I downloaded google sync and have recurring events on my google calendar and when it synced all my events are listed on my storm but it does not show it as recurring. All recurring events are listed as single events. What am I doing wrong.

TIA
    12-11-08 01:32 PM
    Bumping message. Still can not get recurring events to occur when syncing with google calendar to blackberry.
    12-13-08 07:07 AM
    From what I've researched, it's a known issue with items that span more than one day. Workaround is to make one appointment for all day, and repeat it daily for each day you need it to continue. IE, for an appt that spans five days, you would need to have it set up to have five individual all-day appointments.
    12-13-08 07:25 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yeah - that's what I heard too.
    12-13-08 08:04 AM
    C'mon rim and google , that's hardly an acceptable workaround for a business device...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 11:07 PM
    C'mon rim and google , that's hardly an acceptable workaround for a business device...

Ummm, you can't knock software that Google is giving you for free. It's not RIM's fault, Gsync is a side project of the mobile team, and free.
    02-05-09 12:11 AM
    Might be true, but Google cares about the perception of their apps

02-05-09 02:26 AM
    BES works just fine for business apps. RIM can hardly be blamed for a problem with free Google Sync!
    02-05-09 02:55 AM
    Do we know that the problem lies on the Google side of the api, not the blackberry side?

02-05-09 02:57 AM

Uh - what does RIM have to do with this? This is another shortcomming of Google.
    02-05-09 03:14 AM
    Ok, as a newb I am learning that ppl are fiercely loyal to rim! Probably with good reason. But why do we assume that the problem lies on the google side? Just asking because I want to understand...

02-05-09 03:16 AM
    Ok, as a newb I am learning that ppl are fiercely loyal to rim! Probably with good reason. But why do we assume that the problem lies on the google side? Just asking because I want to understand...

Has absolutely nothing to do with being loyal to RIM. Google sync had the same problem when trying to sync with my Treo 700WX which was running Windows Mobile 5.0. I.E. Different operating systems, different device manufacturers, same sync problems.
    02-05-09 03:45 AM
    I heard anything recurring events on your calendar before you downloaded sync wont be there. Just delete them and re-enter them.
    02-05-09 06:43 AM
    Tried that, doesn't work - anyone else get it to work?

02-05-09 06:45 AM
    I had the same problem with google sync...I went back to outlook and now no problems...To bad, google sync was so much easier...
    02-05-09 06:46 AM
    I had the same problem with google sync...I went back to outlook and now no problems...To bad, google sync was so much easier...
    02-05-09 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD