Firstly, I love the KEYone, and can’t imagine using any other phone. However the offensive things that have happened to me since March 22 with my warranty claim are beyond belief.

I have only experienced a similar customer service issue 10 years ago when Directv had me on the phone for 28 hours total on calls over a month for a sports blackout problem that was their fault.

There appears to be serious integrity problems with the way the BB repair center handles claims, and I know I’m not alone given the Amazon reviews I’ve seen.

Here is my story (which is still ongoing).

One day, whilst my KEYone was simply in my pocket at a meeting, the enter key fell off. Indeed, the enter key was found in my pocket. So there was no drop, water damage or any bump.

I created a warranty claim and sent my phone and loose enter key (in a freezer bag) in, taking photos before shipping as I always do.

I was told by BB that as long as the phone showed no damage, it would be covered under warranty. Knowing there was no damage, I was happy to send it in.

After going several days past the promised 7-10(?) business day response time, my warranty claim was rejected. They said “there was damage”, but provided no description of what that was or photos showing the damage.

I protested and requested evidence of their statement, or even a description of the damage, and was provided none. There is no way to contact the repair center, and no recourse for appeal. Even the call center can only reach them via email, which takes days of back and forth.

They wanted to charge me $100 to reattach one key. No thanks, so I canceled the claim and just wanted my phone and enter key back. (Weeks have gone by, at this point).

When I received the phone, it looked like it had been run over by a truck: Dirty, the back was separated in several spots. And they had not returned my loose enter key. Due to the reasonable packing, it looked like the damage did not occur in transit, but who knows.

I contacted BB to state that my phone is heavily damaged, and the enter key was not returned. Back to the repair center for a response - standard 3 day wait. No response.

This week I have called them every day, and been told two things every time:
    1. My concerns have been escalated
    2. I will get a call back the next day. I have not received one call back.

Each time I’ve called this week i’ve received more information. In one case, the notes said “there was water damage”. (Impossible).

THE KICKER TODAY: I was told that the repair center received the phone from me (35 days ago now) in the destroyed state that they sent it to me in!!

Luckily I always take photos of the phone before shipping off. So I have proof, but it is unbelievable that I should even have to, since any reputable company tracks the condition and movement of a phone throughout a support process. The repair center’s photos sent to me on the portal do not even show the damage they accused me of sending it to them with. They never documented the trashed condition of the phone on receipt (because it was in near perfect condition).

I have essentially been accused of lying and causing damage to my phone a) for the initial key falling off and b) the phone now being trashed during either BB handling or Fedex shipping. If Fedex caused the damage, BB has to initiate the insurance claim - I am not allowed to since I’m the receiver. Yet so far BB has not even been willing to initiate a claim against Fedex. They’d prefer to say I caused the damage 35 days ago before I sent the phone.

The call center has been very kind, but unhelpful. Every day is a new escalation that goes nowhere.

The call center has even hinted that things are in very bad shape with the repair center issues - and it is happening to a lot of customers.

So, when I say I’m leaving BlackBerry, it is not flippant. They don’t stand by their products. I don’t know what phone I’ll use now. Perhaps the new Palms will be an option, but will likely suffer the same support and quality issues being the same parent company.

Thanks for reading. I’ll provide updates on how this all ends up.
    Bbnivende and pdr733 like this.
    04-26-18 11:08 PM
    Can you post your photos before you sent it, photos they sent you of the condition received, and photos of what you received back? It would be interesting to look at, to see when the damage occurred.

We should be hearing from a lot of customers with trashed unrepaired phones soon, given what you've reported.

No sure why you're even considering the new Palm. It runs Android too, and as you noted, from TCL.
    04-27-18 12:27 AM
    Any reputable OEM should never ever make a customer go through this. Especially one with an already semi-broken brand name like BlackBerry.

Honestly I wouldn't blame OP for jumping ship at this point, it's almost like they're asking for it. But I love typing on keys so much that'd I'd go through alot to keep a PKB. (Also had issues with an BB certified Alcatel repair shop and my first KEYone.)

Based on OP's post, the top 2 priority things BBMo should do:

1. Seriously step up their customer repair service, make it professional, and consistent throughout the globe. Stop cheapening out, when a customer sends a phone in with an obvious factory defect, no bs excuses, repair his phone, it shouldn't cost too much in time/labor/parts, and make 1 more person happy who would then be likely to spread a good workd about BB, something which OP here won't do, understandably.

2. Stop making keyboards with individually glued keys. Get inspired from the Priv, make it one piece, it's more reliable and it can be IP67 rated.
    04-27-18 01:10 AM
    this happened to me as well in Switzerland. sent my phone for repair once my screen fell of. came back dirty, squeecky sounds when the phone vibrates and space bar pushed in (damaged). the process of returning and calling was too long so just kept the phone. absolutely ridiculous.
    04-27-18 01:54 AM
    Try reaching them on Twitter with your concern.
    They do need to get their After sales service in order to stop these horror stories from happening.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    04-27-18 02:17 AM
    I had a great experience with BlackBerry Mobile when I had multiple issues with my Dtek 60. They need to work on communication when they send products back. phone sat in cold because they never told me it was coming.

customer service is bad every where... I never had an iPhone but I heard they have decent customer service. Lg, Huawei and other OEM'S have issues also. These OEM's do not want to spend money to fix stuff... if they can they will put it back on customer
    04-27-18 11:29 AM
    I had a great experience with BlackBerry Mobile when I had multiple issues with my Dtek 60. They need to work on communication when they send products back. phone sat in cold because they never told me it was coming.

customer service is bad every where... I never had an iPhone but I heard they have decent customer service. Lg, Huawei and other OEM'S have issues also. These OEM's do not want to spend money to fix stuff... if they can they will put it back on customer
    Apple service is awful, they try as hard as they can to get you to buy a new phone for simple issues they could easily fix if they wanted to. They don't fix things until they get sued.
    04-27-18 12:21 PM
    Apple service is awful, they try as hard as they can to get you to buy a new phone for simple issues they could easily fix if they wanted to. They don't fix things until they get sued.
    Yeah, that is not cool on Apple's part.
    04-27-18 02:27 PM
    I am very sorry for your bad experience. I hope Kevin or Blaz1ze can help you somehow to get attention from BB Mobile. What happened to you may happen to anybody else, and for a kind of premium device this is not tollerable.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-18 02:54 PM
    I have always had stellar service from Apple , online (new app), by phone or in person. Google has decent after service but not in person.

I expect that BlackBerry is on par with other Android phones.
    04-27-18 03:13 PM
    i had to send in both of my keyone's for warranty repairs.
    - fingerprint reader not working anymore
    - screen lift issue on one keyone
    - screen lift issue on second keyone

with every support case it took 5 days to get it fixed and sent back in perfectly fresh conditions even with foils on the cleaned display and camera lenses attached. all of the repairs were done by sertronics in switzerland which is the official repair partner if you buy the keyone from digitec.ch.
    04-27-18 03:41 PM
    That's not true, I have had a screen replaced on a 3GS iphone free from Apple, It was our first iPhone and my wife dropped it the first day she had it, we got it at best buy and they said they couldn't do anything but we should check out the Apple Store. They took pity on us and replaced the screen for free. I know they charge now, but it's less than $100 and they get it back to you in an hour (my kids have each had broken screens) I had my wife's IPhone 6 plus replaced in less than an hour, because of a bend issue and I just had my daughters battery replaced for $30 on her iPhone 6 in less than an hour. At all times the Apple store staff was great. And I've used three different Apple Stores and I've been happy with them all.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-27-18 03:46 PM
    Apple still has top customer service.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-18 03:47 PM
    Saddest part is that a minuscule drop of super glue would have put the key back on and you would have avoided this nightmare they have bestowed upon you.
    04-27-18 04:46 PM
    Any reputable OEM should never ever make a customer go through this. Especially one with an already semi-broken brand name like BlackBerry.

Honestly I wouldn't blame OP for jumping ship at this point, it's almost like they're asking for it. But I love typing on keys so much that'd I'd go through alot to keep a PKB. (Also had issues with an BB certified Alcatel repair shop and my first KEYone.)

Based on OP's post, the top 2 priority things BBMo should do:

1. Seriously step up their customer repair service, make it professional, and consistent throughout the globe. Stop cheapening out, when a customer sends a phone in with an obvious factory defect, no bs excuses, repair his phone, it shouldn't cost too much in time/labor/parts, and make 1 more person happy who would then be likely to spread a good workd about BB, something which OP here won't do, understandably.

2. Stop making keyboards with individually glued keys. Get inspired from the Priv, make it one piece, it's more reliable and it can be IP67 rated.
    *it would be nice if the they came out with a 1-piece replacement key pad, going forward, for the KeyOne.*
    04-28-18 01:21 PM
    Apple still has top customer service.

Posted via CB10
    When Apple can't fix a $10,000 Mac Pro, and the Apple Certified 3rd party repair shops can't do the repair either because of a certification they can't get since it doesn't yet exist.
    krazyatom likes this.
    04-28-18 02:29 PM
    When Apple can't fix a $10,000 Mac Pro, and the Apple Certified 3rd party repair shops can't do the repair either because of a certification they can't get since it doesn't yet exist.
    Sorry to hear that. So you stopped using mac pro?
    04-28-18 03:19 PM
    Sorry to hear that. So you stopped using mac pro?
    It didn't happen to me. I wouldn't pay $10,000 for a Mac. Not with the way they build their computers or handle their repairs. I've always built my PC's. The only thing Apple I use is a Macbook Pro since this particular model isn't riddled with ridiculous flaws like the current generation. (I was also talked into the purchase by a software engineer friend. Mildly regret it.)
    04-28-18 03:36 PM
    I absolutely live in rigid fear of ever having to deal with blackberry for any warranty issue or blackberry mobile for that matter. I don't think I could put up with it and would probably explode when they tried to call me a liar or something worse …
    04-28-18 04:14 PM
    Thanks all. Starting to get some sensible response now from BB management, although I hope the root cause of this customer no service is improved soon. I feel bad for the CSRs who clearly were embarrassed by the messages they had to pass back and forth.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-30-18 08:52 AM
    my case with my dtek60 in Malaysia was couple months ago. I lastly cant stand anymore to the bad battery condition on my unit and sent it to the service centre here in Malaysia somewhere in February. I have reported to them the condition of the phone and asked them to diagnose the battery condition. They even qouted with the price of battery replacement with labour cost let say £ xx.00. To my surprise they contacted me after a week and I thought they are telling my unit is ready for collection. Hahahahaha.... it wasn't of course. They told me they have diagnose and WASNT the battery caused the battery drain on my dtek60. IT WAS DUE TO THE MOTHERBOARD FAULTY. The quoted price is £ xx.00 x 10 now. I almost give up for my dtek60. I even have rejected the next step proposed by them and have arranged time to collect the phone. But after a short long thought, I called back and asked them to change the battery for me instead. Just the battery. As usual, they said this is my choice and they are not going to hold any responsibility for this because it was not as their diagnosis proposal bla bla bla.... but I insisted.

For you guys information, I am still using my dtek till now and the battery life is great till today after almost 2.5 months... 😬
    FF22 and krazyatom like this.
    05-01-18 10:40 AM
    Was the issue ever resolved? I just had to send my Keyone in for mic problems a lot of people have had.
    08-28-18 06:59 PM
    Just horrible service and support if you even can call it that. I always buy used unlocked devices in good shape, with or without any warrenty (depends). I never throw a lot of money on a phone, so the warrenty is not really an issue for me. If it breaks, it breaks.
    Where I live there are no carriers stocking BlackBerry so to even find any repair shops would be difficult.
    08-29-18 01:39 AM