Hey Everyone
    I was curious because I've heard mixed reviews about Viigo Beta, do you use it on your bold? If so have you had any problems, if so what?
    I put it on yesterday and it seemed to affect my 3G but I've just recently upgraded to os.210 so maybe it was just .167 being sketchy 3G. Anyways any help I'd love
    12-12-08 11:35 AM
    I have had Viigo on my bold for about 2 weeks now and hardly use it. It doesn't do what I thought it would do as far as customization. I usually get the information I need through the traditional methods such as certain websites. I think it's just wasting space for me now.

As far as it using a lot of bandwidth and slowing down your 3G, it's probably because it is running in the background. If you check your currently running applications by holding down alt and pressing the ESC button you will see what is running. Then you have to go through and close each program and this should speed up your process.
    12-12-08 11:40 AM
    I have had Viigo on my bold for about 2 weeks now and hardly use it. It doesn't do what I thought it would do as far as customization. I usually get the information I need through the traditional methods such as certain websites. I think it's just wasting space for me now.

As far as it using a lot of bandwidth and slowing down your 3G, it's probably because it is running in the background. If you check your currently running applications by holding down alt and pressing the ESC button you will see what is running. Then you have to go through and close each program and this should speed up your process.

Well I've used Viigo for as long as I can remember I've had a BB but I am more curious about the Beta version. But I'll definitely try your trick, I never thought of that. Thanks
    12-12-08 11:42 AM
    I'm also on .210 and have the viigo beta. I have it set to not run in the background when I close it. Just go to options, Application Settings, and set move to background on close to no.

Hope this helps.
    12-12-08 11:45 AM
    Hey Everyone
    I was curious because I've heard mixed reviews about Viigo Beta, do you use it on your bold? If so have you had any problems, if so what?
    I put it on yesterday and it seemed to affect my 3G but I've just recently upgraded to os.210 so maybe it was just .167 being sketchy 3G. Anyways any help I'd love
    kayla, where u been?

I use it on my bold, but after I am done reading what I need, I make sure to close it out. Keeps the free memory and device running smooth. Never have a problem with it.

hit me up and will talk
    12-12-08 11:48 AM
    kayla, where u been?

I use it on my bold, but after I am done reading what I need, I make sure to close it out. Keeps the free memory and device running smooth. Never have a problem with it.

hit me up and will talk
    Hey I know I've been MIA for quite some time haha. That's what happens when exams are near

I'll definitely try that out though. thanks
    12-12-08 11:49 AM
    There's a new version out which I'm using now, but I had Viigo Beta for a few months before & it ran fine for me. I saw a lot of people on here complaining about it, but I never had any problems.
    12-12-08 12:03 PM
    "aiyo baby, glad my tip wurked out forcha. hit me up hottie"
    12-12-08 12:19 PM
    I'm also on .210 and have the viigo beta. I have it set to not run in the background when I close it. Just go to options, Application Settings, and set move to background on close to no.

Hope this helps.
    Second that. Don't let it run in the background. That is the key. Viigo rocks!!!
    12-12-08 02:04 PM
    Is this just a bold issue? I have the Viigo private beta on my curve and always have it running in the bg. Never have any memory issues.
    12-12-08 02:28 PM
    Downloading the beta now, gonna give it a shot.
    12-12-08 02:43 PM
    I'm having font issues. Not sure if it's Viigo Beta or the new OS builds (.244/.245) anyone else having problems?
    03-02-09 06:20 PM
    might be the new betas.
    03-02-09 09:28 PM
    I have viigo. But I have it set to only update when I open it. That way it doesn't drain my battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 09:48 PM
    and set viigo NOT to "move to background on close"
    03-02-09 10:04 PM
    I have Viigo running all the time, don't have problems, and even when running, I still have a battery life that beats my moto, so alls cool
    Its pretty customizable ^.^ I have certain web comic RSS feeds on it and I love it.
    03-02-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD