I downloaded PocketMac and the driver update for the Storm, but when I plug my Storm into my laptop via USB, my computer won't even recognize it. It doesn't show up on my desktop. Why doesn't it show up and how can I get it to?

Thanks!
    12-19-08 12:10 PM
    I know that with some of the latest MBs / BBs, you have to have Mass Storage Mode turned on.

(Options -> Memory : then make sure that "Mass Storage Mode Support" is set to "On", and "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" is either set to "Yes" or "Prompt". If you set it to "Prompt", make sure you answer "Yes" to the popup you'll get when you connect it via USB.)

Hopefully this helps.

FWIW, I'm using the latest model MBPro (Oct 2008 unibody) and a Storm just updated this morning to OS 4.7.0.83, and my connections and syncing are working properly. When I connect via USB, both the BB's internal memory and the media card are shown as mounted volumes on the MBPro.

For syncing, I use Missing Sync for Blackberry, mainly because I find it to be a superior product to PocketMac.
    Last edited by swangner; 12-19-08 at 03:32 PM.
    12-19-08 03:30 PM
    I have a MBP (the model just before the unibody) hooked up to 24in monitor display and a wired keyboard. My USB ports on the MBP are occupied with my flat screen monitor and my time capsule. Does anyone know if I can use on of the two USB ports on my wired keyboard for the Storm I should be getting soon, or do I have to plug directly into the MBP? Thanks.
    12-21-08 10:30 AM
    MAke sure mass storage is turned on the BB... Same thing happened to me..
    12-21-08 03:16 PM
    I have a MBP (the model just before the unibody) hooked up to 24in monitor display and a wired keyboard. My USB ports on the MBP are occupied with my flat screen monitor and my time capsule. Does anyone know if I can use on of the two USB ports on my wired keyboard for the Storm I should be getting soon, or do I have to plug directly into the MBP? Thanks.
    You should be able to use the keyboard USB's for syncing.
    12-31-08 11:58 AM
    I recently upgraded my 8300's OS to 4.5. Everything went great. However, I now see that my iMac will not recognize my 8300's media card with the keyboard usb port. In the past, I first got a message displayed on my berry that said "insuffient power ...." and I would hit the key to the right of the trackball to clear, then I would get the "enable mass storage prompt". I'd click YES and the drive would mount on my desktop. Now, when I use the same port, I get four cascading warnings on my iMac that there is insufficient power and the mass storage is not recognized, so no disk mounts. When I connect through a powered port, the media card mounts.

Any thoughts on what changed or what I should try so I can go back to the keyboard port?
    01-10-09 07:46 PM
    so i just spent an hour talking with a VZW representative and we figured it out, kind of, =p . so basically the Pocketmac still has a lot of bugs with it. i couldn't get it to recognize my Blackberry. But we did manage to find a fix for me:

IM USING A Macbook Pro. 2.3 ghz.

Basically I'm not using my BB for anything businesslike so I just want to use it for the Media Experience =]

go to

(Options -> Memory : then make sure that "Mass Storage Mode Support" and "Media Card Support" is set to "On", and "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" is set to "Prompt".)

Connect to your computer.

NOW THIS IS WHERE IT GETS ANNOYING.

IF YOU WANT TO ADD MUSIC, pictures, video, anything media based, CLICK YES ON THE PROMPT! Pocketmac still won't recognize it but at least your computer will. on the desktop should be a driver called Blackberry 1 if you don't have a media card present and/or Blackberry 2 if you do. Both options will show up if you do have a media card present. From there open the driver on your desktop called 'Blackberry 2' then click on the folder Blackberry. you should see multiple folders such as Music, Documents,...etc. You should be able to drag and drop the files you want to the specified folder.

IF YOU WANT TO BACK UP YOUR BLACKBERRY ON POCKETMAC, CLICK NO ON THE PROMPT. THE COMPUTER WON'T RECOGNIZE THE BB BUT POCKETMAC WILL. pretty weird i must say. There probably is an easier way to do this, but for night now, VZW has no external resources about Pocketmac.

This is my first post on Blackberry. Sorry if it sucked =p
    01-15-09 05:50 PM
    If you just need the music part... Just d/l the BB media sync...
    01-15-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD