Hi.

this is really driving me crazy now..and i honeslty dunno what else to do avout it.
    I set up a gmail account (imap) on my bbery but some emails randomly just dont come throught to my phone!!!
    Sometimes it works flawlessly but some other times just stops working!!!
    I have that it might have something to do with the facebook app?? any true in that??

I am desperate and i called orange support but they just say they dont know!

thanks
    12-23-08 10:42 AM
    All I can say is that I get Gmail faster on my phone than on webmail.
    12-23-08 10:44 AM
    sometime i do too!!! but some emails just ramdomly get lost
    12-23-08 10:46 AM
    Maybe delete the Facebook app for a couple of days and see what happens. I don't use it, but there are a lot of posts about how bad it is.
    12-23-08 10:50 AM
    Have you tried the GMail app to test? The app should push mail to you device and notify you. Might worth giving it a go to determine if it is certain messages e.g. Ones being considered spam? Don't know but that was the first thing that came to mind

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 10:52 AM
    uhm...i tried the gmail app....but it checks emails every 15 mins...so it is not push at all!!
    and on webmail no emails are spam so i dont know what the problem might be
    12-23-08 10:55 AM
    I don't have the facebook app and i experience the same thing with emails to my gmail account.
    Emails get delayed or gets accumulated and i would get 2 or 3 at the same time.

Could be gmail or bis's fault?

12-23-08 11:38 AM
    no idea...but the weirdest thing is that some emails will just not ever make it to my bberry !!
    12-23-08 11:41 AM
    Use pop, it's a lot faster than imap. If it's not working entirely though that's something different.
    12-23-08 12:16 PM
    I have it set to forward e-mails to my blackberry.com e-mail. Works great. When I get on my PC I delete the ones I don't want and mark the rest as read.

12-23-08 12:36 PM
    hmm i have gmail set to imap and i get my emails instantly..i recently switched to gmail because my aol was having the exact problem..i wont get emails for a long time and all of a sudden get 4-5 emails together in bursts...aol is still acting up but my gmail is fine
    12-23-08 02:43 PM
    hmm i have gmail set to imap and i get my emails instantly..i recently switched to gmail because my aol was having the exact problem..i wont get emails for a long time and all of a sudden get 4-5 emails together in bursts...aol is still acting up but my gmail is fine
    Really IMAP instant on Gmail? Anyone else getting instant Gmail/IMAP?
    12-23-08 02:49 PM
    Really IMAP instant on Gmail? Anyone else getting instant Gmail/IMAP?
    yep instant..i test it everyday since my aol is not working..but its instant on my gmail imap..dont ask my how but it is now when i say instant i mean within 2-3 secs..i think thats pretty good.
    12-23-08 03:32 PM
    I tried imap gmail a while back and there was a slight delay.
    12-23-08 04:05 PM
    Use POP and get rid of imap...the GMAIL imap function is not BlackBerry friendly. POP is the fastest way to get GMAIL on your BB.
    12-23-08 05:28 PM
    Use POP and get rid of imap...the GMAIL imap function is not BlackBerry friendly. POP is the fastest way to get GMAIL on your BB.

Pop is what I like to call hot garbage in this instance. It's fast, but it is junk when you think about it because it doesn't sync both ways the way IMAP does. You end up with copies of the same email in multiple places that you have to remember to read or delete. No thanks.

Gmail and Rim just need to get on the ball and get IMAP push back the way it was a couple months ago. We know it can be done.
    12-23-08 06:01 PM
    The Gmail problem is hot and cold for me. Often it works instantly and I am impressed; but on some occasions it takes 1-15 minutes before it hits my Bold. Furthermore, when they are delayed, they do sometimes come in bunches. Sometimes I think it's a second email that triggers the first one to be sent at the same time. Oh well.

(Using IMAP)
    12-23-08 06:20 PM
    Pop is what I like to call hot garbage in this instance. It's fast, but it is junk when you think about it because it doesn't sync both ways the way IMAP does. You end up with copies of the same email in multiple places that you have to remember to read or delete. No thanks.

Gmail and Rim just need to get on the ball and get IMAP push back the way it was a couple months ago. We know it can be done.
    If you more or less delete strictly from the phone it's not really an issue. But at the same time using IMAP I end up reading and often deleting the same emails more than once on PC vs BB due to the sync delay anyways. I just learned to delete strictly on the BB because the immediate delivery time is more convenient for me in the long run.
    12-23-08 07:04 PM
    I just starting noticing similar issues today. It's been great and instant, but for some reason today, I had a couple e-mails in my inbox that didn't make it to the BlackBerry. :-(
    12-23-08 08:55 PM
    i really dunno what else to do ... its SO annoying
    12-24-08 08:00 AM
    Same problem here (started 2-3 weeks ago) I used both pop and imap (tested each for a few days) and getting the same results.
    Every few emails will just never make it to the bb. I will get later email but these one/two will just be sitting there in the webmail interface and never show up on the bb.

Did it all (I think), resend service books, recreate bis settings, battery pull, the works.
    Nothing helped.

I know it is probably not related but I am wondering, are any of you guys (with this problem) on a beta OS?
    I kind of think it started when I loaded my first beta OS (now on 216) but it is probably not related.

Did anyone call their carrier? (Mine's at&t), is it worth it? Can they help?

12-24-08 11:59 PM
    hmm thats odd because i have att and my gmail is fast ..i have no problems..but i am having delay problems with aol email
    12-25-08 12:19 AM
    I don't see any delays at all. The messages that do come through come as fast as on the webmail, but these random ones simply never come through.
    Makes the whole thing pretty unreliable.

12-25-08 12:25 AM
    Delay on my phone too. It used to be instant when I first got my phone. Now I get them when there are multiple emails waiting. This is using GMAIL IMAP.
    12-25-08 03:23 PM
    ANd...it ALSO happens when using wifi ....it is getting so unreliable! anyone can help ???
    12-25-08 04:36 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD