Hi folks! I'm a newbie to your forum but I have a question that the management of my company really, really wants the answer to. Is there a way that you can backup and restore Instant Messenger contacts for user's BB? It can be a Rim solution or a third party app, anything, anything at all! Please help me stay in the ranks of the gainfully employed!!
    12-18-08 12:48 PM
    Yes. a back up and restore does so, you do mean BBM yes?

You can back up the entire device, or choose a database.
    12-18-08 01:04 PM
    Using DM, select backup and restore, then advanced. Under the device databes column, you'll see an enrty for blackberry messenger. You can back up your bbm contacts there, also to restore this database, pull it from the computer databases column.
    12-18-08 03:24 PM
    Ok I backed up my blackberry and wiped it. Now I realize that I cant restore my bbm contacts via the bbm software. For some werid reason the email that i used to back it up now says there is a no bbm thats connected to this email. Which is wrong because I know there this. I did it. So my device is wiped and I would love to get the pins of my friends. I was wondering when you restore data it allows you to select specifix data and settings. But the Blackberry messenger is greyed out. Anyway to ungrey that?
    01-28-11 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD