Does anyone else find SurePress to be tiring at all?

i mean, i always see the commercials and it reminds me how cool it is. but sometimes, just sometimes when trying to type long fast emails it gets tiring and i miss regular buttons.

i also wish there was a way to turn off landscape mode completely. unless watching videos, i NEVER use it. SureType is MUCH faster than multi tap on the storm and i dunno i just don't like webpages in landscape mode on the storm, or the iphone.

anyone else agree?
    12-18-08 02:26 PM
    i concur doctor
    12-18-08 02:37 PM
    This is one of the best features of the phone in my opinion....But everyone has their own opinion.
    12-18-08 02:39 PM
    Great for quick texts, but not lengthy emails.
    12-18-08 02:40 PM
    also good for one-handed usage.
    12-18-08 02:47 PM
    I agree. It does get a little tiring for longer messages. I do prefer it though over just a standard capacitative screen though.
    12-18-08 03:08 PM
    i love surepress but I wish they had something in qwerty like the iphone that pops up the letter you are selecting above where your finger is so you can see, this makes things faster as you can actually pick the right button!
    12-18-08 03:27 PM
    I was thinking the very same thing today. Boy are my thumbs tired! lol
    12-18-08 03:28 PM
    yes... its getting old. I was MUCH faster at typing on my pearl. I wish you could just disable it and type like an iphone.

Oh verizon... why didnt you strike the deal with Steve Jobs. Why did you let him go to the worst carrier in the country? WHY?
    12-18-08 04:56 PM
    yes... its getting old. I was MUCH faster at typing on my pearl. I wish you could just disable it and type like an iphone.

Oh verizon... why didnt you strike the deal with Steve Jobs. Why did you let him go to the worst carrier in the country? WHY?
    I think you can disable it in the screen settings, set the other method as default.
    12-18-08 04:57 PM
    i think he meant disable the surepress, which cannot be done as of yet. maybe sometime in the future, someone will develop an app or something.
    12-18-08 06:08 PM
    LMAO! You guys need to eat ur Wheeties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-18-08 06:41 PM
    I personally like the surepress thing, I'm still have to remind myself to lift my finger up before trying to type another button. I do agree that suretype is by far the best thing ever for the keyboard. I do switch to landscape though if I want to type acronyms.
    12-18-08 06:45 PM
    i do like surepress it just gets tiring lol. i do really wish there was a way to turn off landscape mode though.
    12-19-08 04:14 PM
    This is one of the best features of the phone in my opinion....But everyone has their own opinion.

I couldnt agree more.
    12-19-08 04:27 PM
    I love the surepress feature-

I Never ever ever use landscape view to type unless its for a foreign or custom word.

However, My Fingers do get tired...

12-19-08 04:30 PM
    I'm not sure I understand. Are you guys saying it is more tiring using one button type over another? (The Storm button vs. a keyboard buttons?)
    12-19-08 04:31 PM
    I'm not sure I understand. Are you guys saying it is more tiring using one button type over another? (The Storm button vs. a keyboard buttons?)
    I dunno...

Maybe its a mental illusion on my part, but my fingers feel fatigued typing on the Storm.

I never felt this way typing with my Bold/Curve/88xx or even iPhone.
    12-19-08 04:33 PM
    I dunno...

Maybe its a mental illusion on my part, but my fingers feel fatigued typing on the Storm.

I never felt this way typing with my Bold/Curve/88xx or even iPhone.
    This is an interesting phenomenon. My wife has the Storm, so I don't have much experience with it except the occasional fiddling around, so I am curious about this. I wonder if it has anything to do with the weight of the Storm button? It does have a kind of "heavy" feel to it..
    12-19-08 04:41 PM
    this is my 2nd day on my first blackberry and i have to say that surepress keyboard is one of my favorite features of the phone. absolutely love how fast you can type with it. I am way quicker on it than on my old lg env with real keyboard.
    12-19-08 04:43 PM
    I think SurePress is the best thing to happen to touch screen phones!
    12-19-08 05:10 PM
    I find now that is comes second nature, I don't even really think about it. I like it.
    12-19-08 05:27 PM
    ----couldn't have said it better myself
    12-19-08 05:31 PM
    This is an interesting phenomenon. My wife has the Storm, so I don't have much experience with it except the occasional fiddling around, so I am curious about this. I wonder if it has anything to do with the weight of the Storm button? It does have a kind of "heavy" feel to it..
    Take your battery out then the storm is lite

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 05:49 PM
    I think SurePress is the best thing to happen to touch screen phones!
    Agreed. I don't like SurePress as much as a regular keyboard though. I think the difference is that you have to disengage one key before you can engage another. You can't roll across keys or start typing a letter with your right thumb while you are still letting go of another letter with your left. I think that's a big reason why it's easier to type one handed than with the full qwerty too.

That being said, I love SurePress for just about everything else, and I think that SurePress is vastly superior to the iPhone when it comes to the feel of typing. I can't stand typing on the iPhone though, I feel like I want to punch my thumbs through the screen.

My ranking:
    Real QWERTY
    SurePress SureType
    SurePress Qwerty
    Real SureType (smaller keys than on the Storm)

(big gap)

iPhone and other touch screen typing
    12-19-08 05:51 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD