Mine has to be answering calls...

Anyone else notice when there phone rings, the whole call interface is barely responsive and the only way you can answer the call is via the hard green button.

I even tried to use BBM/SMS while during a call, the phone was lagging to ****.

The call thing definately needs to be fixed though, the most important aspect is like.....

Also the fact that i hit speaker/mute/everything with my ear? lol

I understand OS will fix this, and im waiting, but god damn
    12-17-08 04:42 PM
    Yeah I'm glad I took mine back to save money since i have a cheap bill elsewhere.. I'm waiting to see if it gets any better.
    12-17-08 04:45 PM
    i believe that the os in general still needs another shot of adrenaline (i'm running .76 from Bell). the last update did wonders over the base os shipped with the phone; however, as the op has mentioned, the phone application is very slow. i also see some lag when typing on the keyboard. i believe if the keyboard lag were eliminated, typing would be far easier, faster, and more accurate. so my hope is for a snappier os.
    12-17-08 04:50 PM
    Right now its the fact that i cant get any sort of internet!
    12-17-08 04:51 PM
    Yeah I'm glad I took mine back to save money since i have a cheap bill elsewhere.. I'm waiting to see if it gets any better.
    Biggest issue for me is the damn acclimator. Its not just that its slow, which I could deal with most of the time. Its that the phone actually seems to get confused was mode its being held in. I hold it in portrait and it just stays in landscape. I have to rotate it 360 degrees to get it back on point. It's very annoying.
    12-17-08 04:52 PM
    The biggest issue is easily the fact that when the phone is on vibrate the personal ringtones still sound. This is very embarrassing.
    12-17-08 05:10 PM
    my only problem is that i souund very muffled when talking throught the handset
    12-17-08 05:20 PM
    I wish my storm could cook me food. Supposed to be in the next software update. Lol. Duke have you checked to see if you are set to internet browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 05:23 PM
    The biggest issue is easily the fact that when the phone is on vibrate the personal ringtones still sound. This is very embarrassing.
    You need to go into your contact ringers and set the volume to active profile.

12-17-08 05:50 PM
    For me its the flashing light. Sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't work.

12-17-08 05:55 PM
    random reboots
    12-17-08 05:56 PM
    I just got mine today and I love it. I do wish it was a little louder when I'm talking on the phone. And I also have turned on speak
    er while talking by accident.

12-17-08 06:05 PM
    I have to say that imy biggest complaint is answering the phone. Sometimes the hard green button works and sometimes only the virtual button will answer. There also seems bit be a bit of a lag even after is says that it's connected. Is there a way to have a notification beep to let you know when the connection is actually made? Part of my problem is that I was used to the call being answered when I flipped the phone open.
    12-17-08 06:08 PM
    You need to go into your contact ringers and set the volume to active profile.

This doesn't work. They still ring if you set the phone to vibe only and have custom rings for people.
    12-17-08 06:13 PM
    Hey one other thing I seem to be clicking the screen before the bule glow catches up mean nothing happens. It seems to slow me down.
    Biggest issue for me is the damn acclimator. Its not just that its slow, which I could deal with most of the time. Its that the phone actually seems to get confused was mode its being held in. I hold it in portrait and it just stays in landscape. I have to rotate it 360 degrees to get it back on point. It's very annoying.
    I've got no clue what an acclimator is... I will assume it is similar to an accelerometer.

My biggest issue is the notifications don't always ring when they are supposed to.
    Mine would be the mute button I hit while on a call. As talked about above.
    12-17-08 06:16 PM
    Disappearing keyboard is by far the biggest annoyance on my storm so far. Slow screen clicking especially while browsing the net is a hairline second. Here's to hoping for a better update soon.

12-17-08 06:22 PM
    My biggest problem with the Storm is similar to yours. Why is it so hard to make a PHONE CALL on my phone? First of all is the LAG issue. I barely have any apps running other than a couple standard ones.

Call me weird, but I like holding the phone to my ear when I talk. I ALWAYS hit the mute and speakerphone buttons with my cheek on a daily basis. You might tell me to get a handsfree kit or hold the phone differently, but no. I truly believe that there should be a universal comfortability while using a modern technology phone and not resort to changing how you would normally make calls due to the hardware.

Next up is the contact list. This is my first smartphone, so I'm used to searching for contacts using the number keys on regular non-smartphones (2 = ABC, 3 = DEF). I'm also used to QWERTY keyboard layouts because I'm just used to using computers. Why is it that I'm FORCED to use the blackberry shorthand when it is the last thing I'm comfortable with? I can't flip it landscape at all.

Last but not least...picking up phone calls. I hear my phone ringing, and its always in landscape mode. Obviously I want to use it in portrait so I flip it. It does this little LAG thing where half of it stays in landscape and the other half switches to portrait. then when I finally hit the answer button, it takes me around 3-4 "hellos" before the caller can hear me.
    12-17-08 06:25 PM
    I am on .76 and still hate that the keyboard constantly disappears, and its just insane...

Also, the fact that, if the phone tries to do anything else, like receive sms or email while I happen to typing an e-mail or trying to browse around or just going from one menu to another, the phone is so unresponsive, its just a brick, until its all done doing what its doing.

the phone is SO unresponsive that it cannot even show you arrows moving for sending and receiving data, its just locked up until its doing whatever it wanted to do...

finally, the answering, I push the button, and have no idea what its doing....

oh - sometimes, I tap and click through and nothing happens....

I want to keep it so bad, but its just so many little things.

I think the phone is under CPU powered and I think phone wreck review has it right, there is just too many things that the CPU is doing, from baseband to gps to graphics and then running the OS...

as much as I hate ATT and the insane Apple people, I think apple got the user experience down, and I think its because they are saving CPU cycles for GUI and UI experience so that you dont see this laggyness...

just a thought, really hoping that I see another OS update that helps with this, but, OS Updates dont normally get you faster CPUs
    12-17-08 06:42 PM
    I'm getting used to the phone issues, and hoping that it can only get better with updated OS.

My most "annoying" aspect of use is the keyboard. When I want it, it seems to either not show up and go away once I start using it. But then it also shows up when I DON'T want it there...

Otherwise, the main functional aspect that I'm really pizzed about is the camera (not that I bought it for the camera), but c'mon, it got a lot of raves for being the best cell phone camera on the market, and it's probably the worst I've EVER used or seen.....but then again, that's me.
    12-17-08 06:52 PM
    My biggest aggravation is that so many people tell me I sound muffled on this phone. Poor sound quality is a bummer. Phone first then features!
    12-17-08 06:56 PM
    Mine would be the mute button I hit while on a call. As talked about above.
    For sure...I hate it when my call goes public
    12-17-08 07:54 PM
    Overall I have not had many issues with the phone, but do have a certain feeling of 'unreliability'. There are times when the email notifications shows I have a new email, but nothing there. Then when I do get an email no notification.

Somedays I see lag, somedays I don't. Somedays the click screen is near perfect, othertimes not.

Somedays I can answer the phone on the first push of a button, somedays I cant.

Just can't get a solid feeling that this is first and foremost a reliable phone, but am sticking it out for now since most of these issues can be resolved, and should be resolved rather easily.

Many people are nearing their 30 days and wonder if there will be an increase in returns right around the 20th???
    12-17-08 08:14 PM
    Mine is small but I hate it...

The damn shutter sound on the camera
    12-17-08 08:15 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD