First post!

I have a Bold on o2 in the UK, OS v4.6.162 (platform 4.0.0.155) & cannot display HTML in emails. Similarily all attachments (Jpgs, excel, word etc) allow the "open attachment" procedure but then pops up a warning message "This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device"?

I can however open documents from within the docs to go suite if transfered using the device manager from my PC.

Any help would be most appreciated.
    12-14-08 04:09 AM
    Ensure that you have HTML enabled:
    messages>menu>options>email settings>enable HTML settings

I have issues with documents over 2,900kb (max allowed by RIM servers) might try saving docs to your machine/micro card and view there.
    12-14-08 10:27 AM
    Check your application memory too...
    12-14-08 10:45 AM
    Hi to both of you

HTML is enabled on all three of my email accounts.

Also the application memory is 16.5MB.
    12-14-08 11:09 AM
    Are you on BES? If so, you may need to upgrade the server. You need version 4.1.5 as a minimum for the documents to function to their full potential.
    12-14-08 04:13 PM
    Check your application memory too...
    What's the least amount of memory you are suppose to have? I have 7.8MB
    12-14-08 04:18 PM
    Are you on BES? If so, you may need to upgrade the server. You need version 4.1.5 as a minimum for the documents to function to their full potential.
    I use the Blackberry Internet service.

Done a "Sync" this morning & email footers are now showing as HTML but still cant open attachments
    12-15-08 03:36 AM
    I use the Blackberry Internet service.

Done a "Sync" this morning & email footers are now showing as HTML but still cant open attachments
    Sounds like a stupid question, but you do have the attachment service and documents to go installed don't you and accepted the documents to go agreement when you first open it?

Presuming you have done the above, have you installed the update to documents to go which was released a couple of weeks ago?
    12-15-08 04:55 AM
    Yes ive got the Blackberry Attachment service & registered my Docs to Go.

Ive updated the software this morning however its still showing as v4.6.0.162 (Platform 4.0.0.155)?
    12-15-08 05:29 AM
    When I stated have you updated documents to go, I wasn't referring to the Blackberry os.

What version of documents to go are you running? The latest version is 1.005 (030).

If you've been trying to update the os then I'd suggest a search of this site, as there's things you need to do such as delete the vendor.xml file etc.

Do a google search on 4.6.0.210 if you are looking to update the os.
    12-15-08 09:52 AM
    Making progress!

Ive downloaded the latest Docs to go & some files will now open but not all?

Strange
    12-17-08 02:40 AM
    Solved!

I have four email accounts which deliver mail to my BB however only three are registered on the BIS. These three are able to open all attachment types however my main email account (which isn't on BIS) doesn't.

Looks like the solution is a call to our IT support man after the break.

Thanks everyone for your help.
    12-26-08 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD