I've done extensive searching for this, all of the search results seem to be about predictive text when typing. What I want to know is, when using a browser, is autocomplete just NOT an option? I'm referring to the automcomplete that happens in regular desktop browsers that will remember text you've already typed in a field. For instance, if I go to Google and search for "blackberry browser," and then a few minutes later I want to repeat my search, it would be nice if when I started typing, it would allow me to select what I'd previously typed. I didn't see any options where I could change that (with the native browser or Opera Mini). Even with WAP browsers on regular phones, it would remember what you typed before so you could just choose it from a dropdown menu rather than having to type it again. Am I missing something?

Also, another thing I've noticed is that when I try to click on a text field so that I can modify what's in it, I have to click on it numerous times before it will allow me to type in the field. It's like if the cursor isn't in the EXACT correct spot in the text field, the cursor will disappear and if I roll the trackball, nothing happens. I have to click the trackball again, and then the cursor will show up about an inch below the text field that I was originally trying to click in. It's kind of annoying, and it doesn't seem to follow any pattern. Sometimes I'll barely have the cursor touching the text field, and when I click on it, it will work and let me enter text. Other times, I'll have the cursor RIGHT in the field, and I'll click on it and nothing. Does this happen to anyone else?

These are really the only two issues I've had that have annoyed me to the point of posting, and I couldn't find anything with multiple search terms. Can anyone help? Thanks!
    12-22-08 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD