As many of you may have seen, and many of you have the sae problem, my bluetooth connection kept dropping in my car after about 10 minutes.

After many upgrades and downgrades, I think I've finally got it solved. Upgraded to .210 yesterday and am happy to report that the connection did not drop for the whole 15 minute drive rom work back home. Can it be fixed??? I hope so. I'll keep you updated if anything. Let me kow if anyone els has had success.
    12-13-08 09:01 AM
    Well, I' glad to report that after furthe tests, looks like problem is solved. I know there are some driving jags, volvos and land rvers out thee with the same problem, upgrade to .210! By the way, I also hink this is one of the best OS since I've tried .125 .162 .167 .185 .190 .201
    12-14-08 10:01 AM
    this sound positive hopefully it will all be good now
    12-14-08 10:56 AM
    I'm glad it worked out for you. Seems a lot of people have problems with the built in BT in most of the Ford products out there. There's been a lot of buzz in the iPhone forums about similar problems as well. I have a very intermittant problem in my Acura, but I've found a workaround for it. I'm running .185 BTW.
    12-14-08 02:41 PM
    I'm glad it worked out for you. Seems a lot of people have problems with the built in BT in most of the Ford products out there. There's been a lot of buzz in the iPhone forums about similar problems as well. I have a very intermittant problem in my Acura, but I've found a workaround for it. I'm running .185 BTW.
    What did you do for a workaround? I've experienced the same intermittent problem (with an Audi A4), but I don't think it is the car.

I was having issues with my Bluetooth headsets (Jawbone original, Jawbone 2, BlueAnt V1), and used to think it was the headset...but figured there was no way I could have the same issue with 3 different ones! The phone would show connected to the headset, but the audio would not transfer to it. I had to power cycle the headset for it to re-connect.

My newest headset (BlueAnt V1) with its voice controls, actually reports "connected" to the phone...yet nothing! This was happening with all my headsets after 10-15 minutes of in activity. The frustrating thing was there were other days where there could be no activity for over an hour, yet when a call came in, the headset worked fine!

I'm running the newest release software on my Bold (.216), and have upgraded from the original Rogers release software to each new "official" RIM release...but the problem has followed. Could this be a hardware issue? If so, I should get it changed before the warranty is out.

Has anyone been able to solve this problem?
    02-15-09 10:34 PM
    Problem seems to have come back, at least a bit more regularly. What its doing is connecting to the BT in car. But when I use the HFL (handsfree link) voice prompts to make a call, the car will attempt to tell the phone to dial, and will seemingly time out. Right when the car times out, the phone dials, but by that point the HFL has turned off and the stereo has turned back on. It seems to be a lag issue on the phone's side. I found that if I hit the space bar or something to turn on the phone screen it doesn't do it as often. And after I make one successful call, its fine no matter how long I'm in the car. And once I'm in call, I can use the HFL voice prompts to transfer the audio back to the car.

I'm hoping a newer OS will solve the problem, but I seem to be having some issues with my PC, so I don't trust it enough to do the upgrade right now.

Possibly unrelated, but I noticed that trimming down the size of my inboxes (email and SMS/MMS) did wonders for the phones general responsiveness. Didn't change my amount of free memory, but the phone stopped hourglassing all together and all in all moves a lot faster. I had literally thousands of SMS/MMS messages that I deleted and probably close to a hundred emails. Now I have it set to delete messages once they're 30 days old. Now I just did that the other day, so I can't report if the problem is solved all together, but I'll try to post something in this thread in a few days. I'll be doing a lot of traveling tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of chances to try it out (unless the dealer decides to give me a loaner so I can get an earlier start that is.)
    02-17-09 12:16 AM
    Well, the dealer did give me a loaner. I deleted the pairing info from my phone for my car and paired it to the loaner (was going to have it for 2 days and was going to be on the road a lot, safety first.) The TL loaner seemed to do exactly the same thing as my TSX. I know they're both Acuras, but the systems are different enough (the 09 TL supports BT stereo audio and phonebook import, but my 08 TSX does not) that I'm led to believe its a problem with the phone, not the HFL system.

Now that my PC is running somewhat reliably, I might try to upgrade to a new OS tonight to see if that solves the problem. I haven't used the system in my car since I re-paired it (I deleted my phone from both cars, and deleted the pairing info from the TL from the phone before I started again) so I can't comment on whether or not that fixed my problem, but based on the issues with TL, I'm going to guess it didn't. I'll update when I have something new to update on.
    02-20-09 08:01 AM
    Since upgrading I've had no problems, I suggest trying .210
    02-20-09 08:13 AM
    I have synced my bold to an 08 acura rl, 09 volvo xc, 08 sti using .167 .216 .221 I have had ZERO issues with call quality or connection issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 08:59 AM
    I have a BMW 745li and never had a problem. Thankfully!! I had enuff issues with the bluetooth itself getting paired to the car!!
    02-20-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD