The perfect phone....... I'd like to start a thread that Blackberry, Apple, Google, etc, would read and just say "ah, I get it now!!". After reading posts here for a while now and also listening to podcasts like Leo Laporte and Engadget, each brand of phone has lots of good and bad points. I love my Curve to death and I can't believe that the new generation of Curves don't have 3G! What it have been that hard to add that? (I know, it's a Bold, but I love the size of a Curve.) I'm curious to see what basics we would put into a super phone if we could build one....

For me, it would be a thin Storm, but with a slide out keyboard like the G1 (but not as ugly!). It would be able to have access to games and apps like the iPhone and a good battery life. Is that SO hard to make?

So weigh in. What would this phone have to have to be "the one"??
    12-12-08 02:41 PM
    Enabled Wi-Fi and GPS
    12-12-08 03:02 PM
    I love my bold! I loved my 8820 until I got my bold... now... its the bold
    12-12-08 03:20 PM
    I'm perfectly happy with my bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 07:27 PM
    The perfect phone, for some its the touch screen for others it's a key board. The perfect phone is the one that meets your needs.
    Last edited by bellxx; 12-12-08 at 08:13 PM. Reason: typo
    12-12-08 08:12 PM
    The Perfect phone for me is My bold!

Charlie
    12-12-08 10:03 PM
    "Ahem" blackberry and apple are not the end all be all, the G1 has a cheap feel and a brand new buggy Android OS no thanks i will wait for the next gen, i love HTC but they offer way better phones IMO>
    these are good phones maybe in the 300$ range but there are a lot of new high tech phones comming to the states that can be purchased as unlocked world phones. my nokia 5700 i got 2 years ago had features still not available on current us networks.. it seems like you are just speaking of the ones that are mostly marketed to the U.S. which has one of the worst cell networks, other countries have 4g networks already while it seems like we are still struggling to roll out 3g. Also many other features like video calling and unlimited media and calling packages for quite a while

my first choice would be>>

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1
    siiiiiiick siiiiick sick phone! everything you need, full browser, apps, touchscreen, keyboard, slider and absolutely every feature available+10hrs of TALK TIME OMG!!!>
    Xperia X1 from Sony Ericsson

second>> again an amazing choice
    HTC touch-HD

General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
    Announced 2008, September
    Status Available. Released 2008, November
    Size Dimensions 115 x 62.8 x 12 mm
    Weight 146 g
    Display Type TFT touchscreen, 65K colors
    Size 480 x 800 pixels, 3.8 inches
    - TouchFLO 3D finger swipe navigation
    - Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
    - Touch-sensitive navigation controls
    - Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
    - Handwriting recognition
    Ringtones Type Polyphonic (40 channels), MP3, WAV, WMA
    Customization Download, order now
    Vibration Yes
    Memory Phonebook Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
    Call records Practically unlimited
    Card slot microSD (TransFlash), buy memory
    - 288 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM
    - Qualcomm MSM7201A 528 Mhz processor
    Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
    HSCSD No
    EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps
    3G HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps
    WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
    Bluetooth Yes, v2.0 with A2DP
    Infrared port No
    USB Yes, miniUSB
    Features OS Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
    Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
    Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML
    Games Yes, order now
    Colors Black
    Camera 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, video(CIF@30fps), secondary VGA videocall camera
    - Built-in GPS receiver
    - A-GPS function
    - 3.5 mm audio output jack
    - YouTube client
    - Stereo FM radio with RDS
    - Pocket Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, PDF viewer)
    - Java MIDP 2.0
    - Voice memo
    - MP3 player
    - Built-in handsfree
    Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1350 mAh
    Stand-by Up to 450 h
    Talk time Up to 6 h 30 min

HTC Touch HD is simply the next big thing in the Windows Mobile realm. And big is by no means limited to size. Indeed, the handset does come out a little too hefty but the feature pack is the kind to make you forget about size. The massive screen and so-unlike-WinMo multimedia skills give HTC Touch HD the kind of crossover appeal to reach beyond the hardcore PocketPC following.

There are options for what you want, need but you gotta pay to play at the moment and if your like me once new features come out i expect my phone to do it. so if you are in the 300$-400$ range i do enjoy the Iphone. always updated and the app store kills. once jailbroken there are no limits- mms, landscape sms, copy and paste, whatever you want but its on the hush usually and people think it will mess it up if you hack the OS which is not true. it does nothing to someone that has any sort of knowledge and has a bit of time to pay attention to what they are doing.. there will always be something new that you cant do with your phone that some other one can lol.. it sucks!
    Last edited by acidbaby; 12-12-08 at 10:47 PM.
    12-12-08 10:31 PM
    Hmm, yes the HTC Touch HD makes my mouth water. That screen! I have to say though, after seeing the Palm Pre, I'm pretty impressed. I just wish it had a screen that matched the HD. I personally love a big touchscreen and have found that with a good soft keyboard, I have no need for a physical keyboard.

So let's see, the perfect phone...

Honestly if you could mix the finer points of the Palm Pre, HD, and iPhone, I would pretty much be in heaven.

With a screen as large and lovely as the HD's, I wouldn't need a physical keyboard. External memory would be really nice; a camera with a flash; obviously gps and wifi; add in the ease of email syncing that Blackberry provides, and I'd be a happy camper.
    01-16-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD