Hey guys,

I got a BB Storm from Telus and I'm spending my holiday season in San Diego. Is there anyways that a rep out there can hook me up with my unlock code?

I spent 4 hours this morning trying to get a rep to crack, but no luck!

PM me please, I'll send you my serial number s hit

Happy Holidays,
    Andrew

No opinions please, just straight help.
    12-21-08 04:59 PM
    im having the same problem. i went to the telus corporate store and they said if i have anything but amazing credit/declined within the last 6 months i wont get it...i dont know if she understood what i was talking about but if this is the case they can shove it. its my phone just give me the code
    12-21-08 11:26 PM
    I haven't tried it, but found this
    Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card> turn device sideways>enter mep2
    12-22-08 02:14 AM
    Best way to get the code is talk to a global CS rep or something like that. Tell them you are going to Europe for like a month and you need the code so you can roam on a GSM site (on a family members Europe plan) etc.. sweet talk them
    12-22-08 09:53 PM
    ok i called telus to unlock the phone personally. I also went to my telus shop and had my rep call in for me. Got the same answer twice 2 weeks appart. Can someone confirm this?

I was told that if i put in a GSM card from a pay as you go plan in cayman islands, i just have to set my phone to GSM in the network settings. Once in cayman with the card in it will ask for a code. The code is 9999. Once entered it will work.....

Anyone else get this answer? Does this mean telus phones are already unlocked ?!?
    12-23-08 09:18 AM
    yea i tried this myself and they wouldn't provide it for whatever reason.
    12-24-08 12:55 PM
    They probably not letting you do this so you dont take it and activate it on Rogers thus keeping it Telus only product for launch.
    12-25-08 05:24 PM
    They probably not letting you do this so you dont take it and activate it on Rogers thus keeping it Telus only product for launch.

Only way to get a phone is with a 3 year contract. why would they care that you go to rogers?!?!?! your already locked in for 3 years with them!
    12-25-08 05:57 PM
    guys,

the technology in the phone will only work on non-north american GSM networks so there's no way you can use it on rogers.
    12-25-08 07:13 PM
    rogers is in north america. also thats not true, its quad band so it will actually work anywhere

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 07:25 PM
    ....really. Hmmm...cause I thought the the storm was under the same technology as the WE meaning it won't work on north american networks....
    12-25-08 07:34 PM
    ....really. Hmmm...cause I thought the the storm was under the same technology as the WE meaning it won't work on north american networks....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

Works with Rogers fine, just no 3G data, only EDGE.
    12-25-08 11:49 PM
    Only way to get a phone is with a 3 year contract. why would they care that you go to rogers?!?!?! your already locked in for 3 years with them!
    Well FYI, tons of storms have been sold straight up for 599. It depends on the store you buy it from. They shouldn't be though, its a case by case basis.

And yes you can use it on Rogers and yes you can use the WE on Rogers if you wanted to.
    12-26-08 12:27 AM
    oh...whoa didn't know that....but hey if its only edge....well what the **** is this nonsense i've been hearing that the WE and the storm only work on non-north american gsm networks...
    12-26-08 01:00 AM
    Well FYI, tons of storms have been sold straight up for 599. It depends on the store you buy it from. They shouldn't be though, its a case by case basis.

And yes you can use it on Rogers and yes you can use the WE on Rogers if you wanted to.
    Fair enough. However when you call telus they look up your file. They can see who is on a contract and who isnt. Giving the code to contracted member should not be an issue.
    12-26-08 08:57 AM
    This is true.
    12-26-08 08:44 PM
    Just to let you know the Blackberry STORM is unlocked and can be used overseas with a foriegn carrier SIM , just is locked on the GSM portion to Rogers/Fido. And the Telus Reps dont have acess to the GSM unlock codes, just the CDMA subsidy codes, how can i tell ?? you may ask because i am a telus rep.
    12-30-08 12:22 AM
    Just to let you know the Blackberry STORM is unlocked and can be used overseas with a foriegn carrier SIM , just is locked on the GSM portion to Rogers/Fido. And the Telus Reps dont have acess to the GSM unlock codes, just the CDMA subsidy codes, how can i tell ?? you may ask because i am a telus rep.
    good answer Maxxb
    01-09-09 08:52 PM
    I am in mexico right now with my storm from telus Which was a "worldphone" and sim card did not work!
    01-13-09 10:03 PM
    well dang it, did you get it "unlocked"?
    01-14-09 12:21 AM
    well dang it, did you get it "unlocked"?

Has anyone unlocked a telus storm?
    01-15-09 09:32 PM
    It doesn't make sense. I had used 8830 world phone in m
    ost countries out side north america and it worked just fine with local gsm sim. Now you guys are making me worried that storm might not work? One other difference that might be that there is difference between north american and rest of the world gsm frequency, like 850 and 800MHZ. That might be the reason that storm didn't work in Mexico?

Last edited by sidhuk; 01-23-09 at 09:17 AM.
    01-23-09 09:15 AM
    has anyone tried to put in a US sim card yet? or is the telus storm locked on NA ?
    02-03-09 10:24 AM
    I could b e wrong but I believe that the telus storm is CDMA and it doesn't use a SIM card.

02-03-09 07:32 PM
    You know we should all set a date sometime in the future and just keep calling Telus support bugging them to unlock our phones if they don't do it we keep calling back till we overload their systems and their reps... they will have to give in at some point with all these unhappy customers I do believe they pride themselves on having great customer service.... Maybe a million bad reviews on how they scammed us by selling us a world phone that they won't allow us to unlock and use as a world phone =)

Not to mention even if your on a 3 yr contract the most they can charge to void the contract is $100 bucks or so remember seeing that in the contract, that is the equivalent of one month bill for me... sure they wouldn't want to lose all those clients... and future profits, especially in an economic downturn and with Rogers gaining ground fast...

We gotta hit em where it hurts.. in their bottom line.

Just a thought... haha
    02-04-09 10:19 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD