seriously...no messages, no inbox, etc...
    12-15-08 06:06 PM
    Voice mail?
    12-15-08 06:08 PM
    ill check, thanks
    12-15-08 06:15 PM
    Mine has done this several times. A couple were MMS (picture messages to be exact) and I found them several texts back. My guess (since I got the storm) is they took longer to load to the phone than a text, but what do I know.

The other times it's blinked minutes before I get a new voicemail or MMS, and I think twice now it's continued to blink even after I check everything and nothing is new or unchecked . . . and I often retreat to pulling the battery not wanting to miss an important email/message because the LED is blinking and I dismiss it thinking it's the phone acting up
    12-15-08 06:16 PM
    well, no voicemail, weird
    12-15-08 06:16 PM
    May be worth a shot- check options > screen/keyboard > ensure LED coverage indicator is off.
    12-15-08 06:19 PM
    well, it went away on its own....weirdddd
    12-15-08 06:19 PM
    When WeatherBug updated my location, my red LED would flash (before I deleted it).
    12-15-08 06:27 PM
    mine has stayed flashing after i listen to voicemails. did not do this untill i signed up for visual voicemail.
    12-15-08 06:28 PM
    My Weatherbug makes my LED blink if I have a new weather alert. It happened today due to a new wind chill alert (-40 to -50). As soon as I checked the alert, it stopped blinking.
    12-15-08 06:29 PM
    When WeatherBug updated my location, my red LED would flash (before I deleted it).
    It will do that when there is an alert in your area. You could have just disabled it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 06:30 PM
    Other programs that would trigger the red LED: AIM, Facebook, pretty much anything that has an alert. When the LED was flashing, did you see any type of small icon at the top of the screen near or around the clock?
    12-15-08 06:30 PM
    I have two Blackberry Storms, mine and my wifes. Both of our Red LED lights starting flashing today after receiving voicemails. After we erased the voicemails, the Red LED lights continued to flash. The only thing that would fix it was to do a battery pull on the phones.

I just spent the last hour and a half on the phone with Verizon trying to trouble shoot this problem. They couldn't figure it out and started a trouble ticket. I'll be notified within the next 24-72 hours on how they're going to fix this. The rep that I was speaking to was thinking this is a network issue, not a phone issue.

BTW, we tried uninstalling Visual Voicemail, as well as removing the service on Verizon's end, and then reinstalling it as well re-adding it to my account, but that did not work either.

Hopefully, this gets fixed soon...
    12-15-08 08:27 PM
    Other ones that made my LED blink:

Weatherbug (new update fixed that)
    Facebook update
    Blackberry Messenger received
    12-15-08 08:49 PM
    I have two Blackberry Storms, mine and my wifes. Both of our Red LED lights starting flashing today after receiving voicemails. After we erased the voicemails, the Red LED lights continued to flash. The only thing that would fix it was to do a battery pull on the phones.

I just spent the last hour and a half on the phone with Verizon trying to trouble shoot this problem. They couldn't figure it out and started a trouble ticket. I'll be notified within the next 24-72 hours on how they're going to fix this. The rep that I was speaking to was thinking this is a network issue, not a phone issue.

BTW, we tried uninstalling Visual Voicemail, as well as removing the service on Verizon's end, and then reinstalling it as well re-adding it to my account, but that did not work either.

Hopefully, this gets fixed soon...
    This happened to me today too. Exactly the same. Went away on its own after a while with no explanation. Think the VZW guy might be right, a network thing. Especially if its happening on the same day.
    12-15-08 09:00 PM
    Same thing happens to me, but on my 8820. I usually go to check options > screen/keyboard > LED coverage to off then on again, and it solves my problem.
    12-15-08 09:43 PM
    A weatherbug alert did it to me.
    12-15-08 09:57 PM
    same happen to me 4 times today. is it actually WBG?
    12-15-08 09:58 PM
    I don't have weather bug installed on my phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 10:17 PM
    If you have an email, sms, voice mail, instant message, face book message the red light will blink.

If it is voice mail once you cancel the voice mail it will stop flashing but there is a delay before Verizon's voicemail system cancels the alert.

On one of my old cellphone units it could take as long as 3 hours before it got a signal from verizon to say there was no voicemail and to cancel the alert.

I've seen the same problem on the blackberry in my area with voicemail though it's not been as long a wait before it resets.

When the cellphone kept flashing it's LED we spoke to verizon and they said it depended on how busy the voicemail system is as to how long before it cancels the alert and lets the phone switch off the indicator.
    12-15-08 10:19 PM
    This issue is a software bug. The offending program (whichever it may be) is not clearing the alert. It's up to the application to clear the alert, I have seen it with BBM before. It can often be worked around by just getting another message and clearing the alert (view the message). Hopefully it gets resolved
    12-15-08 10:24 PM
    Often I find a missed call that I have not confirmed in the "message" folder is the guilty party for a red light. I agree with the previous reply that my weather bug app sometimes is updating and causes the red light.

I do wonder why on most phones the red light means battery low, and on the Storm this is signified by a green light. Small thing to pick on, I love this phone and can't wait until I get some music/videos on it. Thanks everyone for helping.

Brad
    12-15-08 10:25 PM
    Weatherbug was the mystery red alert for me
    12-15-08 10:31 PM
    I just cleared mine up by going into my gmail app and read the new mail. I never noticed it before. But it fixed my problem. Weird.
    12-18-08 08:52 AM
    Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same problem. Every time I get a VVM, the red light keeps blinking! Attemting to re-install, which isn't going well...
    12-20-08 12:33 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD