After AT&T forced my Q10 to update to 10.2 a few years ago I haven't been able to access the Amazon App store. Besides scrambling up the order of the tiles for all of my apps & taking all of my contacts apart & duplicating nearly every one 2 or 3 times with home number in 1st, cell in 2nd and email in 3rd the other thing that annoyed me was it made the Amazon app store vanish. I just happened to find the APK for it in my downloads but my when I go to the app manager my BlackBerry won't let me allow installation of apps from other sources! It won't allow me to change it. It says "Installing apps from other sources is turned off by your administrator". But I have a stand alone BlackBerry so there isn't an administrator besides me!

Is there a way to change this?? I haven't installed an app from elsewhere for years, but I thought I remembered that while not often a wise decision I USED to have autonomy to make the choice. Ideas?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    05-21-18 10:56 PM
    After AT&T forced my Q10 to update to 10.2 a few years ago I haven't been able to access the Amazon App store. Besides scrambling up the order of the tiles for all of my apps & taking all of my contacts apart & duplicating nearly every one 2 or 3 times with home number in 1st, cell in 2nd and email in 3rd the other thing that annoyed me was it made the Amazon app store vanish. I just happened to find the APK for it in my downloads but my when I go to the app manager my BlackBerry won't let me allow installation of apps from other sources! It won't allow me to change it. It says "Installing apps from other sources is turned off by your administrator". But I have a stand alone BlackBerry so there isn't an administrator besides me!

Is there a way to change this?? I haven't installed an app from elsewhere for years, but I thought I remembered that while not often a wise decision I USED to have autonomy to make the choice. Ideas?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    Your device is confused. Run an autoloader.
    05-21-18 11:14 PM