After visiting three different Telus Stores today,not one would sell me the Storm. They tell me new activations only ......really makesa you feel good after being a corporate accopunt for over 10 years.
    I guess it's time to switch to Bell...
    12-10-08 12:51 PM
    craigslist.ca

MANY people are selling storms for 500$ in GTA
    12-10-08 12:52 PM
    FYI, Bell is also mainly doing only new activations tomorrow :S
    12-10-08 04:28 PM
    Thats just not right, some Verizon locations here in the states did that.
    12-10-08 04:30 PM
    your on a CONTRACT.

either pay to cancel your current one and get a new activation, or pay the extra.

buy your phone without contract next time so you can pay month to month instead.
    12-10-08 04:42 PM
    how can they refuse a sale. if someone is willing to pay full price, arnt they obligated to sell it. thats discrimination. turn them in to the BBB.
    12-10-08 04:45 PM
    They should be able to sell it to you at full retail price, but they probably would have to order it for you versus selling you one that they have on hand in the store. When my dad bought mine he had to leave the store with the device activated on his line, if not they were going to have to order him one. Makes sense that they would do it that way because they can pretty much guarantee that they are going to get the 2yr contract along with data feature cost. If someone buys the device full retail and lets say they unlock it and take it to another carrier, that's money lost. Sure bet versus not so sure bet - yeah sure bet wins.
    12-10-08 05:00 PM
    They are a company that has a right to refuse service however they see fit. That may no be the corporate policy, so complaining to customer service may get you the phone, but complaining to the BBB won't get you anywhere

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 05:28 PM
    how can they refuse a sale. if someone is willing to pay full price, arnt they obligated to sell it. thats discrimination. turn them in to the BBB.
    lol, no they are not obligated to sell it. They are a private company that can conduct their business any way they want as long as its lawful.

Discrimination would be if they said they were only going to activate phones for white people. Its a little different.

That being said, go ahead and file a BBB complaint. If you take it far enough, im sure they will give in, but not because they are legally obligated to do so.
    12-10-08 05:35 PM
    i got my phone, i really dont care what they do. just seems odd they will only sell to new activations and wont sell them full retail.
    12-11-08 01:35 PM
    to the guy who said a sure bet vs a not sure bet.. a sure bet wins everytime, well something that trumps that is a sale is a sale no matter what. id be surprised to see a verizon store or any store rufuse a sale if someone has the cash in hand willing to pay full retail price.
    12-11-08 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD