I got my new 8350i the other day and so far love it. However, last night I noticed that the network emails are pouring in throughout the night, while I'm sleeping. Since I'd rather not turn off the phone at night, and I have a tone to advise me when the emails arrive during the day, this gets annoying.
    After searching for a bit, I can�t seem to find a way to solve this.

Does anyone know of a way to either turn off the notifications at a certain time of day, or stop email redirection at a certain time of day?

Thanks
    12-17-08 08:25 AM
    I am a teacher and don't want to be bothered with these things during the day in my classroom, so what I did was to create a profile with everything on mute except the phone which rings on low. When I walk into my class I switch to the classroom profile... when I leave, it's back to normal. I suppose you could create a profile and name it nighty-night, that mutes everything as well...

Just my 2 cents.

bigric
    12-17-08 10:23 AM
    I have to agree with bigric on this one. I use the Auto On/Off feature to shut my phone off at 2300hrs and turn back on at 0600hrs. On weekends it turns on at 0930hrs.
    12-17-08 11:21 AM
    In my work (surveillance), I've had to and already created a profile like that. I would of thought that with all the technology in these things that they would have some option that a user could schedule when they wanted the email to redirect, etc....
    12-17-08 11:46 AM
    DarkPhoenix brings up another good option, the auto on/off feature... I always wondered if you could still receive phone calls with it "off"?? The profile change works for me AND YES, I agree that there should be a program that changes profiles automatically or at least be able to set a time for a profile to switch. I think I had something like that on my Treo (sorry, I used the T word).

bigric
    12-17-08 11:53 AM
    It is a soft off. The only thing that will turn it on before the prescribed time is either the Alarm, or a Calendar reminder.
    12-18-08 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD