So I got a letter in the mail the other day from verizon saying that I'm eligible for renewing my account. I was intrigued since my contract (basic 700 min family plan) doesn't finish until june 09. I'd like to get a storm very much but I am concerned about whether or not I'll get a good deal. If I renew my contract now I figure I'll pay only $150 ($100 ne2 not including mail-in rebate). However, f I wait till june I can bs saying that I'll move to ATT w/ the iPhone (which I might). Should I wait to get the BB storm or be patient for new updates, the app center, etc. or get it right now? I've played around with it and I like it.

P.S. I have a macbook pro is there a good app for mac users that have blackberries?
    12-15-08 08:52 PM
    Buy what you want. You're already a mac wheenie and you have to ask so you're probably better off with the iPhone. If you're willing to grow with a phone and get a great deal to boot then get the Storm. Other wise man up and make your own decision.

You bore me.
    12-15-08 10:11 PM
    Buy what you want. You're already a mac wheenie and you have to ask so you're probably better off with the iPhone. If you're willing to grow with a phone and get a great deal to boot then get the Storm. Other wise man up and make your own decision.

You bore me.
    This was incredibly uncalled for. No need to be a rude, ignorant j*rk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 10:14 PM
    So I got a letter in the mail the other day from verizon saying that I'm eligible for renewing my account. I was intrigued since my contract (basic 700 min family plan) doesn't finish until june 09. I'd like to get a storm very much but I am concerned about whether or not I'll get a good deal. If I renew my contract now I figure I'll pay only $150 ($100 ne2 not including mail-in rebate). However, f I wait till june I can bs saying that I'll move to ATT w/ the iPhone (which I might). Should I wait to get the BB storm or be patient for new updates, the app center, etc. or get it right now? I've played around with it and I like it.

P.S. I have a macbook pro is there a good app for mac users that have blackberries?
    The only "deal" you will get will be if they lower the price, which is highly doubtful as this thing is CHEAP.

If you upgrade your account now, you'll extend contract, they'll give you the 2-yr price, and you'll pay the $150 we all did.

If you "wait" until June and "psych" Verizon out by "threatening" to leave, they'll just give you the option of renewing your contract, thus getting the 2-yr price and paying exactly the same amount of money for a then 6-month old phone ....

Phone companies aren't like cable/landline-telephone companies ... they don't have "win-back" bonuses where if you threaten to leave they'll toss a phone at you for free.

If your decision is truly buy now or buy then, buy now ... it'll be the same price and you get this sweet device.

If you're using this to disguise a "iphone vs storm" debate, take it elsewhere. They are two different devices, you gotta decide what you want.

I have an iPod touch and love it. Its the best "toy" I have. The storm is an awesome phone that helps me handle about 3times the workload that I would be otherwise capable of taking care of ... just like every Blackberry I have owned. They both serve their place and I wouldn't give either of them up. That said, the storm is with me at all times, and the touch ... only when I have time to "play" with it.
    12-15-08 10:40 PM
    no I want a BB storm for many reasons
    1) I know blackberries are very reliable
    2) Verizon, while having some flaws has a very good cell network (at least to the places that I go to)
    3) I hated the iphone after I saw 50/70 (I counted) people pass by with an iPhone 3G

The only concern I have is the apps. Yeah I know that the iPhone has a crap load of them already but I want to stay with Verizon.

The only reason why I would want an iPhone is

1) it's obviously compatible with my computer
    2) it's got a ton of apps in it.

that is it. I despise ATT's network, and get really frustated when using my friend's iphone because I have massive fingers

btw, bthoward you must have been bored already for you to have posted that so clearly I did not bore you, you bored yourself
    12-15-08 10:56 PM
    no I want a BB storm for many reasons
    1) I know blackberries are very reliable
    2) Verizon, while having some flaws has a very good cell network (at least to the places that I go to)
    3) I hated the iphone after I saw 50/70 (I counted) people pass by with an iPhone 3G

The only concern I have is the apps. Yeah I know that the iPhone has a crap load of them already but I want to stay with Verizon.

The only reason why I would want an iPhone is

1) it's obviously compatible with my computer
    2) it's got a ton of apps in it.

that is it. I despise ATT's network, and get really frustated when using my friend's iphone because I have massive fingers

btw, bthoward you must have been bored already for you to have posted that so clearly I did not bore you, you bored yourself
    when I first considered dumping my iPhone for the storm I thought I was going to have a real problem getting over how well the iPhone syncs with my macbook..

when I got the storm pocketmac SUCKED HORRID DOG CRAP.. However I then turned and purchased missing sync..

This works quicker for syncing with my mac then the iPhone did..

however I will not lie to you. It is almost a need to have a PC to run desktop manager or bootcamp a windows OS

because it does things with reloading the os etc that the mac just cant do right now..

You can also un brick a blackberry on a pc were you can't on a mac..

the really nice thing over the iPhone with connecting to a mac is that you see the device as hard drives 1 for the storage card and one for the device memory itself..

the iPhone you didn't have direct access everything was synced through itunes..
    obviously the iPhone is integrated a little better with mac but missing sync gets the job done in half the time..

I guess the purpose of my post is to prove that the syncing issue with the mac shouldn't scare you much at all.

I also hear that they are in the works of making a mac compatible DM which may solve some of the bad things with syncing and a mac.

Hope this helps..
    12-15-08 11:06 PM
    i have a mac, i am a huge mac junkie, but love my storm. i haven't had a problem with syncing, but keep in mind that blackberry is releasing a dm for mac soon! yay

i always wanted an iphone, but i couldn't leave verizon. now i love my storm especially because the phone feature is reliable and i love my push email
    12-15-08 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD