BB10 users: If you missed updating BlackBerry World before May 30th and it's no longer working for you; here is an easy, straight forward method to get your BBW up and running again.
    This will also get BBW to work if you've needed to wipe your device for some reason.
    Note that this will only work on OS version 10.3.1.xxxx and above, if you're still on an older version you might need to update your OS with an autoloader if possible.

This method will be using Darcy's BlackBerry Tools (DBBT) for Windows, or Sachesi for Mac. You can also sideload using a Chrome extension, see TechOdyssys' video below if you prefer a visual guide.

You will need;

• Your BB10 device (running 10.3.1 or higher).
    • A computer.
    • A USB cable to connect your device to your computer.

You will also need to install the BB10 drivers if you don't already have them installed. Note that you do NOT have to install Blend or Link, just the drivers.
    Drivers for Windows

Drivers for Mac

1) First, you will need to download, unzip, and install DBBT to your PC, or Sachesi on your Mac (thanks to @TrumpetTiger for hosting the files).

DBBT for Windows

Sachesi for Mac

2) Once you have that completed, you will need to download the updated .bar file of BlackBerry World. You will want to put it on your desktop.

3) Once you have the correct program downloaded and installed for your computer, you can go ahead and open it.

For Windows

Verify that DBBT has recognized and is connected to your device in the bottom left hand corner. If you have a password on your device, you will be asked to enter it in order to proceed.
    Once you're connected, simply drag and drop the previously downloaded BBW patch from your desktop into the open DBBT window.

For Mac

Verify that Sachesi has recognized and is connected to your device by clicking on the device tab. Your device info should be displayed under the Device tab if connected. Once connected, go to the 'Install' tab and simply drag and drop the previously downloaded BlackBerry World .BAR file into the window.

Wait for the installation process to complete and you should be good to go!
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ben xfg; 06-03-20 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Reconstruction and cleanup.
    conite, guizmox, Ragbert and 6 others like this.
    05-31-20 10:44 AM
    Thanks Ben.

You can also get DBBT from Darcy's original source that he is still hosting:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zpo2i86dg...1.0.1.rar?dl=0

Here are the BB10 USB drivers if you don't already have them installed (you DO NOT need to install Link and Blend - just the drivers):

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...5C7D7B210455DE
    dpgo likes this.
    05-31-20 10:53 AM
    Thanks Ben.

You can also get DBBT from Darcy's original source that he is still hosting:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zpo2i86dg...1.0.1.rar?dl=0

Here are the BB10 USB drivers if you don't already have them installed (you DO NOT need to install Link and Blend - just the drivers):

Great, thanks. How could I forget.
    Will update the post to reflect the drivers.

Posted via CB10
    dianewolf69 likes this.
    05-31-20 11:51 AM
    Thank you! I had tried the instructions from the BlackBerry website and even though Developer mode was on with the correct IP address, I still got an error using their tool. I tried everything I could think of on this end, disabled my AV, disabled my firewall... no change. So I figured I'd have to sideload this the Sachesi or Darcy way. Since my relatively new laptop didn't yet have any sideloading BB tools on it, and having been used to many years happily using Sachesi, I decided to install Darcy's Tools, just to try it out. Worked perfectly! I didn't have to do anything to adjust Windows 10 either - and I'm thrilled I didn't have to install BB Link!

Thanks again, Ben, conite, TrumpetTiger, and to everyone who keeps hosting files and posting clear instructions.

BB10 users: If you missed updating BBW before May 30th and it's no longer working for you; here is an easy, straight forward method to get your BlackBerry World up and running again.
    This will also get BBW to work again if you've needed to wipe your device for some reason.
    Note that this will only work on OS version 10.3.1.xxxx and above, if you're still on an older version you might need to update your OS with an autoloader if possible.

This method will be using Darcy's BlackBerry Tools (DBBT), but there are also other ways to sideload .bar files such as with a Chrome extension or Sachesi. I find DBBT to be probably the easiest and most hassle free method.

You will need;

• Your BB10 device (running 10.3.1 or higher).
    • A computer.
    • A USB cable to connect your device to your computer.

You will also need to install the BB10 drivers if you don't already have them installed. Note that you do NOT have to install Blend or Link, just the drivers.

Drivers for Windows:

Drivers for Mac:
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...844B474D04114F

First, you will need to download, unzip, and install DBBT to your computer (thanks to @TrumpetTiger for hosting the DBBT files).

Link to DBBT for Windows:
    https://mega.nz/#!RlZXQADZ!DtfI0LT6h...ZIMF7F0hG9Nido

Link to DBBT for Mac:
    https://mega.nz/#!I4xXGJ4b!K1Nz70Nyc..._YaqqkI_kGOh5I

Once you have that completed, you will need to download the updated .bar file of BlackBerry World. You will want to put it on your desktop as well.

Link for BBW patch:
    https://mega.nz/file/Cb5BgI7C#CHqlTr...1wp9Hyiu6VvyBo

Now, plug in your device to your computer and open DBBT.

Verify that DBBT has recognized and is connected to your device in the bottom left hand corner. If you have a password on your device, you will be asked to enter it in order to proceed.

Once you're connected, simply drag and drop the previously downloaded BBW patch from your desktop into the open DBBT window. Wait for the installation process to complete and you should be good to go!
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    dianewolf69 likes this.
    05-31-20 04:51 PM
    Not a plug for my channel at all but I made a video to help people get BBW fixed on their phones. I used a chrome extension for sideloading the .BAR file though

Hope it helps.
    05-31-20 05:57 PM
    Hi Adam, loved this! Just watched your video, followed it and updated my Motion. Thanks!
    Adam Matlock likes this.
    06-01-20 01:15 AM
    thanks TechOdyssey!

Posted via CB10
    Adam Matlock likes this.
    06-01-20 02:02 AM
    Pheww..Done. It saved my day. Thanks a lot.

[Fix] BB10 BlackBerry World No Network Connection Issue.-annotation-2020-06-01-164032.png
    dianewolf69 likes this.
    06-01-20 03:44 AM
    Not a plug for my channel at all but I made a video to help people get BBW fixed on their phones. I used a chrome extension for sideloading the .BAR file though

Hope it helps.
    While I didn’t need since I had conite’s help, this demonstrates what CrackBerry has always been about for me. Thanks Adam for all the effort for the CrackBerry forum here
    06-01-20 06:04 AM
    Thanks Adam
    dianewolf69 and Adam Matlock like this.
    06-01-20 07:36 AM

Hope it helps.
    Definitely helpful for folks preferring a visual, thanks.
    Adam Matlock and dianewolf69 like this.
    06-01-20 07:38 AM

Hope it helps.
    I've had that PlayBook extension part of Chrome.... going back to the days of the PlayBook. It's just there and easy to use.

Thanks for the video.
    06-01-20 07:50 AM
    That's a long time! Lol. I had to go back to my old sideloading roots and pull this one out of the closest. Glad it all still works.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-01-20 12:41 PM
    Nice! I'm also glad to see Ben's instructions and Adam's video in a new blog post by Bla1ze on the CrackBerry website today! That should help a lot of BB10 users who don't read the forums.

Hope it helps.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    06-01-20 03:08 PM
    Thanks for your help, I'm not savvy with computer's, migjt have to get my 11yr old son to do this for me.
    06-01-20 06:13 PM
    Used the video as a guide and the BB10 Playbook App Chrome extension on my Classic. Wow...that was simple! BBW is up and going again. Way to go! Much appreciation!
    06-02-20 12:15 AM
    Darcy"s BB tool will not recognise my device. Help please ?
    06-02-20 04:56 AM
    Was your device just wiped?
    06-02-20 05:58 AM
    Yes , actually.
    06-02-20 06:57 AM
    Yes , actually.
    Have you completed the initial setup yet? The notification that pops up all the time... you have to actually connect to Wi-Fi or cellular in order for it to fully complete.
    06-02-20 07:01 AM
    Yes I had Just restored my BB passport, I had already completed the initial setup, everything was working as it should . I'm thinking I should have checked for several updates to BB World after I did my restore ?
    Last edited by dianewolf69; 06-02-20 at 04:16 PM. Reason: To elaborate
    06-02-20 04:10 PM
    Yes I had Just restored my BB passport, I had already completed the initial setup, everything was working as it should . I'm thinking I should have checked for several updates to BB World after I did my restore ?
    What error message are you getting, or what kind of behaviour are you experiencing with DBBT?
    Have you tried a different USB port or cable?
    06-02-20 08:08 PM
    I have just encountered this problem with BBW and i am so glad to be the part of this Crackberry community! I hope i will resolve it as smooth as you described it, thanks a lot for you engagment! All the best from southern Poland!
    06-03-20 03:24 AM
    Greetings! If you run into any issues, there are many people here who will be happy to help you resolve any issues. Let us know how it goes!

I have just encountered this problem with BBW and i am so glad to be the part of this Crackberry community! I hope i will resolve it as smooth as you described it, thanks a lot for you engagment! All the best from southern Poland!

06-03-20 09:24 AM
    Hi Diane. Make sure your setting for "USB Mass Storage Mode" is OFF. Go to Settings, Network & Connections, USB to check. It has to be off for Darcy's tools to recognise your device as a phone it can connect to.

Ben xfg likes this.
    06-03-20 09:29 AM
99 123 ...