Hi everyone, I've bought a keyone 2 weeks ago, after the first configuration the system ask me to install a new firmware update, but I've noticed (after a couple of days) a general sluggishness of the system, the apps always crushing (specially WhatsApp) and it was a terrible experience.

Disabling the hub and the other bb things take a little more performance, but in general it was the same more or less, then finally I've decided to erase all on it and do an hard reset.

After 10 wrong pin unlock codes the phon will erase everything by default, and I've started a new setup.
    Now it's a new device, faster than before, the hub is smooth and the apps works great.

I know it's a pain (you know where) to setup everything from blank, all the accounts and the apps, but for everyone have the same experience of mine "hard reset" it's the way, you won't regret it.
    02-04-18 03:12 AM
    Yes I have experienced something similar. At times the update doesn't properly update the phone and you're better off to so a backup before doing an update and then factory reset + restore after applying the update.

Unfortunately Blackberry didn't do a very good job with these updates.
    02-04-18 03:27 AM
    Out of old autoloader days I still always do a factory reset. With everything in the cloud it takes about 20min to reconfigure the device from scratch.
    02-04-18 12:27 PM
    Out of old autoloader days I still always do a factory reset. With everything in the cloud it takes about 20min to reconfigure the device from scratch.
    Yes but you have to log in every account and app, this take a lot of time.
    Without root permissions we can't use titanium backup
    02-04-18 05:04 PM
    True if you're using a lot of apps. I'm using this as a business communication device with very few apps so it's really fast and easy.
    02-04-18 05:17 PM
    I did that when I first moved from BB10 to Android... every quarter when my Moto got an accumulated patches or updates, I'd do a Factory Reset after a few days of "glitches".

With my S7, I haven't noticed in issues after each monthly update (on Jan 2018), so I've stopped bothering with it. Have cleared the cache a couple of times over the last couple of months, that seemed to be enough.
    02-05-18 03:43 PM
    which way is most effective to back up and re-install? any app that look like BB link on computer?
    02-05-18 03:55 PM
    which way is most effective to back up and re-install? any app that look like BB link on computer?
    For Samsung... yes. Their Smart Switch program does full Backup/Restore along with Outlook Sync (if you needed it, I don't).
    02-06-18 07:23 AM
    For Samsung... yes. Their Smart Switch program does full Backup/Restore along with Outlook Sync (if you needed it, I don't).
    many thanks. you mean only for sammy phone? that's too bad. hopefully, BBMo will have something like that (for security sensitive chaps, back up on computer possibly is better than cloud). IMHO. thanks again.
    02-06-18 09:59 AM
    no January update received for Sprint Keyone and it's now February 9th!
    02-09-18 10:20 AM
    Hi everyone, I've bought a keyone 2 weeks ago, after the first configuration the system ask me to install a new firmware update, but I've noticed (after a couple of days) a general sluggishness of the system, the apps always crushing (specially WhatsApp) and it was a terrible experience.

Disabling the hub and the other bb things take a little more performance, but in general it was the same more or less, then finally I've decided to erase all on it and do an hard reset.

After 10 wrong pin unlock codes the phon will erase everything by default, and I've started a new setup.
    Now it's a new device, faster than before, the hub is smooth and the apps works great.

I know it's a pain (you know where) to setup everything from blank, all the accounts and the apps, but for everyone have the same experience of mine "hard reset" it's the way, you won't regret it.
    So to get around I'll have to hard reset every while (ie: 2-3months)

That's a bit of a pain though
    02-09-18 10:31 AM
    So to get around I'll have to hard reset every while (ie: 2-3months)

That's a bit of a pain though
    You can try to wipe cache instead, maybe this will work
    02-09-18 10:58 AM
    Well it's been a day, seems to be OK for now. Give it over the weekend to see what else happens.
    02-09-18 09:50 PM