The 8900 has been out for long enough, still like it? Any problems, pro/con?
    12-15-08 09:50 PM
    love it!

issues iv run into so far:

-the battery door, especially towards the hinge in the middle, if u push down on it it makes some noise. the door is not as good as the bolds, alot thinner too

-i have had this happen twice that when using the camera suddenly the live preview is all rainbow colored and static. after i take a picture, the picture turns out fine and the live preview goes bak to normal (has anyone else experienced this?)

-temporary issue is not having an OEM holster for this phone =\

-the phone seems to lag if i go into a folder from the menu, when scrolling through the apps which are inside of another folder it lags a bit, but my friend has noticed this with his bold as well =S

besides these minor set backs not much problems yet
    12-16-08 10:03 AM
    1) I second the issue about not having an OEM holster available yet.

2) The vibrate function on this device doesn't seem to vibrate near as much as some other models.

Everything else so far has been great.
    12-16-08 10:19 AM
    I second the slight lag when in a folder, particularly the applications folder.

the vibrate function for mine is great, can fell it easily...its nice and strong
    12-16-08 10:48 AM
    I love the 8900. I have only have had it for about a day. Only complaint I have is with the camera. Seems to lag a bit when taking a picture and sometimes freezes and you have to close it and re-open it to get it working again. Other than that I am very pleased with this device!

PS. The lack of accessories sucks but hopefully won't be long before stuff starts popping up.
    12-16-08 10:51 AM
    Yeah i get a great vibration on my phone. And yeah i also have a slight lag.
    12-16-08 10:51 AM
    love it!

issues iv run into so far:

-the battery door, especially towards the hinge in the middle, if u push down on it it makes some noise. the door is not as good as the bolds, alot thinner too

-i have had this happen twice that when using the camera suddenly the live preview is all rainbow colored and static. after i take a picture, the picture turns out fine and the live preview goes bak to normal (has anyone else experienced this?)

-temporary issue is not having an OEM holster for this phone =\

-the phone seems to lag if i go into a folder from the menu, when scrolling through the apps which are inside of another folder it lags a bit, but my friend has noticed this with his bold as well =S

besides these minor set backs not much problems yet
    For the battery door, I would try to put some electrical tape on it. Check the bold forums as some had similar problems with it also.

I'm sure the camera lag issue and also any previewer issues will be addressed in future OS releases so I wouldn't be too concerned with that.

I have a Bold for now until I can get my hands on the 8900 and I have also noticed the lag when going to and from folders. It is a little annoying but I think this will be addressed in a future OS release as well.

The accessories will come, the phone has been release less than one month ago!

I can't wait to get mine.
    12-16-08 11:00 AM
    I've had the live preview of the camera go into multi-colour static, but when I closed it and reopen, it was fine. Scared me there for a second tho!

I'm noticing BBM issue as well. I'm in middle of a chat with friends, one or two of them sometimes 3 of my contacts would have their status changed to "unreachable" with grey face and red circle with an X, or "busy" with grey face and red squared clock. I've asked my contacts what happened, they didn't do anything. Would it be the server or my 8900 or ?? It's quite annoying cause I'd have to wait till they reply or when their bbm status comes back "online"/normal. gurr..

Other than those troublesome issue, the bb 8900 works good for me so far. (I've had it a week now.)
    12-16-08 05:38 PM
    i hope they release an O.S update for those problems

they arent major

but eventually they could possibly turn people off

and i hope this update is before tmobile gets it so i dont have to wait

12-16-08 05:52 PM
    Ihen I try to press the hang up or end button I also press the p button and bring up my list of contacts that start with P. But thats probably just because I am an *****
    12-16-08 10:10 PM
    Ihen I try to press the hang up or end button I also press the p button and bring up my list of contacts that start with P. But thats probably just because I am an *****
    hahahaha the exact same thing happens to me!
    12-16-08 10:38 PM
    ya i noticed also vibration is not as strong as the older curve

does anyone know if theres an app or something which will allow vib & ring?
    12-17-08 10:42 AM
    12-17-08 12:21 PM
    My trackball has frozen a few times, has n e one else had that problem? I believe there is a new OS coming out soon for the 8900 but it has not been approved yet by rogers, hopefully that will fix some of the flaws. Other than that I LOVE my javelin!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD