Seriously... This is starting to irritate me... I was thinking of getting that invishield and cut it into little strips and put them over the gaps on all 4 sides to prevent the dust and lint from getting in there. Don't want the screen over time to be clouded w/ dust and lint from my pockets...anyone else have any methods of covering the gaps?
    12-15-08 01:06 PM
    Get a skin or a screen protector,in the meantime try and keep the gaps clear
    12-15-08 01:08 PM
    I've decided to not put the phone in my pocket... I'm using it constantly anyway - just carry it around.
    12-15-08 01:08 PM
    Yes. Buy another phone.
    12-15-08 01:09 PM
    Am I like the only person on this forum who does not see dust under their screen? Or am I just missing something?
    12-15-08 01:10 PM
    If someone can invent a rubber gasket that fits right inside, I'll buy it today.
    12-15-08 01:22 PM
    Am I like the only person on this forum who does not see dust under their screen? Or am I just missing something?
    I'm not getting dust under the screen either.
    12-15-08 01:24 PM
    I spent ten bucks at Verizon and got a plastic film that goes over the touch screen. It protects the screen from dust and fingerprints and scratches, and all ya gotta do is wipe it off and you're good to go. You can't even tell it's there.
    12-15-08 01:26 PM
    Where do you keep your phone ?

I spent ten bucks at Verizon and got a plastic film that goes over the touch screen. It protects the screen from dust and fingerprints and scratches, and all ya gotta do is wipe it off and you're good to go. You can't even tell it's there.
    screen protectors don't stop the dust from going under the screen... It's not really bad but don't want it to continue.
    Last edited by Jokerz; 12-15-08 at 01:31 PM.
    12-15-08 01:29 PM
    Does water leak in by any chance?
    12-15-08 01:30 PM
    You can always use an air can and blow it ou

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 01:32 PM
    I was thinking about a rubber gasket too. Something that would fit around it, maybe even u shaped to catch liquids to a degree. Something like that would sell like crazy, in my opinion.
    12-15-08 01:32 PM
    Does water leak in by any chance?
    Of course! Is the Storm supposed to be waterproof?
    12-15-08 01:34 PM
    You can always use an air can and blow it ou

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I read in others posts NOT to do this because it can push the dust further in.

Today was the first day I noticed dust / lint near the screen edges. Currently all I have is the BodyGuardz Invisible Shielding and a Hard Case for it, but with the shielding on the phone it no longer fits in the case.

I'm waiting for the rubberized Seido Case to come out and Ill get one of those.
    12-15-08 01:36 PM
    I was thinking about a rubber gasket too. Something that would fit around it, maybe even u shaped to catch liquids to a degree. Something like that would sell like crazy, in my opinion.
    Agreed.

-Pat
    12-15-08 01:37 PM
    Mine is in my pockets all the time and they have the usual lint and even though the outside gets dusty, nothing has ever got under the screen.

Unless you're using an air compressor to blast it off (read: forced inside the Storm), I can't see how it gets under the screen.
    12-15-08 01:37 PM
    I read in others posts NOT to do this because it can push the dust further in.

Today was the first day I noticed dust / lint near the screen edges. Currently all I have is the BodyGuardz Invisible Shielding and a Hard Case for it, but with the shielding on the phone it no longer fits in the case.

I'm waiting for the rubberized Seido Case to come out and Ill get one of those.
    are you sure it is dust under the screen, and not just the edges of the factory installed screen protector getting messed up? not sure if you knew that there was one on there, it's really tough to see. i peeled mine off after i noticed it was getting scratched up.
    12-15-08 01:39 PM
    are you sure it is dust under the screen, and not just the edges of the factory installed screen protector getting messed up? not sure if you knew that there was one on there, it's really tough to see. i peeled mine off after i noticed it was getting scratched up.
    It's dust or lint... I peeled that off when I first got the phone...
    12-15-08 01:45 PM
    Well I personally don't have dust under the screen but I did notice it start going in the gap, and with all the issues people are having it going under I try to clean it out as often as possible.

And yes I did remove the factory installed screen protector (flimsy one).
    12-15-08 01:45 PM
    I can confirm having dust in my screen.

YES IN MY SCREEN. NOT OVER IT. I'm not stupid.
    12-15-08 01:51 PM

?? LoL. Relax.
    12-15-08 01:57 PM

^^^^^^^^

LMFAO
    12-15-08 01:58 PM
    I bought some silicone caulk at the hardware store and then used the caulking gun to fill in the spaces around the screen. Looks great and works well.
    12-15-08 02:03 PM
    Sadly, that gap is the nature of the screen being a large button. In order for the screen to act as intended, there needed to be a gap there. Too tight of a fit and friction from constant motion would become an issue. The gap probably could have been lessened to a very small degree, but the issue of lint in there would still be prevalent.

Could there have been some type of pliable partition manufactured between the screen and phone to prevent this, yes, and I would not be at all surprised to see this if the Storm makes it to a second generation. As it is, it wasn't deemed to be enough of a problem, or never became enough of an issue during R&D to make it into production.

****, if you think about it, the consumer is usually the final phase of R&D on a first generation device. Our feedback is what creates a better device for future models.
    12-15-08 02:04 PM
    I fashioned little black pieces of paper that would fit into the slots. they are unoticable but they keep the screen from moving and you can get a pair of tweezers to pull them out, and it keeps the dust and stuff out while also keeping the screen from moving which was my biggest issue.

it sounds crazy, but the gap on my phone isn't even that big but i am just particular about how i like to have my things and it was one of the things I did first since it bothered me that much.
    12-15-08 02:04 PM
118 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD