For people coming here from the Blackberry World: we can't update apps anymore through it. The only way to get the newest version is through the links on this post

Update 2.12.0.0:

• All images are now loaded through https (fixes pictures sometimes not loading when using mobile data)
    • RAM picture caching has been ported to the https stack, now works again for all images

USAGE HINTS:
    • For now, the background service doesn't automatically start when you log in. You can do so via the 'Start service' button on the upper application menu. Doing so will restart it if it's already running. If you log out it will stop by itself.
    • Prepend a '@' before the nick to search for users. Note that shadow banned users won't appear in the list, but you can still open their profile manually
    • Twitter links can be opened (if the kind of url is supported: profile, tweet or list) by pasting them into the search bar
    • If the login fails, the app will create a file named bird10log.txt in your documents folder, with the details of the error returned by Twitter
    • If you want to send tweets via 'Bird10 for BlackBerry' instead of 'Twitter for Android', scroll down from the top of the screen to reveal the app menu and tap 'Legacy login'

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/AJs2TCiS#CGNr-I...31iDevYxZFGIR0

NOTE: You'll need to sideload the app to install it, see here for a guide
    NOTE (2): If the app warns that your OpenSSL version is too outdated you need to update the OS to the latest version, 10.3.3, otherwise the app won't work

If you appreciate the app and want to support the development here's a paypal link

The source code is here: https://github.com/SimoDax/Bird10

Update 2.11.0.0:

• Added verified badges
    • Fixed profile pictures sometimes not loading
    • Fixed image attachments not loading in dms

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/MAskyZbA#2uMYBH...U657M007lghg40

Update 2.10.0.0:

• Updated emoji font, more emojis are now supported
    • Added much more emojis in the picker, two new categories were also added
    • Fixed lag in notification page
    • Fixed key shortcuts in the main timeline
    • Tweets can be sent without text if any media is attached
    • Tweet urls can be opened (if the kind of url is supported: profile, tweet or list) also by pasting them into the search bar
    • Added a black background to the video player
    • Mentions and twitter urls are now correctly opened when tapped in DM chats
    • Increased emoji size in the picker for Passport devices (I hope not too much!)
    • Many other minor fixes

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/dJEFACgJ#2eL-pP...cQM_zlKlEnyIjc

Update 2.9.1.0:

• Added a 'DM User' action on the profile pages
    • Added threads support in the home timeline
    • Fixed issues with long links that made system html parser go awry for some reason
    • Fixed polls not showing up in home tl
    • Fixed trends (again, twitter changed some stuff)
    • Ui tweaks and fixes

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/5AdBgQqJ#NrQxdL...1qM9CPOGcfsi-4

Update 2.8.0.0:
    I'll call this one a special Holiday gift release

• The app can now be chosen as a target to share text / pictures / videos
    • Since many emojis were showing up as empty boxes (the system font is rather old) i thought it was time to do something about it. The app now uses a custom font for emojis, making them have the same appearance as the emojis displayed by Twitter.com. Of course, all emojis supported by Twitter.com are also supported by the app now
    • Added support for Fleets. The fleet bar appears in the main tl page just below the top 'Home' bar when there are new unread Fleets, otherwise it stays hidden. However, you can manually show/hide it via the new right menu action
    • Moved lists to v2 api, you shouldn't see any difference except for polls
    • Fixed: The profile picture of users having the default image now properly loads
    • Ui tweaks and fixes

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/lU8kBARI#ZIGwu6...5pPC-BDGBeyt4Q

Update 2.7.0.0:

• The app can now be chosen as a target to open twitter.com urls. If they still open in the browser, you may need to long press the link and tap Open in.. to make Bird10 the default app
    • Moved home timeline and favorite tweets to v2 api, you shouldn't see any difference except for polls
    • Support for polls (for now you are able to see them everywhere but in the user profile, since that page still uses the old 1.1 api)
    • Added the emoji picker to dms
    • Moved settings to a dedicated page, accessible through the upper application menu
    • Added 'Show tabs on action bar' setting, it defaults to true and brings back the bottom tabs that characterized the official app
    • Fixed: Infinite loading of the oldest replies when scrolling to the bottom of a conversation
    • Fixed: Sending a tweet updates the tweet list only if it is the main timeline
    • Fixed: Tapping the main tweet in a conversation doesn't open another identical page (at last!)
    • Fixed: DM pictures are now centered when opened in full view
    • Searching a query starting with '@' is now allowed (Previously, pressing enter would just update the profile list)
    • Ui tweaks and fixes

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/4dEzkSzZ#f9MJYP...G2ourL0OiEnnmU

Update 2.6.0.0:

• You can now attach a video when you send a Tweet
    • The timeline now automatically retrieves new tweets and adds them on top of the list
    • It also updates how long it's been since tweets got published, as time increases
    • Added 'Share tweet via DM' and 'DM user' context actions on tweets. The latter is enabled only if the user is following you
    • Added 'Delete Tweet' context action
    • Added preview cards when you open a Tweet in its conversation page (if 'card' doesn't sound familiar to you, here's an example of a tweet with a link preview card)
    • More replies will now load when you open a Tweet in its conversation page and scroll to the bottom
    • The background service is now much more stable and shouldn't silently quit sending notifications
    • Added a splash screen (finally!)
    • Fixed a time zone parsing bug
    • The search page correctly displays again 10 trends (lately, a server-side change made the app show only the first 5)
    • Ui tweaks and fixes

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/5UsSzYpL#vFpF8r..._EMynbjgBvby6s

Update 2.5.0.0:

• Added background service for notifications (you can start/stop it via the upper application menu )
    • Added a Lists tab to check your lists
    • The search page suggests topics and hashtags as you type
    • The Tweet page now also suggests hashtags when you start typing them
    • Added legacy login to send tweets via 'Bird10 for BlackBerry' (you can enable/disable it via the 'legacy login' button on the upper application menu)
    • Small ui tweaks and fixes

Update 2.4.0.0:

• Added DM tab
    • Added support for 2FA / login security checks
    • Tweet page now suggests users while mentioning with @
    • Added tweet creation time
    • Discover page has a new "Recent" tab
    • Seach page loads user suggestions in real time
    • Background sync for notifications / DM can be toggled off from the app menu (useful if you're low on battery and want to leave the app open without it using the newtork). This setting is ignored for DMs while you have a conversation open and the screen turned on
    • Image cache moved to Ram instead of device storage. The app will use no more than 50 MB anyway, I think it's a good compromise between some extra speed and memory load.
    • Paypal link changed from a generic payment to a Money Box to avoid fees

Update 2.3.0.0:

• Added a general Twitter search, prepend @ to search for users like in previous versions
    • Added trends in search page, tapping opens them. They're shown in the location specified in your account settings
    • The search results page lets you filter by photos or videos, scroll down from the top of the tweet list reveal such options
    • Tapping on an hashtag makes a search for it
    • The notifications are now localized in your device language
    • Reduced connection latency, opening a conversation/profile/search should feel quicker
    • Removed generic error messages, now they really mean what they say
    • Fixed images occasionally displaying the wrong preview
    • Some more bug fixing

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/gJ1Ryb5B#t9ANm4...eFudoYDEsy2Nr4

Update 2.2.1.0:

• Added a proper profile page, tapping on a mention opens the respective profile
    • You can see quoted tweets instead of their link
    • Added indication of who retweeted a tweet
    • You can now zoom on images when you open them
    • Gifs load more reliably
    • Tweaked some visuals
    • Tabs now stay open instead of resetting when you change to another
    • Support for http compression, less data usage
    • Bug fixing, such as: very long links not tappable, error when searching a profile with special characters, timeline overwrite when tweeting, useless reloads of profile icons

Update 2.1.0.0:

• You can quote tweets
    • You can search for users and open their timelines (or do so by tapping on their profile picture)
    • Added notifications tab. It automatically refreshes in the background every 60s, you'll get the red asterisk symbol on the menu button when there are unread entries.
      They're synced with your account, so reading the notification in the app will mark it as read also on the website and any other twitter app, and vice versa.
    • Bug fixing

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!lYk3nIID!42IbsXeEe...Sr_LR_J9UFAwMQ

Update 2.0.0.0:

• You can now open tweets and see conversations
    • You can reply to tweets
    • Added support for animated gifs in tweets
    • Fixed images 'popping' on load
    • Simpler login flow

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!VR0CES5Q!OPIVoDgWt...AB3vT2YOqsv_uE

Update 1.4.0.1:

• Added favorites and profile tweet lists
    • The app now loads more tweets when you reach the bottom of the timeline
    • Added support for playing videos in tweets
    • Added retweets and likes count
    • Improved app version check

https://mega.nz/file/RNlVXCjD#Hjt3Lv...kcJd1iaQ5H8D-k

Hello there!
    I'm making a native App for twitter as there doesn't seem to be any working anymore.
    You can check your timeline, retweet and like. It shows tweets with more than 140 characters instead of cutting them with suspension dots, and it can show / save / share all the images attached to a tweet, not just the first one.
    You can't reply yet, but for now it allows you to open tweets in the browser in order to do it. I know the functionality is limited in its current state, but I wanted to make it available as soon as possible.

Update: Tweeting is now supported, and you can attach images as well!

I hope you enjoy it!
    Last edited by Simo_Dax; 09-28-21 at 05:09 AM.
    11-07-19 11:29 AM
    Were you planning to offer if via other means... if BBW gets shutdown next month?

I know there is a lot of interest in a good Twitter App... once you get the bugs worked out.
    11-07-19 12:09 PM
    If it gets shut down (I really hope it doesn't though) I'll make it available as a .bar to sideload and announce new builds here on the forums

As for the bugs, it's feature limited, but I'm confident to say it has no issues on the functionality it offers up to now
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-07-19 12:26 PM
    If it gets shut down (I really hope it doesn't though) I'll make it available as a .bar to sideload and announce new builds here on the forums

As for the bugs, it's feature limited, but I'm confident to say it has no issues on the functionality it offers up to now
    Thanks for supporting BB10 users! Installed the app and I will subscribe for updates, for sure.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-19 01:27 PM

Hey Simo,

First, you're AWESOME for developing this new native app to fill a void for BB10 users!

Second, the current word is that Blackberry World will remain open but in "static" mode (so no updates, etc.) after 12/31/2019. I'm totally down with you continuing to use BBW and with any luck they will still take updates, but if you are willing to make it available as a .BAR (so among other reasons we can add it to the Developer-Released .BAR thread here on CB, so everyone can get it regardless of BBW status--or whether they think to search on BBW), that would be excellent. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss that further.

But either way, THANKS for supporting BB10 as a new native app developer! I also see you ask for donations on the Bird10 page in BBW...care to share a Paypal or other link here?
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-08-19 02:38 PM
    Thanks for support bb10 user.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-19 03:06 PM
    I know I come a bit late but thank you!

Starting with the latest release 1.3.0.1 I embedded a version check on startup, so that if you fall behind it prompts you to look on BBW or Creckberry forums for an updated version. The info about the latest version is hosted on a personal netlify site, so even if BBW becomes static I can trigger the popup whenever I attach a .bar here.
    I have yet to include a link to the thread in the app as I don't know if I should create a new one for the releases or just use this one

THANKS for supporting BB10 as a new native app developer!
    Haha, actually I made another app before this but since it's for italian trains you can't see it outside Italy

care to share a Paypal or other link here?
    I've added it to the first post, thanks for the suggestion
    meilenstein likes this.
    11-30-19 04:56 AM

Hello there!
    I'm making a native App for twitter as there doesn't seem to be any working anymore.
    You can check your timeline, retweet and like. It shows tweets with more than 140 characters instead of cutting them with suspension dots, and it can show / save / share all the images attached to a tweet, not just the first one.
    You can't reply yet, but for now it allows you to open tweets in the browser in order to do it. I know the functionality is limited in its current state, but I wanted to make it available as soon as possible.

Update: Tweeting is now supported, and you can attach images as well!

If you appreciate the app and want to support the development here's a paypal link
    I hope you enjoy it!
    PayPal link non funziona.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-19 05:53 PM
    Very good bro.
    We wait update many features.
    But when the app world is close, how can we update this beautiful app?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-19 07:02 AM
    Christmas release! Version 1.4.0.1 is out, check the first post for download link and instructions
    Enjoy!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-25-19 09:27 AM
    PayPal link non funziona.
    Strange, works on my end and others managed to donate using the same link
    Last edited by Simo_Dax; 12-25-19 at 11:19 AM.
    12-25-19 09:28 AM
    Support for playing videos in tweets -- amazing! Thanks for that and happy holidays!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mh1983; 12-27-19 at 11:45 AM.
    12-25-19 10:47 AM
    NOTE: You'll need to sideload the app to install it, see here for a guide

How can I slideload app?
    This Web site is not open

Posted via CB10
    12-26-19 03:55 AM
    Strange, works on my end and others managed to donate using the same link
    I'll try again after I get the update. Will you be updating in BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-19 09:31 AM
    I'll try again after I get the update. Will you be updating in BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry World has become unaccessible for developers since December 1st. The only way to update apps now is to sideload them, check the first post for the download link

EDIT: I've checked and can confirm that PayPal donation page doesn't load anymore on the stock browser. You'll need to do so from desktop, sorry. I'll change the link to a paypal.me generic donation in the next release
    Last edited by Simo_Dax; 12-27-19 at 01:05 PM.
    12-27-19 11:47 AM
    Blackberry World has become unaccessible for developers since December 1st. The only way to update apps now is to sideload them, check the first post for the download link

EDIT: I've checked and can confirm that PayPal donation page doesn't load anymore on the stock browser. You'll need to do so from desktop, sorry
    Would it be possible to help me sideload your update using Windows? I find the above guide with Chrome confusing, so basically what I would like to do is download the link and then connect my phone to my PC and somehow transfer it. Could you please help me do that? Many thanks in advance!
    12-27-19 12:19 PM
    Would it be possible to help me sideload your update using Windows? I find the above guide with Chrome confusing, so basically what I would like to do is download the link and then connect my phone to my PC and somehow transfer it. Could you please help me do that? Many thanks in advance!
    Use Sachesi or Darcy's Tools.

Drag and drop.

/blackberry-10-os-f269/darcys-blackberry-tools-956835/
    12-27-19 12:27 PM
    Use Sachesi or Darcy's Tools.

Drag and drop.

/blackberry-10-os-f269/darcys-blackberry-tools-956835/
    Thank you conite, but I will be honest here....I read that thread and I still don't have a clue what I need to do....I am not really good with such tech things; I am trying to improve, but I am still not there, I am afraid..Anyway, thank you again!
    12-27-19 12:45 PM
    Thank you conite, but I will be honest here....I read that thread and I still don't have a clue what I need to do....I am not really good with such tech things; I am trying to improve, but I am still not there, I am afraid..Anyway, thank you again!
    Simply download and install, plug in device, and drag bar files into the Darcy's Tool window.
    12-27-19 12:46 PM
    This will be the future for everything BB10 pretty much. Autoloaders and workarounds and sideloading so you must understand why its recommended to move away from unsupported OS
    Laura Knotek and Mecca EL like this.
    12-27-19 04:49 PM
    Back on topic now.

OP, thanks for the fantastic app. I sideloaded it successfully and really enjoying the new features. Will we be able to click on user pics and go to their profiles in a future update? How about Hub integration?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-19 12:13 PM
    12-28-19 12:56 PM
    Alright this is back open but keep the discussion to the app and not go down off topic again. Bla1ze already nuked the entire thread once and infractions were handed out to some members. Lets not need to do that again. Play nice!
    Invictus0 and anon(5597702) like this.
    12-31-19 08:47 AM
    Back on topic now.

OP, thanks for the fantastic app. I sideloaded it successfully and really enjoying the new features. Will we be able to click on user pics and go to their profiles in a future update? How about Hub integration?

Posted via CB10
    For the first, yes. For the second, I don't know: Twitter public APIs have been severely limited last year (that's the reason why the official app stopped delivering notifications, or not showing replies to tweets older than 7 days, or not sending/receiving DMs..). To get a realtime feed you need to go for premium/enterprise APIs, which cost way too much.
    For example, I haven't made a Tweet page to see the replies yet because of these limitations and wanted to look for another way, which is to spoof the requests and use the private endpoints used by the iOS/Android apps (don't ask how, it's probably illegal). I'll try, but no promises on this

If you guys want to know more about the 'behind the scenes' of the app and what you can or cannot do with the free APis just ask, I'll explain
    anon(5597702) and Mecca EL like this.
    12-31-19 11:58 AM
    It's à good job it works great to my use

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 03:11 PM
405 123 ...