I have searched on this site, pinstack, blackberryforums.com and some others and have not found a definitive answer to this.

I have a bold with 4.6.0.210 installed and had the games, instant messaging and some other icons available on the device. Once I deleted the folders, the apps inside are dumped to the home screen and the folder is gone completely. I'm trying to figure out how to restore these folders (Games and Instant Messaging). I have tried a battery pull that was suggested in some posts saying that the folders will return, they do not. I've also tried some .alx file edits as well as reloading the OS after a wipe to no avail.

Does anyone know how to restore these folders?

Thanks in advance,
    12-16-08 03:17 PM
    Try this: go to Options > Theme > Menu > Reset Theme Defaults.
    12-16-08 03:27 PM
    You can also hit the menu key and go to "Add Folder" and name it what ever you would like.
    12-16-08 04:11 PM
    I have also tried both of those. No luck. Adding a new folder works, but this is more of a technical want to know how rather than a need for a work around. Reseting the defaults doesn't restore the folders though, just makes the icons all rearranged to default.
    12-16-08 05:04 PM
    Back up your phone then do a restore from a previous date and see if that works.
    12-16-08 05:09 PM
    it doesn't work. you would need to do a complete OS wipe and do a restore, although your apps don't get restored, at least mine didn't. But the instant message folder came back.
    12-16-08 05:43 PM
    as I was creating my own theme... I noticed the folder icons were disappearing and going generic when I messed with the hierarchy of the files.. SO DON'T mess with it in Plazmic rather just do it when your theme is uploaded to your phone... and THEN organize it.. I realize this is an annoying process but the bb should remember your organization after the first time...hope this helps alot of you out.
    03-19-09 01:05 AM
    I'm having this problem also, I lost my IM folder icon and Setting Folder Icon, and adding folder doesn't work because it doesn't show these icons, it only shows colored folders...

I recently updated my OS, and still the icons didn't come back. An OS wipe can't be the solution, there's got to be an easier way, right?

Anybody???
    07-27-09 02:17 AM
    Bump!
    I would like to know this too...anyone?
    08-09-09 07:06 PM
    Try this: go to Options > Theme > Menu > Reset Theme Defaults.
    I tried this and it works...
    08-09-09 07:15 PM
    The theme reset option did not work for me.

I am still missing nearly all of my folder icons.
    12-04-09 12:58 AM
    Did the theme change the folder icon to something else? If so, you will not be able to get the games, downloads, apps, communication folder icons back. Limitation in the old theme builder.
    12-04-09 07:11 AM
    I had lost my games folder. Reset theme defaults worked for me.
    12-20-09 01:51 PM
    Hi, what do you do if you've managed to lose the "Options" icon? I managed to do this by placing it in a folder and deleting the folder.
    01-13-10 07:11 AM
    Do you have quicklaunch by any chance? If so, set up a short cut to options in quicklaunch and get to it that way. Then reset the theme.
    01-13-10 10:14 AM
    Resetting the theme to default did work for me. I was trying to help someone get rid of the alert on the Instant Messaging Folder. Facebook was the only app they were using at the time. They deleted it. The notification left then came back. So I deleted the instant messaging folder and restored it using this method. I will let them try it and see how it works and both of us are using OS 5.0
    04-06-10 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD