In some ways I'm sad to see it go. Overall, I feel relieved.

Was a cool phone, a novel idea with the clicking screen, but really what it comes down to is that it's not an iPhone.

Too many moving parts, I didn't feel like it was going to last long and felt like I had to baby it. Having it after 2 weeks I found dust/fuzzy things under the entire screen piece and/or between the glass and the screen. My clicking was different on the outside and the middle (clicking on the corners was tough to do). The button was inconsistent sounding itself as well -- every once in a while it was a crunchy sound when it clicked and sometimes it just had a weird feel to it. Also, it was heavy/thick in my pocket, and when I took it out (or if some bag was on my lap) I felt like I had to be extremely delicate with it because of the button under the screen. I also hated how easy it was clicking while inside of my pockets (even if it didn't actually click anything, just very annoying that the screen was making loud-ish noise, and was worried about it being damaged). It also automatically restarted on me a couple of times, which was very annoying. I am assuming that was hardware, but I have no idea. All of these problems made me feel that in way less than two years time, I'd be sick of the phone.

And maybe I have OCD, but these things bothered me. A lot.

The iPhone doesn't have that many moving parts. It's simple. I've had ipods since they came out, love what Apple makes. Maybe they'll put the clicking into their devices at some point, I think there could be a real use to it and I liked that, but this phone just seemed fragile, and I think maybe RIM's second version, or another companies version could make marked improvements.

I'm going to switch back to my POS krzr, where I don't need to worry about the screen clicking in my pants, dust under the screen, etc, all while saving the money. I'll keep my eye out for other Blackberries. The 8330 Curve is nice but outdated at this point, the 8900 curve that should be out looks real nice. Or maybe I'll wait for Storm 2.
    Last edited by jacobstusa; 12-13-08 at 04:14 PM.
    12-13-08 04:08 PM
    K.

---------
    12-13-08 04:19 PM
    no one cares.

Sorry, but its true.
    12-13-08 04:47 PM
    Hopefully this helps others make their decisions.
    12-13-08 04:55 PM
    no one cares.

Sorry, but its true.
    no need to be an *******
    12-13-08 04:59 PM
    Sorry it didn't work out but thank you for at least a well thought out explanation instead of what is usually posted.
    12-13-08 05:03 PM
    ...it's not an iPhone...
    Thank goodness for that.

-SR-
    12-13-08 05:03 PM
    Best time to fix an error is right after you make it. You thought it out and that is all one can do. I would disagree that the Curve is outdated but it all depends on waht you are looking for. Good luck.
    12-13-08 05:08 PM
    Hope everything works out for you. Take care and enjoy yourself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 05:18 PM
    You should really give the curve a go- I think because its not shiny like the Bold or Storm people think it looks old- I went back to my Curve and love it- besides if you don't like it you can always exchange it right? The Curve is like old reliable to me Now I will just hang out with my cool Curve until Verizon releases the Niagara.
    12-13-08 05:40 PM
    Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's not an iPhone.
    12-13-08 05:41 PM

Was a cool phone, a novel idea with the clicking screen, but really what it comes down to is that it's not an iPhone.

Too many moving parts, I didn't feel like it was going to last long and felt like I had to baby it. Having it after 2 weeks I found dust/fuzzy things under the entire screen piece and/or between the glass and the screen. My clicking was different on the outside and the middle (clicking on the corners was tough to do). The button was inconsistent sounding itself as well -- every once in a while it was a crunchy sound when it clicked and sometimes it just had a weird feel to it. Also, it was heavy/thick in my pocket, and when I took it out (or if some bag was on my lap) I felt like I had to be extremely delicate with it because of the button under the screen. I also hated how easy it was clicking while inside of my pockets (even if it didn't actually click anything, just very annoying that the screen was making loud-ish noise, and was worried about it being damaged). It also automatically restarted on me a couple of times, which was very annoying. I am assuming that was hardware, but I have no idea. All of these problems made me feel that in way less than two years time, I'd be sick of the phone.

The iPhone doesn't have that many moving parts. It's simple. I've had ipods since they came out, love what Apple makes. Maybe they'll put the clicking into their devices at some point, I think there could be a real use to it and I liked that, but this phone just seemed fragile, and I think maybe RIM's second version, or another companies version could make marked improvements.

I'm going to switch back to my POS krzr, where I don't need to worry about the screen clicking in my pants, dust under the screen, etc, all while saving the money. I'll keep my eye out for other Blackberries. The 8330 Curve is nice but outdated at this point, the 8900 curve that should be out looks real nice. Or maybe I'll wait for Storm 2.
    Its very true that you have to pick what you want.. as I am sad that you will no longer be a storm user.. its your money. I am happy to see that you didn't just leave to leave and it is in fact a quality phone your looking for.. that supports your needs..

the people who get annoying are the ones who come and say HEY YOUR STORM BLOWS I TOOK IT BACK AND GOT A NEETO IPHONE BECAUSE..

its not annoying that they got a iphone its anoying that there trying to use it to make us mad or jealous..

Good luck in your adventure to find a phone for you!
    12-13-08 05:46 PM

I'm going to switch back to my POS krzr, where I don't need to worry about the screen clicking in my pants, dust under the sc etc, all while saving the money. I'll keep my eye out for other Blackberries. The 8330 Curve is nice but outdated at this point, the 8900 curve that should be out looks real nice. Or maybe I'll wait for Storm 2.
    Bye, Bye. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!
    12-13-08 07:24 PM
    Thank you for your explanation of what it was that you did not like. So many others on here don't bother with that part and it is those people that are pissing so many of us off. If you have a valid reason for not liking the phone then hope you find something that suits your needs with some other phone.

I will say I have had 4 of my friends that have the Razor or Krakr and have had the screen break on them while it was in there pocket. One guys just sat down and the stretch of his jeans cracked it. The other ones actually hit it on something while in there pockets so not sure you can count them or not.
    12-13-08 07:36 PM
    The OP's experience could help other would-be users avoid a similar mistake.

There is no reason to flame the OP for posting a logical explanation for rejecting the phone. Please treat other forum users with the respect you would like for yourself.
    12-13-08 07:42 PM
    the force is strong in that one, you will be back to the darkside soon...
    12-13-08 07:42 PM
    Why do people keep telling me that my phone is not an iPhone I know this, it is a BB and there are fundamental difference between the two. I won't go into them but I don't remember a commercial that tells me it is an iphone what do know is mine works as good as my other BB.
    One thing that does make me curious for someone glad to get rid of the storm you still haven't updated your profile

12-13-08 07:48 PM
    no one cares.

Sorry, but its true.
    lol
    12-13-08 07:49 PM
    He may have been ok had he not said up front....

But its not an IPhone...

He shoulda given where hes from so someone on waiting list knows where there is one avail... :P
    12-13-08 07:53 PM
    .....but really what it comes down to is that it's not an iPhone.
    First, Thank goodness the Storm is not iPhone-esque. If it was, I wouldn't buy it.

Second (and most importantly), I wish the best for you in your future purchases and hopefully you will return to the crackberry family.

Good Luck, bro.....
    12-13-08 08:02 PM
    I just have one question: how on earth is the curve outdated?

12-13-08 08:06 PM
    I just have one question: how on earth is the curve outdated?

It's not. The OP just has no clue what he's talking about.

The Curve blows the IPhone out of the water any day of the week.
    12-13-08 08:10 PM
    until Verizon releases the Niagara.
    which one is that?? sounds cool... I must have it!!!
    12-13-08 08:20 PM
    It's not. The OP just has no clue what he's talking about.

The Curve blows the IPhone out of the water any day of the week.
    Agreed.

Have I ordered the storm? You bet your buns. Will I give it a fair shot? Absolutely. However, because its a new and sparkly device does not mean my 8330 is outdated. My curve works - plain and simple. He*l, I don't even see the pearl as outdated. The memoury issue is a pain, sure, but how many happy pearl users do you think are still out there? Here's your answer: tons.

The storm integrates a cutting edge click screen, has enhanced media funtions, and is just plain cool looking. However, when it comes right down to it, its a blackberry, and it does everything that other blackberries do. Plain and simple. If this makes the 8330 outdated, well, I just don't know...

12-13-08 08:21 PM
    [QUOTE=jeffmvr;1176738The Curve blows the IPhone out of the water any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go as far as saying that, but it is definitely not outdated.
    12-13-08 08:24 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD