Hello fellow addicts, I have had my gold 8320 blackberry in an orange skin for about 3 months now, and I'm not sure wheither to take it out or not... It looks so sexy out of the skin, and I feel like I'm depriving the poor thing of it's good looks. I'm pretty careful with it and all.. But what would you do?
    Last edited by timothyj91; 12-22-07 at 11:33 PM.
    12-22-07 11:14 PM
    Well I have the white/clear skin on my 8300, just to make sure that I don't damage the phone at all. All it takes is with normal use is to wear the back down while talking, and I prefer to keep my phone looking like new as long as possible.

Charlie
    12-23-07 01:06 PM
    I dont use a skin, i have the red 8310... but ive thought about getting the pink/magenta skin.

My phone looks good still... ... but i did drop it and a corner of the berry has the paint chipped off of it. it's hardly noticable... but it is there.

My bf is paranoid about using his brand new berry without a skin... he just got it and avoids using it until he gets a skin.

if you are a heavy user, its probably to keep the skin.
    12-23-07 01:53 PM
    Hello fellow addicts, I have had my gold 8320 blackberry in an orange skin for about 3 months now, and I'm not sure wheither to take it out or not... It looks so sexy out of the skin, and I feel like I'm depriving the poor thing of it's good looks. I'm pretty careful with it and all.. But what would you do?

Keep using the skin because as soon as you take it off and use it for a day something will happen. lol... I use a skin all the time (clear) and it works great. BTW, if you're looking for other skins (other than the ones you find at T-Mobile), go to an AT&T store. They sell a three pack of different colors for $20 instead of the $10 T-Mobile charges for one! Thats where I bought my skins.
    Last edited by CARTOON; 12-23-07 at 04:12 PM.
    12-23-07 04:09 PM
    I have tried a black OEM skin on my Crimson 8310...and wound up taking it off, simply because I liked the feel of the "naked" phone better. I have two Seidio slim hard cases...and still use each occassionaly, but in the end I usually come back to the skinless/caseless phone as my favorite. All the skins & cases seem to be just thick enough to ruin the slim & sexy curves of the, um...Curve.

I do have a screen protector on my phone to ward off scratches, but that's it at the present. My phone is perfect, with no glitches for now...but I am uber careful with it.

Maybe I'm just lucky...
    12-23-07 07:09 PM
    I will tell you the best reason to keep a skin on your curve,timothyj91,despite the temptation to want to handle your curve naked because of its beautiful design, look at your curve as a investment,keep it in top condition and you can demand top dollar on the resell on sites such as ebay,use the profit towards the new purchase of a blackberry upgrade(such as the 9xxx series perhaps?)and decrease the out of pocket expense for the new blackberry at purchase,there,you can thank me later for that little tid bit,LOL.
    12-23-07 08:06 PM
    i like the feel my skin gives me. i got the regular one from blackberry.
    im scared, though, that it will stretch out on the sides...
    12-23-07 10:58 PM
    Thanks for your help!
    12-23-07 11:35 PM
    I too like the looks without the skin, but lets be honest, the phone was an investment. It would be like owning a laptop without a laptop case. I put a silicone skin on mine. I thought it would stretch out too, but it hasn't. It was really slick at first and I thought I would drop it, but over time it has bacome more tacky. I would say get one! I have seen othe Curves without them and the back battery door has all the color worn off as well as dings on the corners.
    12-26-07 03:00 PM
    I prefer the OEM lambskin sleeve that came with my T-Mobile Curve 8320. It looks great. I like how the magnet inside shuts off the BlackBerry.

I lost the sleeve for a while and just pocketed the BB. I liked that, too, but it was an extra step to hold down the mute (or press K to lock keypad) before placing it back into my pocket.

I did buy a BestSkinEver but haven't put it on, primarily because it is incompatible with the lambskin sleeve (the sleeve stains the skin). Maybe someday. :-)
    12-26-07 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD