After seeing how awesome the Garmin software is I went up to wal mart in search of a cheap mount that will let me use the charging port.

This is in a 2001 4Runner and I travel quite a bit.

I modified it a tiny bit but it works very well. It attaches with a small adhesive pad that can be taken on and off.

The mount itself actually can be removed and or adjusted very easily separate from the adhesive pad part of the device.

Seems like a good deal and I have put some miles on it today.
    12-13-08 04:53 PM
    Nevermind the car mount, lovin' the music selection!

Hahaha no but seriously thats a great deal and excellent for GPS.
    12-13-08 05:11 PM
    Is that the gas light that is on?
    12-13-08 05:19 PM
    Yep, and My girlfriend is on the way over to go see The Day The Earth Stood Still lol!

It's close though so I can get gas later.

I drove around just to watch my storm and garmin software work, does that mean I have mental issues???
    12-13-08 05:21 PM
    Dammit!! I wish I hadn't bought that expensive Garmin just a few months ago!!
    12-13-08 05:23 PM
    Nice setup

Thanks for sharing the picture!
    12-13-08 05:38 PM
    Any pictures of just the mount itself?
    12-13-08 05:41 PM
    Awesome -- I had just looked at this mount yesterday, but wasn't sure it would work.

How do you like it after a few days?

I may have to pick it up today.
    12-16-08 10:30 AM
    Awesome, any chance you can link to it?
    12-16-08 10:42 AM
    I still like it, I broke,bent off the two small clips on the end so I can slide it into the mount further like I wanted to and it works great.

I will try to link it if I can find it.

-Eric
    12-16-08 10:48 AM
    Off subject, but what is that adapter plug you are using? This is my first BB and are there some inexpensive chargers or cables?
    12-16-08 10:51 AM
    Dammit!! I wish I hadn't bought that expensive Garmin just a few months ago!!
    Sell it on eBay.
    12-16-08 10:53 AM
    It is my old razr charger with a mini usb to micro usb adapter.

They are interchangeable.
    12-16-08 10:54 AM
    could someone link this product
    12-16-08 10:54 AM
    I think it is so cheap they dont even list it on their site lol.

I looked for it and could not find it there but it should be on the shelves in the automotive section.

It is in a yellow container.
    12-16-08 11:45 AM
    Check out ProClip Mounting System *-*Choose Your Country. Though they don't yet have a Storm model mount, they should have one soon or you can use one of their universal types.

I'm using one of the for my Sirius sat tuner, and its a clean mounting solution. Example photo from their site:

12-16-08 12:00 PM
    I think it is so cheap they dont even list it on their site lol.

I looked for it and could not find it there but it should be on the shelves in the automotive section.

It is in a yellow container.
    Walmart, unfortunately, has the car and phone mounts in 3-4 different places. I found some in automotive, some with iPod accesories and others (including this one) with cell phone accesories --- so if you don't find it in one section, check in others.
    12-16-08 12:31 PM
    motorola SKN6252
    12-16-08 04:14 PM
    I looked for the mount that the original poster had a picture for. He said it was at Walmart . They had two styles at the walmart where I looked today . One that was too small and had like flippers on it. The other was something like the one he shows but it had chrome on the tops of the holders and a chromed rest at one end. Which I think he said he broke off to provide more room. Oh and he sia id was in a yellow box. Everything in that isle in the automotive section was in a yellow box!

But the one I looked at seemed to be slightly larger holders on it then what he shows. Maybe it is the same. But when I held it next to my storm there was no place to position the holders without it pressing in the buttun next to the USB port and the camera button on the top. So it was a not go for me.

The only was to have it work would be to position in at the far right in landscape mode where there are no ports or buttons but that did not look stable. Might work in portrait mode but I wanted landscape like he shows.

I would love to see another picture of it without the phone in place so wee can see how it is connected and what the base looks like.

The one I looked at was a suction style one for the window with a flex arm, so it must not be the same thing as what he has.
    Also it was 7.89 no 5.36 so obviously different I guess.

I can not see how his does not interfere with the bottom convinence button.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 12-21-08 at 01:46 AM.
    12-21-08 01:39 AM
    Check out ProClip Mounting System *-*Choose Your Country. Though they don't yet have a Storm model mount, they should have one soon or you can use one of their universal types.

I'm using one of the for my Sirius sat tuner, and its a clean mounting solution. Example photo from their site:

Holy Sh$t. Talk about fully loaded. Too bad all of the devices in their are outdated and suck. Can you imagine getting in someone's car and seeing that? Lol
    I'm going to go check out that mount tomorrow. I'll take a pic and post it if someone doesn't post sooner
    12-21-08 01:46 AM
    I was just getting around to looking for something to serve as a mount for by storm, and I figure this is a good starting point...
    12-21-08 02:37 AM
    Holy Sh$t. Talk about fully loaded. Too bad all of the devices in their are outdated and suck. Can you imagine getting in someone's car and seeing that? Lol
    I'm going to go check out that mount tomorrow. I'll take a pic and post it if someone doesn't post sooner
    Yeah I would just laugh at them and then show them my STORM that replaces all of the crap they have all over their car!
    12-21-08 02:48 AM
    I bought my mount from walmart. It wasn't one describe. I found it by the gps stuff. Its universal and fits the storm really nice. You can rotate it in any way you want. Not a bad $20 investment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 03:19 AM
    Thanks.I have a 97 4runner and this helps a lot if I can find the thing in my walmart (malwart). My celica is not an issue but the 4runner doesn't have much room to mount stuff.
    12-21-08 07:59 AM
    I had one of those mounts for my cell phone a couple of years ago attached to a heating vent. It worked well, but once during the winter my LG 8700 went into "carkit mode" which means something happened to the phone. In my case, it was 15 deg. outside and I had the heat on high and overheated the phone!

I'm looking for a decent mount for my car still, although I've found the Storm charging pod sits very nice and stable on my dashboard, and thats without anything holding it in place because it has that no-skid bottom on it.

I am also still looking for something to set my Storm in for motorcycle riding and using my VZVavigator. Any recommendations?
    12-21-08 08:19 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD