Has anyone gotten their Bold rebate yet?
    If so, how long did it take?
    I bought my Bold the day it was released in the U.S. (November 4) and I'm still waiting for my hundred clams.
    I know they say "up to 8 weeks;" I just want to know about how long I can expect to wait for it.
    Not that I'm greedy or anything.
    12-11-08 03:30 PM
    You just answered your own question, up to 8 weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 03:32 PM
    I mailed mine Nov 5th and received a text last week that they received it and were processing it.

Rebates are all a scam trying to predict that people will not send in the form.
    12-11-08 03:32 PM
    A lot of people don't, and when/if you do get it back it's in the form of a card or something.
    12-11-08 03:34 PM
    You just answered your own question, up to 8 weeks.
    When I mailed in a rebate for my daughter's LG phone, it took around 5-6 weeks, I think.
    I am just curious if anyone who bought theirs when I did has gotten their rebate yet.
    12-11-08 03:38 PM
    Rebates are all a scam trying to predict that people will not send in the form.
    You got that right. I HATE rebates. I wish they would just give us the reduced price right away.
    They also try to tell you that your rebate packet is incomplete, etc.
    12-11-08 03:41 PM
    No rebate yet...
    12-11-08 03:43 PM
    I have a rebate question:
    I upgraded to the Bold, and then I moved my account under another account. Do I still get my $100.00 rebate?
    12-11-08 04:27 PM
    Has anyone gotten their Bold rebate yet?
    If so, how long did it take?
    I bought my Bold the day it was released in the U.S. (November 4) and I'm still waiting for my hundred clams.
    I know they say "up to 8 weeks;" I just want to know about how long I can expect to wait for it.
    Not that I'm greedy or anything.
    I wouldn't count on getting it much sooner. I hate dealing with rebates.
    12-11-08 04:39 PM
    ya got my text 2 weeks ago that it was processing.

hopefully i get it this week
    12-11-08 05:54 PM
    I bought my Bold on Dec 2nd, mailed in the rebate on the 3rd and got the text message this week that it was received. Seems like its processing pretty quickly for me
    12-11-08 08:12 PM
    You can check your status over @ wireless.att.com/myrebate

I've been checking and it's been approved and should be being mailed soon... been at this stage for about two weeks now.
    12-11-08 08:18 PM
    You can check your status over @ wireless.att.com/myrebate

I've been checking and it's been approved and should be being mailed soon... been at this stage for about two weeks now.
    Thanks for posting that website to check our rebate. Pretty useful!
    12-11-08 08:31 PM
    I don't like waiting. I got mine up front at Best Buy. Yay, price matching!

12-11-08 08:39 PM
    I don't like waiting. I got mine up front at Best Buy. Yay, price matching!

I wish the rebate was instant. Or they just applied it to the bill.

12-11-08 08:54 PM
    I had three rebates and all three are in Step 4 of 5 currently. Hopefully I get them back soon, $250 would be nice for Christmas shopping!
    12-11-08 09:01 PM
    It's too late for you, but you can pass it on: If you order over the phone, and agree to a personal/pro Blackberry data package add-on, they will give you the $100 off, right away, instead of a rebate, according to the info given to me by ATT cellular customer service/sales, a few days ago.

I had to do some investigation to find that out, because they don't tell you that in the stores, because they don't want you to order over the phone. When I buy my Bold in January, I was told to just ask them to honor the phone deal — I expect them to, or I'll just order over the phone.

Now, I'm a current ATT customer, so I'm not sure if that applies to new customers. I'm assuming it does. Also, I basically told them that my monthly bill was going to go up, because I was getting a data plan along with a messaging package (this is before they told me about the instant $100 off, if you sign up for a data plan), and I wanted a softer phone price.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 12-11-08 at 09:19 PM.
    12-11-08 09:07 PM
    Just a FYI, most banks have cash advance machines and as long as your name is printed on the rebate card, they should be able to do a cash advance off the rebate card and give you the cash. The bank I work at does this and there are no fees associated with it. And if I recall correctly, AT&T prints the names on the cards as well.
    12-11-08 10:06 PM
    Mine shows Approved but hasnt mailed yet.
    I think its a Visa Card not a Check.
    12-12-08 12:12 AM
    Now mine wasn't a bold rebate, it did come from Sprint. Took them about 7 weeks to cut the check and mail it to me. As I recall, most rebates take about that long to receive.
    12-12-08 05:16 AM
    I have always gotten my rebates from ATT.. Never had a problem. Just check the status and it has been approved and will be mailed soon.. Awesome..just in time for Xmas.. yayy~~
    12-12-08 09:05 AM
    Yep on stage 4 of 5. Just waiting for them to mail it.
    12-12-08 09:10 AM
    I'm not seeing anyone who actually received it yet (for the Bold).

When I went to switch my Bold out, although I informed the store rep my rebate was "approved", he gave me the box and another receipt to get another $100. Lol.
    12-12-08 09:30 AM
    Mailed mine in around the 22nd when I got my Bold, and received a txt on the 3rd that they got it and are processing it.

According to the "fine print" in the rebate, you cannot get cash advance on the card, you must activate it upon receiving it at att.com/wirelessrebatecard and it is only good for 120 days. Might be best to use it quickly or convert it to an Amazon gift cert. or something that doesn't expire.

Supposedly, if you try to buy gas with it, you must present it to an attendant. If you go to the website at att.com/wirelessrebate it outlines it there in #3:

Where can I use my AT&T Promotion Card?

The AT&T Promotion Card can be used wherever a Visa Card can be used. It is not redeemable for cash and may not be used for cash withdrawal at any cash-dispensing locations. When purchasing gasoline at automated gasoline pumps take the card to the attendant first. Do not pay at the pump. AT&T Promotion Card is non-transferable and non-refundable. Funds are available at US locations only for 120 days after Card issuance, through the AT&T Promotion Card Expiration date shown on the card.
    Cheers,
    -m
    12-12-08 09:34 AM
    Supposedly, if you try to buy gas with it, you must present it to an attendant. If you go to the website at att.com/wirelessrebate it outlines it there in #3:
    -m
    I used my last rebate card from AT&T exclusively for gas.
    There was never a problem using it at the pump only.
    12-12-08 11:13 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD