I know Gmail tasks is brand new and just came out last week but I was wondering if there was a way that gmail tasks could sync with blackberry task manager. I know this works with Remember The Milk but I would much rather have it sync with Gmail Tasks instead. It would be an excellent add on for google if they could accomplish this. (Unless its already possible) Any help would be appreciated. Its annoying to write my tasks in my bb and then rewrite them in my gmail tasks as well.
    12-19-08 08:20 PM
    They just added Alarm to the latest Google Sync release, so I'd not be surprised if they plan to add even more features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 08:22 PM
    What is the alarm function for?
    12-19-08 10:58 PM
    That would be cool! I love that they added Tasks. Google is slowing taking over my life, and I'm ok with it! Now if only there was a decent way to sync my contacts with BB.......
    12-19-08 11:34 PM
    Google Sync will sync your contacts from gmail to ur blackberry.
    12-19-08 11:58 PM
    Google Sync will sync your contacts from gmail to ur blackberry.
    lol you read my post too quickly sadelb. I said DECENT...

WAY too many people having problems with this app to foul up my contacts list. I'm not even giving it a try. I decided to try Conjola thinking it would be cool, what harm could it do? It destroyed my contacts list on both ends!
    12-20-08 12:02 AM
    lol you read my post too quickly sadelb. I said DECENT...

WAY too many people having problems with this app to foul up my contacts list. I'm not even giving it a try. I decided to try Conjola thinking it would be cool, what harm could it do? It destroyed my contacts list on both ends!
    oh yeah lol sorry about that.. I am trying to figure out the perfect solution to syncing everything with my blackberry. I am a google guy.. calendar, photos, contacts, reader, tasks etc.... Did the update help a little more with the contact sync?
    12-20-08 12:06 AM
    I'm a google guy too. But so far I'm only comfortable using email and calendar to the BB. Word is, the update helped a little, but I'm still not convinced.

There's too many problems with the process of syncing Contacts. Like what to do with the "other" fields, contacts with pictures associated. Last name/first name. Birthday field in BB/not in Google. It's messy. I wish there was a better way!
    12-20-08 12:08 AM
    I'm a google guy too. But so far I'm only comfortable using email and calendar to the BB. Word is, the update helped a little, but I'm still not convinced.

There's too many problems with the process of syncing Contacts. Like what to do with the "other" fields, contacts with pictures associated. Last name/first name. Birthday field in BB/not in Google. It's messy. I wish there was a better way!
    Yeah I must say, for a multi billion dollar company I cant believe they dont have perfect syncing of every aspect between blackberries and google applications. This should be a no brainer for them. Especially with the fact that blackberries are pretty much the main phone in the business world. Granted I am no programmer or computer engineer but c'mon google this shouldn't be so difficult. Especially when you have an unlimited checkbook.
    12-20-08 12:12 AM
    The problem with contacts in Google Sync was caused by a bad pointer exception if you were using OS 4.5. They fixed that in 0.5.12, and the new version is 0.5.13. I waited until then to try contacts, for the very reason you cite, but by then they had fixed it and all went well for me. Of course I backed up my contacts, first.
    Last edited by Spinny; 12-20-08 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Speeling iz gud
    12-20-08 08:45 AM
    That would be cool! I love that they added Tasks. Google is slowing taking over my life, and I'm ok with it! Now if only there was a decent way to sync my contacts with BB.......
    Sorry if my post was unclear, they haven't added task (yet); I'm just opining they probably will. Thus far you can only sync calendar, contacts and alarms.

Oh, and the contacts and alarms sync features can be turned off simply by clicking a check box. I kept contacts unchecked for a long time until I was sure they'd fixed it.
    12-20-08 09:54 AM
    People are posting about adding gmail tasks to blackberries all over the google help forums. I'm hoping the programmers there read them and are working on it now... Remember the Milk has this function
    12-20-08 02:34 PM
    Contacts sync really week for me. I would love tasks too!

12-21-08 04:38 AM
    Sorry I meant really well. Ha.

12-21-08 04:39 AM
    Google has totally fixed the sync with contacts. Its excellent now.

12-22-08 12:30 AM
    Google is slowly taking over my life and I want to use MSFT less and less now. So far, I let google sync handle my contacts and calender...but I'm just waiting for it to synchronize tasks...then I can completely let go of Outlook!
    01-11-09 11:20 AM
    I was wondering the alarm sync, what does it sync in with google????
    01-11-09 05:05 PM
    Bumping this thread, I am wondering if there is an update to Google Task syncing?
    07-16-09 02:55 AM
    Not yet but Google Tasks just got out of the lab days ago so maybe we'll see syncing soon. But then again you never know with Google. They're so inconsistent across their product lines.

07-16-09 05:37 AM
    For those using google sync for contacts (I've been using it for calendar sync for a while now) what fields don't sync?

Is it best to sync the first time from BB to google contacts?

Edit: forgot to ask - is sync for contacts 2-way?
    Last edited by whsbuss; 07-18-09 at 07:02 PM.
    07-18-09 06:59 PM
    For those using google sync for contacts (I've been using it for calendar sync for a while now) what fields don't sync?

Is it best to sync the first time from BB to google contacts?

Edit: forgot to ask - is sync for contacts 2-way?
    Yeah, its 2 way. I find u will have almost no probs w sync if u start w contacts all on bb and Google empty. 1 point of origin is the key for the first sync. Also then u will see the correct google format to make sure correct fields for addr populate on bb when adding more contacts via desktop.

07-18-09 08:24 PM
    I started with all my contacts on BB, synced to Google, then took an hour or so to clean them all up and make them uniform on Google. I'm extremely anal about formatting, etc. though. Most people can probably skip that step. I've not had a problem with Google sync since the version that came out in December of last year. It syncs daily without a single flaw that I've noticed.

I too would love to see tasks sync. I don't know why Google struggles with that so badly. They added tasks to GMail instead of GCal for some idiotic reason, and IMHO it's still a lame duck. I'd love to see it work the way tasks show up in Apple's iCal for example, and sync to the BB's task list as well as calendars and contacts do.
    07-19-09 03:32 AM
    Thanks for the replies.
    07-19-09 05:46 AM
    I have played around with Google sync for a while. I had it set up to where My BB and Google were automatically syncing contacts and calendar, and at the same time i was running Google Calendar Sync on my desktop for automatically syncing Outlook with Google. On top of that i had my BB syncing directly to Outlook (yes i know its overkill, but i am anal about having all three being a perfect match so i can access my info from anywhere at any time). In the end i think that if someone can come up with a way to keep ALL fields (calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks) in sync with ONE app from my BB and Google i would walk away from Outlook. The reason i ditched the google sync method is because i hate having half my information in sync and manually managing the other half. as of right now outlook to BB is the best way i have found to keep everything organized. I will look into a third party app that will sync outlook to google.
    07-20-09 09:06 AM
    I installed the Google Calendar sync app hoping to sync what is already on my BB calendar to a new Google calendar (I never used to use it, but I hate Outlook). After the sync, it seems to only go Google --> BB, but not BB --> Google. I hope this makes sense... Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
    08-13-09 05:48 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD