Is there any way to select custom tones for an incoming text message? Just switched from the Storm and this is the only thing that I am wishing I could fo with my new iphone. It's awesome!!
    12-12-08 01:39 AM
    Unless your phone is jailbroken i believe it isnt possible. My iphone is not jailbroken and have just had to settle for the factory tones
    12-12-08 06:52 AM
    I guess you can use ringer tones for messages as well...Check out these cool tones! I loved them !
    12-17-08 02:18 AM
    I guess you can use ringer tones for messages as well...Check out these cool tones! I loved them !
    You can not use ring tones for SMS messages...

Only way to add your own is to jailbreak. Like mentioned above.
    12-17-08 12:11 PM
    I like using phonezoo to get custom ringtones on my non-jailbroken iPhone, however I hate the factory tones I have to use for alarms and texts. Phonezoo can create ringtones in m4r format when you upload mp3's and then all you do is save the m4r ringtone to your computer, and then add the file to your itunes library, and it will auto-sync it to the iPhone the next time you plug in.

Luckily, my phone is on vibrate 90% of the time, and I only hear my alarm in the morning.

During the weekend, I enjoy my Alter Bridge ringtone, but the text tone drives me nuts.
    12-18-08 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD