Hello,

I got my new Passport (my first BlackBerry and the best phone I have ever had!) and I purchased the Modular Sync Dock Pod from amazon.com.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13140592

Ive plugged the dock into my ThinkPad W540 and whenever I place the phone in I get the "USB device not recognized" message on my laptop. And the Passport has a dialogue that says USB Connected and gives options for what to do next. If I select 'install drivers' nothing happens. Ive tried every USB port on the laptop and I have tried to connect it to my Surface Pro as well and the exact same thing happens. I have BlackBerry Link and Blend installed on the laptop as well. If I connect with the USB directly from the phone to the ThinkPad it connects fine. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions??

Thanks
    02-19-18 11:21 PM
    You can try this - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-p...ng-usb-devices might work.
    02-20-18 05:37 AM
    Thanks so much for the suggestion! I tried it but it still gives the USB device not recognized every time I place the phone in the dock, which is very annoying.
    02-21-18 07:11 AM
    Mine is v fussy about the USB cable, for some reason it does not like non-BB cables.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-18 01:30 AM
    I can also testify to hit-and-miss experience using USB cables to connect my Passport. Can't say for sure that non-BB cables won't work, but that's what I typically use and can always get a successful connection.
    02-22-18 11:24 AM
    Thanks very much for the help but I have tried a variety of USB cables and it still does not work. I think I am going to just return the dock.
    02-25-18 10:21 AM
    Thanks very much for the help but I have tried a variety of USB cables and it still does not work. I think I am going to just return the dock.
    Yep, fact that it talks to Blend etc dockless points to a dock glitch, good luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-18 02:37 AM