So, it's well known that Priv will stay on Marshmallow.
    But, this phone will keep receiving aty last security patch updates for a time, my question is about if it's just the content released by google or it sometimes can bring some software bugfixes, improvments and that kind of stuff?
    I'm considering to get a Priv, since i'm done with my beloved Passport, at first sight i would get an K1 since i love how it looks but unfortunatelly it's a bit expensive for my budget...
    Does Priv worths for ~$250 at this point of time?
    My biggest concearn is about battery life, i have read so many
    people complaining here about short backup... Is it that bad?
    I remember the time i was using a LG Nexus 5, that was a very bad phone while talking about battery life, and Snapdragon 800 used to fry my fingers a lot (SD 808 seems to act the same way), so...
    Does it worth to get a Priv now?

Thank you guys in advance!
    10-06-17 09:50 AM
    The Priv is an excellent device for $250. I just picked one up for my wife who moved over from a Classic. She loves it because is has all the apps she wanted and they work. Battery life for her isn't great but that's because she's a social media hog. FB and some other social media apps are known to drain the battery.

I on the other hand, have had my Priv for almost 2 years now and my battery lasts a full day no problem. I've tweaked my Priv though to get maximum performance and I don't use things like FB or SnapChat which suck the life out of any battery. The phone will get occasionally warm when using certain apps e.g. Google Maps, Kodi, YouTube but these apps consist of lots of SOT.
    adrianocolvero likes this.
    10-06-17 09:39 PM
    I bought my unlocked Priv from dailysteals.com for $279.99 free shipping. I've had it since March 2017. I left a Passport to do it because I could see the writing on the wall for BB10 and I wanted to get used to Android. It's been a great experience.

I will say this...I've read a lot of threads about Priv problems. But I've had Marshmallow from the beginning... so my experience has been better than the folks who had to deal with Lollipop. My phone does not overheat and the battery lasts me all day with 50% left when I get home for the day. I'm not someone who plays games or uses social media apps or even use my phone for GPS purposes. So, my Priv, isn't put through as much as most people would use their phone for. But as a communications tool and to run the less demanding apps, it's excellent. At $250 it's a steal.
    adrianocolvero likes this.
    10-07-17 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD