures, If I send a picture I have taken with my Bold it will send fine, if its one I already had on my memory card...when I click send it just goes back to the conversation.
    3. Remote back up of contacts, I am trying to do a remote backup of my contacts and it is not working, the email address is registered to my Blackberry acount

I have done battery pulls, reinstalling BBM, doing a security wipe etc and I am still having the same problem

Does anybody have any ideas/

Thanks
    03-14-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD