Ok I really want to go to the army but cant seem to study on my own nothing sticks. If anybody would be willing to help me out please contact me need to study math and english I took it once and failed passed the rest except the ones that really matter lol.
    12-13-08 02:12 PM
    You can study online- there are tests available. But no worries- you would have to be missing half your brain for the Army to say no, they take everyone. And the fact that you are trying to study shows the army should be begging you to sign.
    12-13-08 02:30 PM
    I've tried the ones online but I noticed that I learn better when somebody explains it and we discuss than me sitting there and trying to teach myself math.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 02:34 PM
    Im sorry you are on the other side of the country or I would sit down with you and go over it. Good Luck!
    12-13-08 02:53 PM
    You Should Go Talk To Your Recuiter.... Many Of Them Will Help You One-on-one... Good Luck...
    12-13-08 03:16 PM
    I have talked to my recruiter and they say they cant do anything to just try and study.
    12-13-08 03:49 PM
    The recruiters suck. Especially the Army ones now that they are bringing in Civilians to do recruiting.
    12-13-08 09:40 PM
    Recruiters get money if the Army takes you in. Tell them that if they wan their bonus to help you.

12-13-08 10:16 PM
    Dont worry 2 much about it, providing U can hold a gun your in these days!
    12-14-08 06:17 AM
    Recruiters get money if the Army takes you in. Tell them that if they wan their bonus to help you.

Really? Since when?

12-14-08 10:13 AM
    Believe it or not its a regular sales job with a quota like any other. I'm not saying they'll get fired but they can be reassigned for not making their numbers.

12-14-08 06:27 PM
    Yep. I had a seargent reassigned from recruiting because he couldn't meet his quotas.

12-14-08 07:48 PM
    On the other hand a recession means ka-ching for them.

12-14-08 08:22 PM
    How exactly does one fail an ASVAB it is basic skills I scored so high the military would not leave me alone until I became disabled. I even had a recruiter call me at work one day ticked my boss off. Then somehow they got my cell number. I had it changed the next day. If you really want to study for it hire a high school tutor and listen closly tell them to speak slow or whatever cause you didn't get it in school.

12-14-08 11:28 PM
    Study for the asvab?! **** I never opened the packet went in and got an 88 on it. Was a machinist mate on submarines for the us navy. I knew some people who scored in the 40's and the navy still took them.

12-16-08 04:31 AM
    I believe that the pass/fail for the armed forces is a 33.

I had to take it for a scholarship program i was in. I scored a 96 on it. That was 10 years ago, and recruiters are STILL calling my parents to see if i was interested.
    12-19-08 09:47 PM
    You can study online- there are tests available. But no worries- you would have to be missing half your brain for the Army to say no, they take everyone. And the fact that you are trying to study shows the army should be begging you to sign.
    Wouldn't you have to be missing half your brain to want to go in the first place??
    12-20-08 12:37 AM
    How exactly does one fail an ASVAB it is basic skills I scored so high the military would not leave me alone until I became disabled. I even had a recruiter call me at work one day ticked my boss off. Then somehow they got my cell number. I had it changed the next day. If you really want to study for it hire a high school tutor and listen closly tell them to speak slow or whatever cause you didn't get it in school.

I beat the regional record when I took my ASVAB, Then decided I didn't want to go.. They called me until I changed cell numbers and moved, I still get a bit of mail every once in a while.
    12-20-08 04:35 AM
    Drop the army and go over to the Marine Recruiters... they will sit down with you and make sure you pass the ASVAB before you go to take it. Trust me.

Semper Fi
    12-20-08 11:26 AM
    I beat the regional record when I took my ASVAB, Then decided I didn't want to go.. They called me until I changed cell numbers and moved, I still get a bit of mail every once in a while.
    I don't know the records or nothin but my high school made it manditory to take the asvab and out of 24 student me and one other not tied for top score in the class. That was in 9th grade it was upper 90s I know. The whole class was done and beggin the man giving the test to stop the timer on each section. He kept saying check your answers you have time to correct any errors. LOL it was a joke to most of the class. Too easy but we got a whole day out of real classes. I got letters from the air force and navy stating I have a reserved invitation to join until I'm 29 but now that I'm disabled they won't take me.

Last edited by luvitlo; 12-20-08 at 11:36 AM.
    12-20-08 11:34 AM
    Drop the army and go over to the Marine Recruiters... they will sit down with you and make sure you pass the ASVAB before you go to take it. Trust me.

Semper Fi
    Marines take care of each other. If you show that you have drive, you'll get the help you need and become a part of the best brotherhood possible.
    12-21-08 12:28 AM
    I still some what regret not enlisting, Though I am still young enough to do so.
    12-21-08 02:45 AM
    Pick up a study book from Barnes and Noble. Before I took mine, my recruiter recommended I purchase the "Master the ASVAB" study book. It came with a few practice tests and some CDs. I didn't really need it, but it did cover everything that was on the test and more. The test is just too easy (I got a 94); don't make it harder than it is.

Which ever branch you choose, make the best of it and you'll have a great experience.

Hooah!
    12-22-08 08:49 AM
    Pick up a study book from Barnes and Noble. Before I took mine, my recruiter recommended I purchase the "Master the ASVAB" study book. It came with a few practice tests and some CDs. I didn't really need it, but it did cover everything that was on the test and more. The test is just too easy (I got a 94); don't make it harder than it is.

Which ever branch you choose, make the best of it and you'll have a great experience.

Hooah!
    Thanks will do.

04-20-09 09:17 PM
    wow havent taken those in over 10 years, i scored a 70, and i didnt study at all, but i would wager a lot has changed in a decade, but its nothing hard or out the way, just testing your basic skills, math reading, problem solving....etc if your in high school and your school has a jrotc program ask the commanding officer over it for a study guide for it, i was in jrotc and they helped us prepare for the test and good luck
    04-21-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD