There have been many threads that I have read re: GMail and Storm...I have my storm & BIS properly configured to receive email using IMAP....

My problem is, that if I delete a message from my gmail account via PC, it does not delete on my storm? I have seen this questioned asked b4, but have not seen a resolution.

I have tried
    "reconcile now"
    resend service book

Any help would be appreciated...

ps - I do not want to use the GMAIL App...
    12-22-08 07:47 AM
    To the best of my knowledge theres no 2 way reconcile.
    12-22-08 07:48 AM
    BIS currently doesn't support 2-way reconcile with Gmail.
    12-22-08 07:59 AM
    I wish I wish...

Google will give us a more robust gmail app for the storm...

at this point, email is a 2-step process:
    receive my messages via my storm...
    sit down at the computer to label/archive/etc.
    12-22-08 10:25 AM
    I use the Gmail App rather than through BIS. Although it is limited in a few ways, (can't select senders email text, can't attach files), it seems to do a pretty good job with 2-way sync.
    12-22-08 11:10 AM
    I use IMAP with GMAIL and have noticed it will delete immediately if you delete from the device but it will take possibly 6 HOURS to sync if you delete from the web client. My biggest gripe is the 15 minute delay with receiving new messages over IMAP. I am considering switching to yahoo since their IMAP service reportedly works flawless.. I just submitted a comment to the GMAIL team. I encourage others to do the same.

Help Center

I used the "Other" dropdown.
    01-02-09 08:24 AM
    You're absolutely right. There is only 1-way reconcile (delete message from phone will delete message from PC depending on your settings).

Reconciling with GMAIL has never been successful for me. RIM is really in the medieval ages when it comes to GMAIL, probably because BIS is typically used for work e-mail and not a lot of folks use GMAIL for work.

I think if you could set GMAIL up as a POP configuration then you could do a 2-way reconcile, but AFAIK the BIS pushes from IMAP and not from POP.
    01-02-09 08:43 AM
    My biggest gripe is the 15 minute delay with receiving new messages over IMAP.
    I read somewhere on the forum that at times the push email will be delayed if there are a lot of messages in your actual Gmail mailbox. Which is disappointing considering the fact that I have over 5000 emails and push email worked flawlessly until a few days ago.
    01-02-09 08:44 AM
    I read somewhere on the forum that at times the push email will be delayed if there are a lot of messages in your actual Gmail mailbox. Which is disappointing considering the fact that I have over 5000 emails and push email worked flawlessly until a few days ago.
    I would take whatever you read on here with a grain of salt. If it works for you then there's no reason to be concerned. Although I don't have as many emails as you (about 2400 since I delete quite a few of them), I've never had a problem with push, not even up to a few days ago.

I have heard people having problems with the GMAIL app, but usually those are server-side issues.
    01-02-09 08:49 AM
    I would take whatever you read on here with a grain of salt. If it works for you then there's no reason to be concerned. Although I don't have as many emails as you (about 2400 since I delete quite a few of them), I've never had a problem with push, not even up to a few days ago.

I have heard people having problems with the GMAIL app, but usually those are server-side issues.

Hmmm, maybe it's the way I have my email settings. I'll have to look into it more.
    01-02-09 08:51 AM
    My push email via Gmail IMAP works instantaneously. No 15 minute delay, and I have many thousands of emails in my inbox.

BIS works with either Gmail POP or IMAP. Default is POP.

Still waiting on 2-way OTA reconciliation though.
    01-02-09 09:58 AM
    I am not understanding something.. bear with me here...

My understanding of push email is that any emails that go to my gmail account get pushed to my device, correct? You guys are talking about having inboxes of emails in the thousands, so do those emails already in your inbox when you set up your device get pushed to your berry once you set it up or is it understood that push is any NEW emails that come in?

I OBSESSIVELY label and filter everything so i only have a couple emails in my inbox but i was wondering if this was strictly new emails or can i get older emails pushed to my device?

Thanks!
    01-05-09 06:45 PM
    My understanding of push email is that any emails that go to my gmail account get pushed to my device, correct? You guys are talking about having inboxes of emails in the thousands, so do those emails already in your inbox when you set up your device get pushed to your berry once you set it up or is it understood that push is any NEW emails that come in?
    only new emails after you set up BIS+Gmail get pushed. Existing emails in your inbox don't get pushed.
    01-05-09 06:51 PM
    To the best of my knowledge theres no 2 way reconcile.
    How does RIM justify such a feature gap? This is supposed to be THE mobile device for email. My Treo 700W I got 2.5 years ago handled IMAP just fine.
    01-06-09 12:37 AM
    My Gmail is working fine now. I ended up calling *288 (Verizon) to update my roaming capabilities, and now the emails come to my phone instantly.
    01-09-09 06:43 PM
    My Gmail is working fine now. I ended up calling *288 (Verizon) to update my roaming capabilities, and now the emails come to my phone instantly.
    Think you mean *228.. also when you say instantly..Are you using IMAP? What happens when you delete an email using the gmail website? Does your phone show those same emails as deleted?
    01-12-09 04:54 PM
    I have a working IMAP connection to Gmail that I set up some time ago and have noticed the reconcile issues others mention here and have gone to using the Gmail client on my 8830 instead. I did discover today that apparently you can no longer set up IMAP with Gmail. I tried to add another Gmail account that reconciling would not be an issue for me and BB BIS did not give me the choice to POP or IMAP it just went ahead and did POP. Has anyone else noticed this or am I missing something?
    01-12-09 10:00 PM
    I have a working IMAP connection to Gmail that I set up some time ago and have noticed the reconcile issues others mention here and have gone to using the Gmail client on my 8830 instead. I did discover today that apparently you can no longer set up IMAP with Gmail. I tried to add another Gmail account that reconciling would not be an issue for me and BB BIS did not give me the choice to POP or IMAP it just went ahead and did POP. Has anyone else noticed this or am I missing something?
    yeh.. Verizon changed the page layout when accessing the mail setup on your phone.. If you log into your BIS account from internet explorer you can still set up IMAP.
    01-19-09 10:48 AM
    i have my gmail set up so that everytime i delete an email from my phone, it prompts me if i want to delete it

* on mailbox & handheld
    or
    * on handheld

and i love it cause i decide what i want deleted from the phone but saved on gmail so that i can go in later and archive is appropriately!
    01-19-09 10:58 AM
    and how to do this is..
    while in your email list,
    bb button > options > email reconciliation..
    where is says 'delete on'.. change the drop down menu to 'prompt' and save!
    01-19-09 11:00 AM
    I use IMAP with GMAIL and have noticed it will delete immediately if you delete from the device but it will take possibly 6 HOURS to sync if you delete from the web client. My biggest gripe is the 15 minute delay with receiving new messages over IMAP. I am considering switching to yahoo since their IMAP service reportedly works flawless.. I just submitted a comment to the GMAIL team. I encourage others to do the same.

Help Center

I used the "Other" dropdown.
    I've got Gmail IMAP and my reciept is instantaneous (i tested it multiple times)
    02-07-09 01:14 AM
    I've got Gmail IMAP and my reciept is instantaneous (i tested it multiple times)

Could this be a Storm unique issue?
    I have the Gmail Notifier on my laptop and I always see a new message come in on that first and then 5-15 minutes later I get it on my BB.

I am guessing there is some push interval from gmail that occurs every X minutes and it just depends how close the new message is to that event which determines how fast I will get the message.

Try to delete an email from your PC gmail account and see how long it takes to delete it on your BB.
    02-07-09 07:46 AM
    Could this be a Storm unique issue?
    I have the Gmail Notifier on my laptop and I always see a new message come in on that first and then 5-15 minutes later I get it on my BB.

I am guessing there is some push interval from gmail that occurs every X minutes and it just depends how close the new message is to that event which determines how fast I will get the message.

Try to delete an email from your PC gmail account and see how long it takes to delete it on your BB.
    Push does not occur "every X minutes" -- push is instant, that's the whole point of it.
    02-07-09 10:40 AM
    I just set up the IMAP for Gmail today. It works. As soon as I read a new message on my BB, it opened up Gmail on my computer and the message was marked as read. Very cool!! If only my school email could do this!
    -Cyrus
    02-07-09 11:13 AM
    I just set up the IMAP for Gmail today. It works. As soon as I read a new message on my BB, it opened up Gmail on my computer and the message was marked as read. Very cool!! If only my school email could do this!
    -Cyrus

i just tried this.... have gmail open on my laptop and email open on bb and i read it on bb and it doesnt show read on laptop... never has done this.. or vice versa..

i have noticed, though, that i get a new email to my bb before it shows up on my gmail account while signed in to gmail on my laptop.
    02-07-09 01:35 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD