I have a weird effect that appears at random -- something which seems like a burn-in, lighter gradient stripes which are especially visible when the lcd shows uniform grey or blue colors. Seems to go away after I reboot, then reappears for no apparent reason. Phone is month-old, warranty claim would be problematic, since it it's hard to replicate the problem. Anyone had similar issue? Thanks.
    12-27-18 11:47 PM
    Phone is month-old, warranty claim would be problematic, since it it's hard to replicate the problem. Anyone had similar issue? Thanks.
    Warranty claimed wouldn't be problematic. Well, not for that reason at least. The issue has come up across a few devices, so I'm sure they have documented cases of it.
    12-28-18 08:18 AM
    I got it from a reseller who refused to honor the warranty because of this, saying it's a normal thing with LCD, but I know it's not. I've bought a Key2 before.
    So is this a known hardware issue or a software thing? These horizontal "burn-in" lines (visible on the sides of the screen) are randomly appearing and then disappearing and all of a sudden the screen is totally fine.
    12-28-18 10:22 AM
    After examining the issue for a few days, I noticed that the lighter horizontal lines appear after a long display inactivity, for example, after I pick up the phone in the morning. These lines disappear completely after 5-7 minutes of screen use, as if the LCD "warms up" and then it becomes flawless. The lines are back after I leave the phone alone for a few hours and go away quickly after I start using the phone again.
    Tippu Zunaid likes this.
    01-01-19 04:20 AM
    Hello all, I am too facing thesl same issue with my screen. I see lot of horizontal lines after every display inactivity and then it disappears after sometime of usage.
    again lines come after inactivity.
    anyone of knowledge can say if this an LCD hardware issue or some kind of software issue which can be fixed in software update.
    03-02-19 01:52 AM
    And here I thought TCL had *finally* nailed the screens with the release of the KEY2, but guess I was wrong, they still haven't upped their game...
    03-02-19 04:50 PM
    My guess it's a software issue.. I have it on my keyone too.. Try looking in the keyone thread, there are few of us have it..
    03-04-19 07:10 AM
    I cheked the keyone threads but couldn't find any related. could you help us with the link?
    the issue seems to be not too visible when using the device frequently.
    the display flicker/flash is still there and can be noticed. however there seems to be a separate thread for it.
    03-05-19 02:56 PM
    And here I thought TCL had *finally* nailed the screens with the release of the KEY2, but guess I was wrong, they still haven't upped their game...

Yes, design is good but build quality is not as good as when it was blackberry build.
    I have used Z10, Z30, passport silver, Priv, Keyone and now Key2.
    I feel the keyone and key2 build quality is not good as the previous devices.
    03-05-19 03:00 PM
    I cheked the keyone threads but couldn't find any related. could you help us with the link?
    the issue seems to be not too visible when using the device frequently.
    the display flicker/flash is still there and can be noticed. however there seems to be a separate thread for it.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13337311

This is the thread in keyone forum.. are you having the same problem?
    03-05-19 06:55 PM