I love my Storm, but I am having a few problems that I dont know if I should just wait for software upgrades or get a replacement. Mine was delivered on December 8, the screen clicks perfect. My problem is the phone freezes up several times a day, requiring a battery pull to get it working. This will happen just doing normal stuff like sending text messages or making a call, and I keep all applications closed when Im not using them. Is this something that will eventually be corrected or is it a problem with my device?

Also, I will randomly get a message at the top of the home screen saying SIM Card Rejected or it will not let me send MMS (wont even have the option to send MMS). The only way I have found to fix this is a battery pull.
    12-21-08 04:36 AM
    Get a replacement.
    12-21-08 04:46 AM
    I bought the Storm the day it came out. It did the same thing yours did but seemed to work its way out. I then ran into the problem of the touchscreen not clicking. I ordered a replacement before I read how to loosen the torque screws. I got the new phone and it 100% better. The first phones were rushed out and not up to par. Don't hesitate to get a replacement!!!!
    12-21-08 05:14 AM
    Try a wipe and update firmware...if that makes no diff, then replace.
    12-21-08 05:54 AM
    I have already done a wipe. First I did a wipe and upgraded to the official update, then yesterday I did a wipe and upgraded to the leaked .83. Had the exact same problems with both updates. I was hoping the updates would fix the problem because Ive heard so many talk about the clicking problem and didnt want to get a replacement with that problem, but it looks like I will have to take that chance.
    12-21-08 06:19 AM
    to fix the sim card rejected...go to manage connections- mobile network options-then change network technology to 1XEV instead of global. bc if you leave cdma coverage the phone tries to find gsm coverage. do this and you will never see sim card rejected anymore... just remember if you leave the country to change it to global before you leave
    12-21-08 06:33 AM
    I already have it set to 1XEV but I still randomly will get SIM Card Rejected. This isnt as frequent as some of the other problems I have been having. I only see this about every couple days. A battery pull and I dont see it again for a few days.
    12-21-08 06:39 AM
    Also try to go a couple of days without third part apps (if you have any) and see if that is any help on the freezing problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 06:47 AM
    the problems you're having aren't 'normal' (i.e. bugs everyone is experiencing), so you might as well get it replaced. when you call verizon, go directly to technical support (don't bother with regular customer service). ask the tech to overnight you a replacement.

btw, it pays to be friendly - they can send as fast as priority overnight (delivered by 10am next business day) or as slow as standard 2 day (delivered by 7pm in 2 business days), so might as well be nice and ask them to get your replacement to you faster!
    Last edited by changal; 12-21-08 at 07:12 AM.
    12-21-08 07:01 AM
    Thanks for all the help. I just got off the phone with Verizon and my replacement will be here by Tuesday. He said that is definately a hardware issue, not software.

Now my next questions. I currently have Ghost Armor installed. Im assuming I have to remove it before I return the phone? Also, I have .83 installed. Do I need to do another wipe and install .75 before shipping it back?

Again, thanks for all the help.
    12-21-08 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD