is there any way to block a phone number from calling? i can block text msgs from that number, but is blocking a number from calling possible?

-"vzw storm owner"
    12-14-08 01:55 PM
    Allegedly this is not possible with any cell phone. I find the whole thing a little dubious given they can do caller ID, and it's not like cell phones are P2P devices, they go through a switching network same as landline phones.

Anyway, the basic answer is no. Neither Verizon, or any other carrier as I understand it, will block numbers for you. If you presented them with a court order I suspect they would magically find some way to make it happen, but it's probably not worth all the legal fees.

I have heard of services like YouMail that you can set a custom voice mail greeting that makes it seem as if the number has been disconnected. Depending on the intelligence of the person in question, it may or may not work.
    12-14-08 02:04 PM
    Bumping so I can post a URL.
    12-14-08 02:06 PM
    Use a 3rd party app, it will prevent your phone from even ringing if the call matches any of the rules you set. Newest version 2.0 supports the Storm.

antair.com/blackberry/callscreener/
    12-14-08 02:06 PM
    You can just call verizon and tell them to block this number because they are bothering you excessively. I've done it several times with certain numbers I don't want calling. Call *611.
    12-14-08 02:14 PM
    someone correct me if I'm wrong, but seems I heard that VZW can only block a number IF it's in your contact list. And then, only for a certain amount of time. I have not verified this with VZW, but in coming across this OP, it made me recall it.
    12-14-08 02:29 PM
    You can buy iCall Manager Light and block numbers that way. It worked with my 8330, but I don't know if it works with the Storm. You can download the trial and see if it works.
    12-14-08 03:16 PM
    I tried iCall Manager Light and it didn't work right. I'm assuming it's not supported on the storm yet. The functionality of the app might work, but the touchscreen definitely had issues with their latest version (as of last week). Antair Call Screener 2.0 definitely does support the storm, but it's expensive @ $49.99 ;(
    12-14-08 05:47 PM
    3rd party apps allow you to block calls from specific numbers, or private callers etc.
    12-14-08 06:00 PM
    Antair BlackBerry Call Screener - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

that ones a little expensive though. Just go into software and click on communication
    12-14-08 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD