Arrrghhh... this so annoying

Only had my Curve for 2 weeks and there appears to be a problem with the trackball

It can scroll up, left and right, but no longer down. The ball appears to roll, but there's no 'resistance' as I do so, and the the on screen cursor remains still

Any ideas about... a) how this happens on a unit thats so new and b ) how it can be fixed?

cheers
    12-19-07 05:16 AM
    Arrrghhh... this so annoying

Only had my Curve for 2 weeks and there appears to be a problem with the trackball

It can scroll up, left and right, but no longer down. The ball appears to roll, but there's no 'resistance' as I do so, and the the on screen cursor remains still

Any ideas about... a) how this happens on a unit thats so new and b ) how it can be fixed?

cheers
    The trackball unit is too small for the Curve's interface. I had to insert a piece of folded paper about 1cm square between the actual trackball housing that the wall of the area it's inserted too. A couple of trial and errors, doing this, yielded the result you describe above.

Sounds like the track ball housing needs to be reseated.

YMMV.
    12-19-07 05:36 AM
    First, try pulling your battery.

If that doesn't work, hold your BB face-down and work the trackball vigorously in all directions. Try this in combination with a few quick blasts of canned air.

If it STILL doesn't work, I'd remove and reseat the trackball assembly, and mebbe use a bit of canned air on both the assembly and phone body parts. Instructions for doing this can be found in a thread here, I don't have the link offhand. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-07 07:58 AM
    Mine wouldn't roll up! My 8830 is about 6 months old.

I tried the battery trick and that didn't work.

"Turn it upside down and roll vigorously", yes! That did it.

Thanks...
    12-23-07 02:07 PM
    All the abobe symptoms... Was getting very nervous... Blowing the trackball... nothing.... UPSIDE DOWN SCROLL... YES!!!!!!!!! LIKE NEW!!! Amen! There is a God!

Hope this works for you too!
    08-26-08 01:30 AM
    All the above symptoms... Was getting very nervous... Blowing the trackball... nothing.... UPSIDE DOWN SCROLL... YES!!!!!!!!! LIKE NEW!!! Amen! There is a God!

Hope this works for you too!
    08-26-08 01:30 AM
    In the NEWBIES section of CrackBerry there are several really exellent guides, tutorials and FAQs covering just about every aspect of how to uses and abuse your BlackBerry phone.

The one you need is http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    08-26-08 01:47 AM
    My 8830 was doing the same thing...wouldn't scroll to the right...turned it upside down and moved the trackball in all directions vigirously, and BAM! a bit of dust must have gotten over the sensor. Thanks!
    09-02-08 06:16 PM
    I just wiped mine down. Didn't even have to take it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 06:24 PM
    THANK YOU!!! My trackball stopped scrolling down, so naturally, I turn to the Crackberry forums for help. Was worried I'd have to open my berry to clean out the ball (probably still have to at some point in the future), but turning it upside down and scrolling vigorously worked!
    01-07-10 02:29 AM
    My 8320 had the same issue. I replaced the trackball with a new one, in red, and it works fine now.
    01-07-10 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD