Hey guys, I will be traveling this week and I was wondering if there was an easy way to disable all that stuff on my phone thats supposed to make the plane crash so I can just type up some word documents and read emails already on my phone. maybe some button or quick options off that disables all data transfer and phone calls? Help is appreciated!
    12-16-08 01:59 AM
    I think if you go to 'manage connections' and turn all the radios and stuff off? Anyone second this?
    12-16-08 02:00 AM
    I do not know how as I haven't gotten mine yet but it does have an airplane mode. Sorry I wasn't any help. Let us know b/c next week I'll be flying as well
    12-16-08 02:02 AM
    Go to manage connections, and hit the option to disable everything.

Granted a plane's electrical system should be shielded and require one **** of a lot stronger signal than a cell phone could ever put out to really do much. I also don't think there is a single confirmed incident where a cell phone or other handheld electronic device has caused a plane to crash or suffer any kind of malfunction.

But, the connections listed in "Manage Connections" (on the extended home screen) should put you into "airplane mode" as most other phones call it. You can use the same program to switch the main antenna, and bluetooth if you use it, back on.
    12-16-08 02:04 AM
    Your cellular signal will not make a plane crash or even create any issues with the airplanes electronics....
    12-16-08 02:05 AM
    Yes I figured as much about not making the air plane crash (however I would like to not be the first person to do so) haha.... But yeah thanks for the responses and I will probably just end up using it regularly haha
    12-16-08 02:10 AM
    I believe that was on mythbusters and it was busted! lol but it IS in your best interest to disable all radios (airplane mode) because you wont be able to grab a signal from a plane and your phone will be working over time trying to find a signal.
    12-16-08 02:12 AM
    Yea but on most commercial flights the fact that you're up damn high and in a shielded tube you're not going to get much in the way of service anyway... (trust me I've tried at times)
    12-16-08 02:15 AM
    I wonder when wifi will be introduced on airplanes.
    12-16-08 02:21 AM
    Alaska will be offering up free wifi on flights soon. Wifi would sure be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 02:32 AM
    Alaska will be offering up free wifi on flights soon. Wifi would sure be nice.

ditto with delta
    12-16-08 02:55 AM
    Waahhh WiFi. Please move on already.

12-16-08 03:57 AM
    lol JetBlue has Wifi on one of their airplanes also, they are doing their testing.
    12-16-08 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD