So before I begin let me say I am a huge fan of the Storm. I have only posted a couple times before but you will see my last review of the storm was glowing. I only have a few things that bother me on a daily basis which I plan to post on blackberry's forums and hope they get some resolution soon.

Last remaining issues:

1) Phone Keypad Popping up before I get to select which number to dial from address book. Basically when I select a person from my address book and then it asks me to select "work, mobile, home, etc... " it pops up the phone keypad before I can select it.

2) Video Camera will sometimes not save a "playable" file when I stop recording. The file will be saved but the media player says unsupported format.

3) Visual Voicemail --- Constantly asks for permission to access different modules. I have tried allowing all permissions and selecting "do not ask me again" without any resolution.

4) Verizon Navigator --- I think the program is great and it does it job. The issue I have is after I exit the program it will randomly start back up on its own. I have to close it twice sometimes three times before it decides to not come back.

Please let me know if anyone else is having these issues? I'm going to try opening some tickets as well on these things.
    12-20-08 08:47 PM
    I don't have any of the first two problems and I can't comment on three and four because I don't have those features on the GSM Storm 9500.
    12-20-08 08:50 PM
    I have the video cam issue with .83 seems to work.
    12-20-08 08:54 PM
    I too have problems with the KYBD popping up at the wrong time. In my case, I have defined my left side button to evoke/dismiss the KYBD and so I'm just one click away from getting or dismissing it. Also, I have my left most green key set to open my contacts list as I get ready to make a call. If I need a KYBD, I can either hit the screen icon or the left side button. Finally, I am getting better at VOICE DIALING. When Vlingo support comes to the Storm, it will blow people away !
    12-20-08 10:27 PM
    I too have problems with the KYBD popping up at the wrong time. In my case, I have defined my left side button to evoke/dismiss the KYBD and so I'm just one click away from getting or dismissing it. Also, I have my left most green key set to open my contacts list as I get ready to make a call. If I need a KYBD, I can either hit the screen icon or the left side button. Finally, I am getting better at VOICE DIALING. When Vlingo support comes to the Storm, it will blow people away !
    you can download vlingo...it works.

now i just need it to not interpret "hey jim, want to grab coffee?" as "tim, want to brag about ham?"
    12-20-08 10:46 PM
    Text editing! Arrrgh! Otherwise this phone is bee's knees.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 10:52 PM
    I am also having the same issue with VZ Navigator. I close it and then when I take my phone out the holster its up and running again. I have to close it like 3 or 4 times as well.
    12-21-08 12:29 AM
    I am also having the same issue with VZ Navigator. I close it and then when I take my phone out the holster its up and running again. I have to close it like 3 or 4 times as well.
    Me too! My friend told me I was crazy and then it started happening to him as well. Anyone else?
    12-30-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD