Now that I have retired from running a company, and am now out of the Ready Reserve. I can make a few observations on different phones and support.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition: while I love my phone I do have to say, the T-Rex is coming to extinction. Apps are starting to no longer be updated, but still work fine. Will enjoy the ride as long as I can, besides I still love the looks when the younger crowd see’s the phone. First statements are always were can I get one........then the laughing when I tell them how old it is.

BlackBerry Priv: this phone has a great screen. Colors are perfect. The keyboard is a little small but still much better than a virtual keyboard. Yes it can still get hot, but it runs well. Once the PassPort goes to the great beyond it should do nicely. Yes the OS is no longer updated, but it runs fine.

BlackBerry KeyOne: this Phone I am torn on, while it has a nice keyboard I wish it had a much better screen. The color is fine unless you set in next to any of the other phones in the thread. Then you see the difference. Also the speaker phone (I use one all the time) is weaker than the other phones, not a show stopper but it is what it is. On the other side the battery is amazing and the phone is matureing nicely.

Apple 8 Plus: while not a BlackBerry I use one so here it is. One of the attractive things about the phone is the water resistance and OS smoothness. Yes Apple got caught with the hand in the cookie jar. (Battery issue). But they support their phones for a much longer time than any Android.

Service: here is were Apple has no equal. While other companies may do ok. My daughter had an issue and Apple kept pushing it up the ladder until it was in direct software development. The call was 2 hours but the problem was fixed. Also because she helped them, she was given a 100 I tunes card.
    Attached Thumbnails General thoughts-c0b0456f-f2cb-4480-9164-2c0dd148a210.jpg  
    01-31-18 06:42 PM
    Now that I have retired from running a company, and am now out of the Ready Reserve. I can make a few observations on different phones and support.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition: while I love my phone I do have to say, the T-Rex is coming to extinction. Apps are starting to no longer be updated, but still work fine. Will enjoy the ride as long as I can, besides I still love the looks when the younger crowd see’s the phone. Fist statements are always were can I get one........then the laughing when I tell them how old it is.

BlackBerry Priv: this phone has a great screen. Colors are perfect. The keyboard is a little small but still much better than a virtual keyboard. Yes it can still get hot, but it runs well. Once the PaasPort goes to the great beyond it should do nicely. Yes the OS is no longer updated, but it runs fine.

BlackBerry KeyOne: this Phone I am torn on, while it has a nice keyboard I wish it had a much better screen. The color is fine unless you set in next to any of the other phones in the thread. Then you see the difference. Also the speaker phone (I use one all the time) is weaker than the other phones, not a show stopper but it is what it is. On the other side the battery is amazing and the phone is matureing nicely.

Apple 8 Plus: while not a BlackBerry I use one so here it is. One of the attractive things about the phone is the water resistance and OS smoothness. Yes Apple got caught with the hand in the cookie jar. (Battery issue). But they support their phones for a much longer time than any Android.

Service: here is were Apple has no equal. While other companies may do ok. My daughter had an issue and Apple kept pushing it up the chair until it was in direct software development. The call was 2 hours but the problem was fixed. Also because she helped them, she was given a 100 I tunes card.
    Hey ThatGuy... how are things on your side of the bay today?

Curious. The wife is thinking iPhone 7 Plus over the iPhone 8 Plus since the 8 Plus has the glass back. Thoughts?
    01-31-18 06:48 PM
    Hey ThatGuy... how are things on your side of the bay today?

Curious. The wife is thinking iPhone 7 Plus over the iPhone 8 Plus since the 8 Plus has the glass back. Thoughts?
    Weather on this side of the bay was Great!...as for the phone, go with the 8. Does everything the X does for less money. One other thought it does have wireless charging. Also the 8 plus is fantastic with the x phone parts.

Woof
    01-31-18 06:54 PM
    Weather on this side of the bay was Great!...as for the phone, go with the 8. Does everything the X does for less money. One other thought it does have wireless charging. Also the 8 plus is fantastic with the x phone parts.

Woof
    My wife got an 8 plus at launch. Hasn't had any problems with it, that I know of. She got the rose gold and uses a clear case. Loves the huge screen. I gave her a Samsung wireless charging stand that I couldn't get my Priv to work right on. Works great with the iPhone. 64gb model.
    01-31-18 09:02 PM
    Woof...! ;-))

•   Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - I guess my Passport says ... ;-))   •
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-07-18 11:14 PM

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition: while I love my phone I do have to say, the T-Rex is coming to extinction. Apps are starting to no longer be updated, but still work fine. Will enjoy the ride as long as I can, besides I still love the looks when the younger crowd see’s the phone. First statements are always were can I get one........then the laughing when I tell them how old it is.

BlackBerry Priv: this phone has a great screen. Colors are perfect. The keyboard is a little small but still much better than a virtual keyboard. Yes it can still get hot, but it runs well. Once the PassPort goes to the great beyond it should do nicely. Yes the OS is no longer updated, but it runs fine.

Service: here is were Apple has no equal. While other companies may do ok. My daughter had an issue and Apple kept pushing it up the ladder until it was in direct software development. The call was 2 hours but the problem was fixed. Also because she helped them, she was given a 100 I tunes card.
    As one chapter ends, another begins, welcome to your new found freedom! Wish you healthy and wealthy life my friend. I was away for 6 months. Had couple of heart surgeries. Now all well.
    02-13-18 06:02 AM
    As one chapter ends, another begins, welcome to your new found freedom! Wish you healthy and wealthy life my friend. I was away for 6 months. Had couple of heart surgeries. Now all well.
    Thank you very much my friend. I was sorry to hear about your medical situation. But I am glad your past it and doing well. As my father would say “ one door opens, and another closes”. That’s were we are both in our lives.

Be healthy and happy, may weath and in peace be with us for the rest of our lives.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-13-18 07:48 AM
    Thank you very much my friend. I was sorry to hear about your medical situation. But I am glad your past it and doing well. As my father would say “ one door opens, and another closes”. That’s were we are both in our lives.

Be healthy and happy, may weath and in peace be with us for the rest of our lives.
    Thank you so much for your kind wishes. It means a lot to me. My best regards to you.
    03-20-18 07:26 AM
    Woof...! ;-))

•   Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - I guess my Passport says ... ;-))   •
    Hey Prem!!!! Where you been?
    08-18-19 10:52 AM