Well, I finally got my Curve 8330 in the mail from eBay. I played with it for a little while and then took it to Sprint to get activated. After scanning the phone, the person couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. He called the magical sprint people and they couldn't figure it out either. After about 20 minutes of trying, they come to the conclusion that it's not a Sprint phone. I am so pissed! I called the seller (who has over 7000 positive feedbacks) and he was so awesome in dealing with this situation. He told me about the person he got it from and said he must have misunderstood what she told me. Needless to say, I shipped it back to him and I'm getting a refund and it's off to find another one.

I'M READY TO BE AN ADDICT!!!!!
    Last edited by LoneStarTX; 12-23-08 at 04:03 PM. Reason: update
    12-17-08 05:09 PM
    dang im sorry that happened to you, i dont really order things off of ebay, the only thing that i ordered was a PSP and it works great, i wouldnt get a phone off of ebay cuz i need to stay connected.

I ordered my 8350i from sprint and it should be coming sometime tonight so i should be an addict soon...UPS NEEDS TO HURRY! lol
    12-17-08 05:17 PM
    That sucks! I don't blame u for being p'd off! You would think the seller would of checked the esn before selling. Would of save everyone a lot of trouble! Goodluck in your search!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 05:26 PM
    get it from craiglists better...as it's local
    12-17-08 05:31 PM
    get it from craiglists better...as it's local
    That's true, but they are more expensive. People tend to start it lower on eBay.
    12-17-08 06:05 PM
    I've gotten 3-4 phones off craigslist, and they've been cheaper than ebay everytime, plus they're local. I can call Sprint up during the transaction and make sure the ESN is clear.

cl ftw
    12-17-08 06:57 PM
    Craigslist is the s***!

I'm sorry that this happened, but at least your still getting a refund. Count your blessings that it wasn't some dirtbag you bought it from.
    12-17-08 07:02 PM
    Well, I finally got my Curve 8330 in the mail from eBay. I played with it for a little while and then took it to Sprint to get activated. After scanning the phone, the person couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. He called the magical sprint people and they couldn't figure it out either. After about 20 minutes of trying, they come to the conclusion that it's not a Sprint phone. I am so pissed! I called the seller (who has over 7000 positive feedbacks) and he was so awesome in dealing with this situation. He told me about the person he got it from and said he must have misunderstood what she told me. Needless to say, I shipped it back to him and I'm getting a refund and it's off to find another one.

Sorry that happened to you. I can say I've gotten phones off eBay; brand new. There was only one time I encountered a problem and that was just due to a new seller thinking she was going to pull a fast one.

eBay and PayPal came through for me.
    12-17-08 09:07 PM
    I have gotten phones off Ebay and never had an issue, that is until I got delusional and thought I needed a Palm Treo 800w. The guy I got it from represented it as new, but when I got the phone and called to activate it, they said it had been activated before and was prob a refurb! Needless to say, it got shipped back. That's what I get for ditching the Curve for the Palm.

Got another Curve, and back to my senses..thank goodness!!!!
    12-17-08 10:39 PM
    I was happy to hear how cool the guy was with the whole situation. Since this happened, I will probably have to wait until after the first of the year now due to Christmas. One way or another, I'll be getting a Curve!
    12-18-08 08:38 AM
    I have gotten two used blackberry 8320s on ebay - one unlocked. Both were in good condition and work wonderfully. I had a bad experience with some Sidekick phones and had to go thru paypal claims to get my money back - but I got it back!
    12-18-08 08:51 AM
    I was happy to hear how cool the guy was with the whole situation. Since this happened, I will probably have to wait until after the first of the year now due to Christmas. One way or another, I'll be getting a Curve!
    Sorry to hear that happened, glad to know it's on the way to being fixed. I know you'll enjoy your curve. I've owned two. Rock solid and all the features I need.

Welcome to the addiction
    12-18-08 09:13 AM
    Im surprised the Sprint store didn't know it belonged to
    another carrier. I would think they would recognize that right away.

12-18-08 09:36 AM
    Well, it didn't have another brand on the phone like at&t or t-mobile. It was unbranded so the only way to tell was through the ESN I'm guessing.
    12-18-08 10:19 AM
    Man that sucks.. Atleast you could return it
    12-18-08 10:58 AM
    Doesn't Best Buy still have the offer doeS free Curve. I saw the ad was still good.

Jason

12-19-08 03:49 AM
    But isn't that only good if you sign a new deal? I just started a new deal.
    12-19-08 08:03 AM

I am so sorry that happened to you, but don't worry it will happen...it's just gonna take a little longer than you anticipated. You know what they say, "anything worth having is worthing waiting for"
    12-21-08 11:46 AM
    Bought alot of phones off ebay and never had a problem. I did see a local story about craiglist where the buyer was robbed of their funds. I bought a car for my son off craigslist 2 yrs ago and we had $6000 cashier check but I also had 3 men with me- my sons and husband so I just never found a phone deal I wanted craigslist because I would drag them with me for that too....
    12-21-08 11:55 AM
    Well, I have received my refund and I am on my way to purchasing another Curve. I made sure it's Sprint this time. Also, the seller is in Louisiana so it shouldn't take long to get here. I am pumped almost as much as this little guy!

Last edited by LoneStarTX; 12-23-08 at 02:48 PM.
    12-23-08 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD