So i followed instructions from the BB website and everything
    I DLed it to my CPU
    It was almost done
    AND then, while the curve was connected to the USB, the hourglass came up and all of a sudden it stopped loading and said something about how it couldnt load or something and said the loader backup was sent to my documents (where i can see it)
    So i took out the battery for my BB curve, then replaced it, and now all i see is a BLANK WHITE SCREEN!
    I need help asap
    I backed up everything before i even touched the new O.S
    Is there anything i can do to fix this? I really need my curve to get back on track
    Thanks
    12-13-08 04:50 PM
    12-13-08 05:03 PM
    So i have to mess with the configuration of my cpu??
    Last time i did that, my whole cpu messed up.
    12-13-08 05:10 PM
    and also, will i lose Jivetalk?? Like will i have to pay again??
    12-13-08 05:11 PM
    No, it should at the end of the upgrade, restore all your settings and apps, you will just have to activate your apps again
    12-13-08 05:21 PM
    Opps .... That does happen on occasion. The most common casuse is a problem with the USB ports. BlackBerry has published a paper that discusses Troubleshooting USB.

View Document

If this still does not help, try a different computer.
    12-13-08 05:22 PM
    The link above wants me to mess with teh configuration of my CPU
    Will my cpu mess up if i do so?
    I need help asap
    12-13-08 05:24 PM
    Lets see if we can figure this out.

You were following the instructions when you got the error message. The message said something like "Unable to reconnect during a multistage ....".

That means the USB port, and the link will help you troubleshoot the problem.

First step, unplug any other USB devices and connect directly to the USB port on your computer. Try the upgrade again.
    12-13-08 05:34 PM
    UPDATE:
    I let my curve sit there for a while and eventually it came back to the main screen..Now its not finished downloading the new OS so i plugged it back in to finish. Now its stuck on the part where it says "profiles" (above "restoring databases")...It seems as if the bars arent moving..ANY TIPS??

I know that the new OS is partially on my curve because when it went back to the main screen, there was an icon that said "video recorder"
    ANYTHING I SHOULD DO?

(and the hourglass on my screen is still on)

EDIT
    Now on my Curve Screen its saying
    ERROR 552 and an option to reset

Help please
    Last edited by BBcurve1991; 12-13-08 at 06:53 PM.
    12-13-08 06:48 PM
    I found this in google re: 552 error

"You need to reload the OS on your BB. This thread will walk you through it -

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    12-13-08 07:10 PM
    OK but the thing is..My Curve isnt permamntly on that white screen
    I resetted it and as i go to the ABOUT section..It says (4.5 etc)
    But i dont think it ALL downloaded to my phone
    ANY TIPS?
    Last edited by BBcurve1991; 12-13-08 at 07:28 PM.
    12-13-08 07:25 PM
    So reset it and see what happens.
    12-13-08 07:27 PM
    ^ just did
    I resetted it and as i go to the ABOUT section..It says (4.5 etc)
    i have video cam etc
    But i dont think it ALL downloaded to my phone seeing that it was cancelled midway
    12-13-08 07:29 PM
    What do you mean "all"?

Open up dm, and check off what you want to install now,
    12-13-08 07:30 PM
    Wipe the phone and start over.
    12-13-08 07:32 PM
    What do you mean "all"?

Open up dm, and check off what you want to install now,
    Its like, i was midway in downloading every part of the 4.5 OS to my curve
    ex

Profiles
    [||||||| ]

Restoring databases
    [|||||||||||||||| ]

(the boxes are like the loading thing)
    and then the error shows up on my curve
    I reset it (takes a LONG time to get back on track..a blank screen for about 5 minutes)
    I loook through my curve and i see all the important stuff (phone,adress book, jivetalk, video camera etc..i even go to the ABOUT section and i see it says 4.5 OS)
    But i KNOW that everything wasnt loaded on to it because it stopped midway
    so i wanted to know if theres a way i can find out what im missing and how i can get it back on track
    Thanks for your help so far
    12-13-08 07:38 PM
    If everything is there that was there before, then it loaded, I would just watch it for the next day or too for any out of the ordinary issues,

to be certain, you can always now do a restore from a previous back up, but Id say as long as you recognise all thats there now, from earlier, Id leave it alone for a bit, see how it is.

IMO
    12-13-08 07:40 PM
    Did you backup your device and backup 3rd party apps like it says in the upgrade/downgrade procedure found in the forums? If you did, I would consider wiping the phone and starting over with the OS install, then restore from your previous backups. It sounds like your phone is a mess, if you unplugged it in the middle of an install or it had an error midway I'm surprised its running.
    12-13-08 07:41 PM
    My first upgrade on this OS, had the same thing though, I got a fatal error at the beginning, and so I had to force it to reload, it loaded fine in the end, yes, I had to reload all my apps back on because of it, and add back BBM etc, but it worked.

Then i simply restored all my settings from an earlier update.

But, the choice is yours.
    12-13-08 07:44 PM
    So what would be the best thing for me to do??
    Should i just clean it out like you posted in the link before?

but after im done with that, will the 4.5 OS be an option(in the application wizard) at the end for me to put on my phone?
    12-13-08 07:49 PM
    The BEST thing, would be to downgrade to the previous OS, then upgrade back to this one.

Uninstall this one, install the other, load.

Uninstall the old one, install the new one, load.

But, like I said.. the choice is yours.
    12-13-08 07:52 PM
    how do i downgrade then upgrade??
    12-13-08 08:02 PM
    12-13-08 08:04 PM
    any other tips?
    12-13-08 08:16 PM
    Go to that link, and wipe with jl_cmdr, reinstall the OS. DON'T interrupt the update, if your blackberry displays a white screen for 15 minutes, it's normal. If you created a backup the first time, restore using it. If you backed up 3rd party apps, restore following the instructions found here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

If your phone seems to be working, even though the update didn't finish, then I'd say do what rachel said and give it a day or two and figure out what modules are missing. But I have a feeling if it stopped as early as you are saying that many things aren't going to work properly unless you reload the OS.
    12-13-08 08:22 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD