Hands down... Locking the phone actually locks the phone where no other button wakes it up.

Love it!!!

What else did you like
    12-19-08 10:14 AM
    Faster browser and better overall performance for me.
    12-19-08 10:16 AM
    Faster browser is ace. The update overall is great.
    12-19-08 10:24 AM
    Camera improvement and in my short Time with the phone keyboard works better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 10:25 AM
    Camera improvement and in my short Time with the phone keyboard works better.

Keyboard is definitely better.
    12-19-08 10:26 AM
    I like the new pretty display messages...I cant quite tell how they got chanced, but they never stood out before, and now they look so pretty
    12-19-08 10:40 AM
    everything overall is quicker......
    12-19-08 10:42 AM
    how about when you are on call, does the screen turn off or does it still stay on?
    12-19-08 10:51 AM
    Keyboard, browser and camera much better actually keeps up with my typing....hi5!!
    12-19-08 11:05 AM
    how about when you are on call, does the screen turn off or does it still stay on?
    im curious about this, too....
    12-19-08 11:18 AM
    the camera has almost zero lag, pictures come out better since there isnt that 4 sec lag after the flash! that is define. my fav. I also noticed that the memory leak issue was gone. I got 3 apps running at 42 meg
    12-19-08 11:21 AM
    The faster browser. Pages load so much faster now.
    12-19-08 11:22 AM
    well the new leak update definitely got the pavlov dog effect the question is; are these reports true or is this just the placebo effect.
    12-19-08 11:29 AM
    well the new leak update definitely got the pavlov dog effect the question is; are these reports true or is this just the placebo effect.
    I cannot see any other major improvment other then my memory staying above 42, before it was always in the high 20's. So that is for certain a fact. Also when i took a picture before the screen would flash to white and pause before the photo was done(3-4 sec lag). It doesnt do that now, and is quite obvious.
    12-19-08 11:33 AM
    They're true. The browser is much faster. The camera is a bit faster but still not perfect.

Video camera works without me having to go into the Application folder and running it from there.

Scrolling through pictures is far more fluid. I never noticed much change between .75 and .76 but this is a worthy update. I highly recommend it.
    12-19-08 11:34 AM
    ok, i guess the next question is, how long until the next authorized update?

also, when i did the last update, I had to re-enter my BES code, kinda sucked cause my admin is slow to respond.
    12-19-08 11:37 AM
    HAHAHHAHAH....best post all day.

Pavlovian Dog Experiment: Ring a bell right before you serve a dog it's food. This occurs everytime the dog is served food over a course of a few weeks. Operant Conditioning sets in and the dog begins to salivate right when you ring the bell even when there is no food around at all. It's conditioned to associate the bell sound with food and thinks that food is coming because of the sound. ...what does that have to do with the placebo effect?
    12-19-08 11:48 AM
    Favorite change would easily be the speed of switching from potrait to landscape and back again my phone acts like its a new phone

12-19-08 11:49 AM

Pavlovian Dog Experiment: Ring a bell right before you serve a dog it's food. This occurs everytime the dog is served food over a course of a few weeks. Operant Conditioning sets in and the dog begins to salivate right when you ring the bell even when there is no food around at all. It's conditioned to associate the bell sound with food and thinks that food is coming because of the sound. ...what does that have to do with the placebo effect?
    just saying people jumped on the leak, and curious if the leak actually fixed things or its like .76 no real difference.
    12-19-08 11:56 AM
    The best thing for me about .83? All the ID10Ts who screamed how their Storm sucked and returned them. No technology that hits its release date is 100%.

12-19-08 11:57 AM
    just saying people jumped on the leak, and curious if the leak actually fixed things or its like .76 no real difference.
    Probably a little bit of both...

I don't notice the browser being any faster (it is just as slow as ever.)

However, there is definitely a HUGE improvement in the camera speed. It is now taking only a second or two to take a picture, which is still a little slow... but it was easily 4-6 seconds before.
    12-19-08 11:59 AM
    No technology that hits its release date is 100%.

I just like that by never issuing a release date, vzw and we can all claim that the Storm hit its release date -- let's hear it for "COMING SOON"
    12-19-08 12:16 PM

hes saying that we all salivated at the new leak even though there was no substantial upgrade, just we think its there...same with the placebo effect...we are getting the upgrade and associating perceived upgrades to our phone when nothing is there
    12-19-08 12:22 PM
    I like that my music is finally Loud! and stable. The loud feature works now and the camera is much better!
    12-19-08 12:32 PM
    Will this ever be out for a wireless update? thanks
    12-19-08 12:33 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD