I gave it a try and REALLLYY tried to love it the phone just isnt right its so slow no standby awkward in our hand its going straight back to VZW and im getting the almighty iphone

but seriously the click feature already broke not just not responsive i can t use half the keyboard!!! not to mention...
    1. slowwww even with update
    2. speakerphone = ****
    3. freezes and locks up "unexpected error" etc.
    4. the curved nature makes it awkward to press "standby" and slip in your pocket
    5. no wifi seriously the battery life is already bad enough

is VERIZON going to get the bold I really feel like that is the ONLY alternative to the iphone or just switching bak to my 8830
    12-11-08 09:38 PM
    you should read a bit.

A few of your issues are resolvable

Give the phone time and it will grow on you

or go back to 1990s track ball technology

Good luck

I tweaked the screws in mine and it rocks now

new software and it responds as good as the Iphomo
    12-11-08 09:49 PM
    i tweaked the screws as well. their are just so many other problems im goin back to the 90s
    12-12-08 09:16 AM
    I gave it a try and REALLLYY tried to love it the phone just isnt right its so slow no standby awkward in our hand its going straight back to VZW and im getting the almighty iphone

but seriously the click feature already broke not just not responsive i can t use half the keyboard!!! not to mention...
    2. speakerphone = ****
    4. the curved nature makes it awkward to press "standby" and slip in your pocket

is VERIZON going to get the bold I really feel like that is the ONLY alternative to the iphone or just switching bak to my 8830
    I did the exact same thing as you. VZW actually had the balls to try and get me to pay a restocking fee and still make me responsible for a $20 upgrade fee which obviously no longer applied since I returned the phone.
    12-12-08 09:27 AM
    Rumor has it the Bold is coming to other carriers, including Verizon. I think the current rumored date is May 2009. HOWEVER ATT does have an exclusive agreement, so we shall see. Check the Rumors Forum.
    12-12-08 09:32 AM

2. speakerphone = ****

Why not just get the iPhone. It's clearly the best Smartphone on the market -- check out all the mag reviews.
    12-12-08 09:37 AM
    i tweaked the screws as well. their are just so many other problems im goin back to the 90s
    What were you looking to accomplish by this thread? The issues you may be facing are either due to a defective phone, or user error, and possibly a combination of both.

Most of your issues are software related and will likely be fixed with OS updates.

Coming to this forum to complain about your phone is only decreasing the s/n ratio.

Perhaps the phone is not for you, then. Return it, then buy something that makes you happier. If it's the Bold, so be it. If it's an iPhone, so be it. If it's your old 8830, so be it.
    12-12-08 10:15 AM
    Sounds like your at fault with the screen not clicking. If you made it to loose or screws got loose the phone will not click. I did the same thing after tweaking my phone. Just tighten them up or remove the paper trix.

A well tweaked, wiped and updated phone works pretty well.
    Last edited by sanj0; 12-12-08 at 10:24 AM.
    12-12-08 10:21 AM
    Why not just get the iPhone. It's clearly the best Smartphone on the market -- check out all the mag reviews.
    Yeah, tell him to get the iphone so he can have a phone that:

can not send picture messages.
    can not take videos.
    can not remove the memory card or upgrade to more memory.
    can not copy and past.
    can not put in a fresh battery when the phones battery is dead after only 2 - 3 hours of above normal use.
    can not hold a phone call with out dropping it. (well it is a bit better now, but still bad.)

The iphone has been out for some time now and it still has many problems that Apple will not fix. The Storm has been out for a short time and looks like most of its problems are being fixed.
    12-12-08 10:47 AM
    Yeah, tell him to get the iphone so he can have a phone that:

can not send picture messages.
    can not take videos.
    can not remove the memory card or upgrade to more memory.
    can not copy and past.
    can not put in a fresh battery when the phones battery is dead after only 2 - 3 hours of above normal use.
    can not hold a phone call with out dropping it. (well it is a bit better now, but still bad.)

The iphone has been out for some time now and it still has many problems that Apple will not fix. The Storm has been out for a short time and looks like most of its problems are being fixed.
    Or you can stick with the Storm and have:
    to use pieces of paper or credit cards to make the damn thing click,
    laggy performance,
    crappy accelerometer response,
    buggy OS,
    random crashes and reboots,
    lost applications,
    falling off "end call" buttons,
    click screen that doesn't click in all corners,
    slow camera response,
    problems with video playback,
    crappy phone app,
    remove as many programs as possible just to get the phone semi-responsive,
    battery pulls as protocol to make the thing responsive,

but on a positive note, I heard that when you lose all smartphone functionality on the device because it's bricked, you could use it as a magnet.
    12-12-08 11:04 AM
    Guys, I dont think hes trolling but has legitimate complaints. I think its ok for people to express their complaints about the phone. No phone is perfect, and neither is the storm. Its a piece of technology and we should feel free to discuss all of its shortcomings. Thats the only way for things to improve in the future.

If noone had complained about the screen then the genious who figured out the screw method of fixing the screen might not have come up with that.
    12-12-08 11:27 AM
    Did anyone else have the problem with muting the call with your ear? LOL I had that several times...real nice design blackberry!
    12-12-08 11:29 AM
    Did anyone else have the problem with muting the call with your ear? LOL I had that several times...real nice design blackberry!
    I called it "cheek error". LOL
    12-12-08 11:35 AM
    Or you can stick with the Storm and have:
    to use pieces of paper or credit cards to make the damn thing click,
    laggy performance,
    crappy accelerometer response,
    buggy OS,
    random crashes and reboots,
    lost applications,
    falling off "end call" buttons,
    click screen that doesn't click in all corners,
    slow camera response,
    problems with video playback,
    crappy phone app,
    remove as many programs as possible just to get the phone semi-responsive,
    battery pulls as protocol to make the thing responsive,

but on a positive note, I heard that when you lose all smartphone functionality on the device because it's bricked, you could use it as a magnet.
    I'd just like to point out that you're overgeneralizing things. My experience with the problems you listed:

1. No. Clicks fine
    2. No. Just as fast as the iPhone sitting next to me (a co-worker let me test with his).
    2.5. See above.
    3. Yes, but it's better with the update.
    4. No. Never. Not once since I got mine on launch day.
    5. No. Never.
    6. No.
    7. Works fine.
    8. Yes, the camera is slow.
    9. No. Mine works flawlessly as a phone.
    10. Nope. I've added stuff, not removed it.
    11. Once or twice a week.

As you can see, some people experience some of the problems. Others don't. I really do think everyone needs to chill a bit. It's a freakin' phone. If you don't like it, get something else. If you like it, use it. The problems are well documented. Starting threads like this don't do anything but get people worked up, and I suspect that's the intent from the get go.
    12-12-08 11:35 AM
    or go back to 1990s track ball technology
    Actually, a trackball would have made this phone usable. Let's hope Storm 2 has one.
    12-12-08 11:37 AM

2. speakerphone = ****

1. You have too much crap running? Mine runs smooth as butter I usually have 40-45 megs free file going
    2. I could be better, but it's not the worst. It is loud tho for sure
    3. I've had two different units since 11/21 release day and not a single lock up on either one yet.
    4. I wouldn't suggest putting this in your pocket, but that's just me. I use a plastic holster to put it in.
    5. Wifi is a serious battery drain. It'll drain the battery a lot faster than anything else you do if it had Wifi and you have it enabled.

Yes the Bold is a nice phone, but why do people keep comparing this phone to other phones? Every phone has it's pro's and con's. If you like another phone better for whatever reason, then use that phone. Nobody is forcing you or has a gun to your head saying "You must use the Blackberry Storm"

/rant
    Last edited by dcoy82; 12-12-08 at 11:48 AM.
    12-12-08 11:45 AM
    both the phones suck in their own special way...just use the one you feel sucks the least.

:-)

You guys all sound like women. Complaining just to complain.
    12-12-08 12:00 PM
    LOL so funny, post a picture with a penny or you bs. Funny how apple fanboys come up in here posting crap threads like this about the storm, to boost their ego. I have a storm, I have enough of the storm, the storm is going back, vz is crap, blah blah blah.. STFU! you never even had the damn thing. All the crap said or posted were from reviews, he say, she say, that you read around the internet. Now even trolls disguise themselves, ninja trolls?
    12-12-08 12:53 PM
    all i hear lately is negative feedback about the storm. Stop it, is annoying. It is a great phone , small problems which are fixable. To the guy on about the iphone-are you still using an abacus?
    12-12-08 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD