just curious who in the Telus forum has actually gotten there storm?

And what extras have you gotten or do you recommend getting?

I haven't yet, but am suppose to get it on Saturday!
    12-11-08 02:34 PM
    The carrying case it comes with is absolutely joke.

You will need to buy a new one

Also, need to buy a car charger, and bluetooth

Driving and using this handset is impossible
    12-11-08 02:49 PM
    The carrying case it comes with is absolutely joke.

You will need to buy a new one

Also, need to buy a car charger, and bluetooth

Driving and using this handset is impossible
    I agree the case is a joke, the top of the phone is completely exposed. All i got today was a skin, looking for a better case.
    12-11-08 03:10 PM
    I agree the case is a joke, the top of the phone is completely exposed. All i got today was a skin, looking for a better case.
    just a thought but if you want I bought the phantom skinz for 24.95 got 2 of them and 2 screen protectors. If you want I can give you one, for free.
    We can figure the details out if you want me to mail it or if you wanna pick it up or what ever. it's like the GA & IS! let me know
    12-11-08 03:27 PM
    just a thought but if you want I bought the phantom skinz for 24.95 got 2 of them and 2 screen protectors. If you want I can give you one, for free.
    We can figure the details out if you want me to mail it or if you wanna pick it up or what ever. it's like the GA & IS! let me know
    Wow that would be awesome. I'll send you a PM or txt.
    12-11-08 04:08 PM
    i have mine and am loving it....haven't found mine to be a victim of lag as of yet. I am picking up my 2nd one tonite as I have set up a deal to sell it to somebody but if that falls through members of the board who are craving the storm and are near Peterborough area in Ontario I would be more than willing to offer the members discount (providing deal fails)

I just have the skin for it right now and it does the trick, I will eventually buy a few more extra's or get them for xmas
    12-11-08 04:17 PM
    With regards to cases, will it fit any of the other Leather, top-flap carrying cases sold with the other models?

I have one from an 8800 and a 8100 floating around.

Also, has anyone gotten the Zagg invisible shield?

A buddy of mine has it for the iPhone, and it looks like it does a really good job protecting the phone without compromising function.

Edited to add: Yeah I got one.
    12-11-08 04:20 PM
    With regards to cases, will it fit any of the other Leather, top-flap carrying cases sold with the other models?

I have one from an 8800 and a 8100 floating around.

Also, has anyone gotten the Zagg invisible shield?

A buddy of mine has it for the iPhone, and it looks like it does a really good job protecting the phone without compromising function.

Edited to add: Yeah I got one.
    not sure about the leather case but you can check and see. also I ordered the Zagg, then I canceled because I could get 2 for the price of 1 and FREE shipping to Canada which is a big deal to me. they always over charge Canada
    12-11-08 04:54 PM
    I got one of the 3 at the Kanata Future Shop today , so far ok, i've gotta activate it tomorrow or something when I get a moment i'm just so busy lately.

I'm gonna try to get the holster type case when I get back to BC this weekend.
    12-11-08 09:00 PM
    I got it with the car charger rubber skin and leather belt clip case the rubber skin is good but doesn't fit in case with skin on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 09:07 PM
    got mine and am loving it. Thats why i haven't been around to busy playing around with it if someone can help me set up my email please pm thanks
    12-11-08 09:27 PM
    Scored mine tonight!!!!! Along with a car charger. Havent got to play with it much but soon enough. Picked it up at Future shop in Lethbridge. 1 of 3!
    12-11-08 11:04 PM
    login to the telus BIS and it'll prompt you that there's been a device change. All you gotta do is click yes and the network does the rest.
    12-11-08 11:04 PM
    login to the telus BIS and it'll prompt you that there's been a device change. All you gotta do is click yes and the network does the rest.
    It was ridiculously simple. I was shocked. I've never had a device change go so smoothly.
    12-11-08 11:43 PM
    i did the same no issue at all thanks guys.. This thing is the bomb.....
    12-12-08 12:09 AM
    LoL oh mannn the case it comes with is a huge joke! Its hard as a rock, and it does not even fit the whole phone. lol. I didnt get anything for mine but a charger. (nothing worse than your phone dying while on the road, plus the guy gave me a wicked deal at 10.00) they didnt have anything at futureshop for extras tho

Phone overall, is great! still pretty slow at typing versus what i used to be. lol.
    12-12-08 12:26 AM
    Got mine yesterday.
    Scratched the screen big time today, one 1.5" thin one, and a nice scruff......hadn't even had it for 24 hrs
    Anyways, last night I ordered an oem silicon skin and 2 charging cradles........one for home and one for the office!
    12-12-08 12:59 AM
    ......oh, I was going to ask why shipping is SO expensive to Canada from the crackberry store??
    I would like to help support this forum, but shipping on a $10 case is $35 to ship......... that is a big pill to swallow!!
    12-12-08 01:02 AM
    I got mine this morning and I must say I'm in love!~

The phone works really well... my biggest disappointment I would say is the browser... not as fast or PC-like as I thought it would be.

I also don't love the fact that the holster doesn't cover the whole phone... I love holsters in general... Does anyone know if they will be releasing a holster that covers the whole phone soon?

The only accesories I got so far are a car charger and a Ghost Armour.

I also have a BlueAnt SuperTooth3 Handsfree Device... I highly recommend it to anyone. It works flawlessly!
    Last edited by electro_cute; 12-12-08 at 03:03 AM.
    12-12-08 02:30 AM
    Got mine on the 10th. Picked up a skin case for it and the dock. Skin works great, I ordered a Phantom Skinz set but haven't gotten around to applying it yet. Dock is great, bedside mode is awesome. Only problem is the phone doesn't fit in to the dock while it is skinned, thats my only complaint.

Not getting any lag, phone works like magic!
    12-12-08 06:13 AM
    Btw, has anyone tried the youtube app ?

Does it work for you?
    12-12-08 06:54 AM
    btw mike, what's your pin?!
    12-12-08 06:55 AM
    Julien, I PIN msged you.
    12-12-08 10:30 AM
    I don't have the youtube app on my phone. Is it supposed to come per-loaded?

I also find that dialing in my curve was easier than on the storm.

I found the windows live messenger under the Application Center.

On my curve I downloaded the weather network push weather app. I am unable to with the storm because it says it is running OS version below 4.1, any ideas?
    12-12-08 12:13 PM
    Picked up my storm on the 10th. This is my first bb, and I have to say I am quite pleased with Storm's capabilities.

I don't know how I ever lived without having a phone to retrieve my emails...lol.

I am finding this site very useful in learning how to get the most out of my Storm. Thanks everyone!

gemson
    12-12-08 01:10 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD