Whats the difference? I pretty much mostly use gmail and instead of installing the gmail app I just set up my gmail address on the blackberry. Is there really a big difference? Also what is the google mobile app? Did google incorporate their new feature of "tasks" in with the blackberry yet? I'm basically trying to Sync literally everything on my computer with my blackberry as far as google applications are concerned. (Calendar / Tasks / Reader / Photos ) etc......
    12-16-08 02:36 AM
    Letting BIS handle the account generally means U will get your mail somewhat faster You may find this is true and may not as some people DO get theirs faster through BIS and some get it faster with the the GMail app.
    12-16-08 05:09 AM
    Using BIS also means that you get your email all the time, even if you don't want to get it. I've used both and for a few email accounts I still prefer the Gmail app so I can access my email when I choose.
    12-16-08 06:50 AM
    I've gone back and forth a couple of times and concluded that I prefer to use BIS for my GMail account. While the GMail app has a nice, clean interface I do prefer the faster push from BIS, as well as having all my messages available in one folder (I understand why some may not prefer that).
    12-16-08 07:13 AM
    I use both. I use the BIS email service to get real time delivery of messages. Especially those that come from people who send information at the last second. I use the gmail app to allow me to search older email that is not on my device. BB does not support having your email on SD card or I might consider letting let it bring my entire email archive to my device. But the BB internet connection works so well, it's just as easy to use the gmail app to search my inbox on their server.
    12-16-08 07:17 AM
    I like the BIS version because it's one less app on my berry. If you use PeekAWho it wont work with the Gmail app either. (At least that's what I have seen).
    12-16-08 07:36 AM
    you cant add attachments with the gmail app. I haven't figured out how to anyway..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 10:56 AM
    I have both but for different email accounts. My domain email is on BIS as well as my work email. I have various other email addresses (junk, newsletters, etc) that I filter through the GMAIL Application. It's not as obtrusive that way (I can exit the app) but I still have the ability to search through old emails which comes in handy...something you can't do with the BIS if you delete emails on your hand held.
    12-16-08 07:55 PM
    I just use the app and check it every once in awhile.
    12-16-08 08:26 PM
    what about the google mobile app??? Not just the gmail party. How does Google Reader , Google Photos, etc... work on the bb?
    12-17-08 01:57 AM
    I use both. I use the BIS email service to get real time delivery of messages. Especially those that come from people who send information at the last second. I use the gmail app to allow me to search older email that is not on my device. BB does not support having your email on SD card or I might consider letting let it bring my entire email archive to my device. But the BB internet connection works so well, it's just as easy to use the gmail app to search my inbox on their server.
    I'm the same way. Only downside is that you get your emails all day long.

12-17-08 11:44 PM
    Use the GMail app to search saved and archived mail. I also have a second Gmail account strictly for documents, because Google Docs is blocked on our work computers. If I ever need to pull up an old document that's no longer stored on my phone. I log into that account, forward it to myself, open it when pushed through BIS, then re-download the attachment

12-18-08 04:49 AM
    I also use both. I'm a forum admin and have the forum email forwarded to my gmail address. I like getting real time delivery - it's great for taking care of small problems like helping people get logged on the forum. But I also like being able to search older email to see if or how we've dealt with more complex or odd problems in the past.
    12-18-08 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD